Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #76
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 240
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Nigel Benn must have stole ApatheticLeader's girlfriend.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #77
RNS
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

I think you have to take the very best Benn and the best we have seen from Froch,

If it was the Benn that fought McClellan then I think that beats anything we have seen from Froch so far...
RNS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #78
Threetime no1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Lion's Den
Posts: 3,285
vCash: 1537
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
Nigel Benn must have stole ApatheticLeader's girlfriend.

Threetime no1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #79
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
Nigel Benn must have stole ApatheticLeader's girlfriend.
I think Eubank, Benn and Watson all ran a train on her, considering the hate he spews.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #80
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw21 View Post
i like froch but this is ridiculous,

and too bring up the watson fight as a example of why benn would lose to froch is even worse. watson was a class operator and one of the best technical fighters that britain had and nigel benn improved vastly after that defeat.

Benn was not a slow starter and would have leapt on froch as soon as the 1st bell went, carl froch's left hand low, slow footwork would have caused him to eat nigels right hand all night, no real head movement from froch either, where as nigel ducked, bobbed and weaved. he was square on alot on saturday night great performance but hes not beating benn.

and people questioning benns heart and mental toughness..... really. the man was a warrior and at his best when hurt.

froch combination punching is untidy and not fluid, and froch is uppercut in my opinion is incorrect... one of the best uppercuts i have ever seen from a british suppermiddleweight is james cook perfect short and powerful uppercut.

the dark destroyer wins this one for me!

how would watson v froch have gone?
Absolutely. Some real shite being spewed on this thread. Benn is to fast and intense, with good upper body movement. He lands that right hand on Frochs chin all night.
And people questioning Benns stamina.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #81
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Froch is not that hard a puncher.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #82
Threetime no1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Lion's Den
Posts: 3,285
vCash: 1537
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Nicky Piper's shed = off it.
Threetime no1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #83
TaylorSwift12
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

I was gonna leave this section

of ESB alone because I thought it was all 100% serious posters.

But then I read ApatheticLeader's retarded moron posts and felt like I now have the right to join in as well.


1- stop talking like Nigel was in a black and white era and Froch is that much more evolved.. Nigel was from the 90's that is pretty much modern era already. He's not some 50's fighter who is over hyped cuz he is 'old school' the 90's era is just as physical and big as this era.

2- You are judging all of Froch's abilities on the beat down he put on Lucian Bute and the performance he had against Kessler.

Who the **** is Lucian Bute? Everybody likes Froch ya, but let's not forget
Jermain Taylor got him wobbled and knocked down and was winning more rounds up until he got gassed. Froch is my CURRENT favorite fighter
but he got beat up bad by Andre Ward. He is a extremely limited fighter with a great heart and a great chin.

Gerald Mccellan the same fighter a past prime Nigel beat up after the initial knock down would have brutally and savagely taken Lucian's life within 2 rounds.

3- You are looking at a green Benn's defeat against WATSON? ROFL.
Watson is like 40 times as good as guys like Glen Johnson and Jermain Taylor. Guys who Froch went to war with.


Once again not saying Benn will have a easy fight. But I think Benn will win a close decision or late tko.

He's not gonna knock Froch out, but

let's remember one thing people

Carl Froch's preferred method of defense

is blocking punches with his face


That's a sure fire way to get brain damage against Nigel
TaylorSwift12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #84
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Yo gangsta! Let's get ready to gang bang"!
Posts: 5,390
vCash: 187
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorSwift12 View Post
I was gonna leave this section

of ESB alone because I thought it was all 100% serious posters.

But then I read ApatheticLeader's retarded moron posts and felt like I now have the right to join in as well.


1- stop talking like Nigel was in a black and white era and Froch is that much more evolved.. Nigel was from the 90's that is pretty much modern era already. He's not some 50's fighter who is over hyped cuz he is 'old school' the 90's era is just as physical and big as this era.

2- You are judging all of Froch's abilities on the beat down he put on Lucian Bute and the performance he had against Kessler.

Who the **** is Lucian Bute? Everybody likes Froch ya, but let's not forget
Jermain Taylor got him wobbled and knocked down and was winning more rounds up until he got gassed. Froch is my CURRENT favorite fighter
but he got beat up bad by Andre Ward. He is a extremely limited fighter with a great heart and a great chin.

Gerald Mccellan the same fighter a past prime Nigel beat up after the initial knock down would have brutally and savagely taken Lucian's life within 2 rounds.

3- You are looking at a green Benn's defeat against WATSON? ROFL.
Watson is like 40 times as good as guys like Glen Johnson and Jermain Taylor. Guys who Froch went to war with.


Once again not saying Benn will have a easy fight. But I think Benn will win a close decision or late tko.

He's not gonna knock Froch out, but

let's remember one thing people

Carl Froch's preferred method of defense

is blocking punches with his face


That's a sure fire way to get brain damage against Nigel


1) Both primitive and refined fighters exist in every era - are you so stupid to think that they are consigned to times past? Benn had good qualities, but in many ways he was primitive. He's not a 50s fighter that is overrated because he is old-school, he's a 90s fighter that is overrated because of his popularity and the nostalgia points that build up as soon as someone retires.

2) Point out where I have used the Bute fight as an example of his ability on this thread. Do it or piss off.

3) I used the Watson defeat to illustrate that Benn was not that tough or durable. But I could also use the Eubank fight, the Logan fight, the Wharton fight, or the Barkley fight. Pick one, your choice. Benn was brave, not tough - and it baffles me how intelligent people like a lot of posters frequenting the British forum get these two basic terms confused, let alone a complete moron like yourself.

Most fighters at 168 got hit a lot by Benn due to a lack of quality, the only one that received brain damage only showed major damage after a vicious clash of heads.

So, in summary:

STFU and GTFO.

Last edited by ApatheticLeader; 05-29-2012 at 05:01 PM.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #85
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Yo gangsta! Let's get ready to gang bang"!
Posts: 5,390
vCash: 187
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I think Eubank, Benn and Watson all ran a train on her, considering the hate he spews.
I've never criticised Watson in any way, shape or form. I bloody love Watson.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #86
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Yo gangsta! Let's get ready to gang bang"!
Posts: 5,390
vCash: 187
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Froch is not that hard a puncher.
Neither is Eubank.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #87
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticLeader View Post
I've never criticised Watson in any way, shape or form. I bloody love Watson.
Because he effectively beat Eubank once and beat Benn too?

You are pathetic.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #88
jack365
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Froch is not that hard a puncher.
I agree, hes not that hard a puncher. Against Benn he wouldnt have to be. I think Benn was more exciting than he was good. And he had stamina issues(as do a number of explosive punchers). His chin was especially suspect late in fights.

I wont say for certain Froch would win but I'd have him favourite. Certainly he'd be favourite going into the later rounds .
jack365 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #89
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

I'd feel pretty comfortable taking Barkley against Froch though.

As for Froch's power, it was more a general statement as to how Froch is apparently a destroyer after this weekend, rather than another point about a possible Benn matchup. I agree with most of your post
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #90
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Yo gangsta! Let's get ready to gang bang"!
Posts: 5,390
vCash: 187
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Because he effectively beat Eubank once and beat Benn too?

You are pathetic.
No, because he was sometimes poetry in motion to watch (although the dissection of Benn is so beautiful I tear up...)
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013