Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #91
norfolkinchance
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Carl Froch V Nigel Benn

it comes down to who can take what. and benn cant take what froch dishes out whilst froch soaks up benns punches.

froch was down against taylor but straight back up. slightly wobbled by dirrell.

benn was out on his feet against eubank, quit in my eyes against watson, tho he would have been stopped later on, hurt by barkley, koed by mclellan tho dodgy ref / count saved him and then hurt badly again in fight on several occasions. and there are other occasions when he has been hurt too.

i see a great fight which ends badly for nigel with him being beaten heavily the last few rounds when his upper body movement has gone and his power and resistance are weakening.
norfolkinchance is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #92
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Picked the wrong guy. Malinga was very tough, and a very capable operator who fought a lot of good fighters. He sounded the shittest so you picked on him, but that was also a solid era.
Sugar Boys record reads like a who's who ....he boxed everyone who was around at the time
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #93
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
im not going to argue about froch,i like him,great fighter,tough as ****,but i just think you don't like benn
I think that you are seeing this a bit through rose tinted specs Widdy. I love Benn the same as the next man but he did gas, and gas badly on occasion....I just think that Froch would outlast him. Unfortunately we don't live in the 15 round world anymore but if we did I think that Froch would be unbeaten, he's got a tremendous engine.
icemax is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum