Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: On a scale of one to ten...rate Carl Froch in his ability to finish.
1 4 1.72%
2 1 0.43%
3 2 0.86%
4 2 0.86%
5 3 1.29%
6 9 3.88%
7 37 15.95%
8 92 39.66%
9 53 22.84%
10 29 12.50%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #16
Quebec
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Rate Froch as a finisher.

I like the way he stays calm and doesn't flurry unnecessarily like a mad men. Mentally, Froch reminds me of a cold serial killer that's had way too many victims on his resume to let the excitement take over and possibly ruin the moment.
Quebec is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #17
pityforbute
RIP Johnny
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 777

I'm so glad we're having discussions like this.Can you imagine the slaughtering Carl would be taking if he'd lost on Saturday?
The world really can spin on a 5 pence piece sometimes.
pityforbute is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 06:52 AM   #18
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 25000

After the Bute fight, I gotta give him a 9.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Given him a 7 but could easily bump that to an 8, infact now I think about it I'd give him a solid 8! When he smells blood he is one mean son of a bitch,and much like the snake he's named after if he's hurt or pissed off he gives chase like a right ****ing loon.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #20
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Unequal chin
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #21
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

The way he went wind milling in he gets a 10 from me..
I think at the end of the 4th round, weight all on his front toes chucking in savage shots..
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272

that screwdrive uppercut he through at Bute when he had him hurt was a thing of beauty. It came out of nowhere.

He stalks but he doesnt panic.
There was a moment against taylor where he paused took a step back to creat a bt of space, then went hel for leather.

Some fighter get abit overexcited, froch does not he keeps his cool
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #23
Guybino
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

The way he stalks his opponents when they are hurt is great, low hands, hunched back, looks intimidating as ****, imagine that coming towards you when your dazed and hurt.
Guybino is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #24
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1040

Quote:
Originally Posted by pityforbute View Post
I'm so glad we're having discussions like this.Can you imagine the slaughtering Carl would be taking if he'd lost on Saturday?
The world really can spin on a 5 pence piece sometimes.
As opposed to this over blown,fan boy adulation Froch is presently receiving?
Froch didn't cure cancer-he won a fight,ffs!
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Box View Post
He drops his hands when he has his man hurt and just goes into pure stalker mode, seeing that must be very daunting on a fighter tryna run away with no legs underneath him. It may also give them the confidence to attempt a counter (Bute did often), which Froch would more than likely just walk through, presenting Froch with the opening needed to finish him off.
He is also clearly looking for openings in this stalk mode, he might miss a few when actually throwing a flurry but the first punch ho ****s back and lunges in with more often than not lands absolutely flush on a backtracking opponent, snapping their heads back with the punch, happened multiple times in both Taylor and Bute fights.
Yeah when he drops his hands and just casually weighs up what he's going to do it's so cold and calculating, if I was across the ring from him I'd full on shit myself
KidJackal is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #26
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

I had a heck of a time deciding what to vote, honestly. 9 seemed like it might be a tad generous, while 8 would have felt like selling him short.

8.5 would have been perfect, but unfortunately vBulletin polls only allow enough options to do whole integers.

See, 9 is too close to a flawless 10...and he does sometimes go into mad ape mode...

8, however, is only a few spots above the line of mediocrity. It's as close to 6 going down as it is to 10 looking up. It felt a bit odd stressing how excellent a finisher he was in the OP and then selecting an option that speaks more to "quite well above average" than "excellent"...and ultimately went with 9 after weighing the matter for some time...and with memories of last weekend's breakneck rout in the 5th still fresh in mind.

It seems most people agree he's in that range, with 8 in the lead and 9 hot on its heels...and I suspect a lot more people than myself would have gone for an 8.5 option if presented with it.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #27
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide View Post
robin reidwasnt finished, he retiered with an elbow injury
Aye, if you look back however I didn't say he finished him and didn't cite Reid specifically as an example of his finishing prowess. Said that he stopped him, which he did. The point being made in listing all those names with check and x marks was to show that only an elite caliber of tough and/or defensive minded world class boxers have made it the distance against him to ride or die on the cards...and most of those who didn't make it were indeed finished off in savage fashion. Reid being the notable exception.

Besides, he would have finished Reid well within the distance even had it not been for the retirement. He had him running in the third and dropped him, and then down again in the fifth after Hughes had repeatedly warned Robin he was going to pulling the plug. Then he did. The elbow injury was academic, and didn't impact the outcome.

Had Reid been allowed to answer the bell for the 6th in his state, Froch would have gotten rid of him probably within the first twenty seconds.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

The low-end 1-3 votes are all from known trolling aliases (tee hee! very funny, you guys! gold star for you!), but I'm curious to hear some arguments from those tabbing the 5-6 range.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #29
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 3208

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I had a heck of a time deciding what to vote, honestly. 9 seemed like it might be a tad generous, while 8 would have felt like selling him short.

8.5 would have been perfect, but unfortunately vBulletin polls only allow enough options to do whole integers.

It seems most people agree he's in that range, with 8 in the lead and 9 hot on its heels...and I suspect a lot more people than myself would have gone for an 8.5 option if presented with it.
I'll say it's more like 8
Robney is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
Quebec
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

See, 9 is too close to a flawless 10...and he does sometimes go into mad ape mode...

8, however, is only a few spots above the line of mediocrity. It's as close to 6 going down as it is to 10 looking up. It felt a bit odd stressing how excellent a finisher he was in the OP and then selecting an option that speaks more to "quite well above average" than "excellent"...and ultimately went with 9 after weighing the matter for some time...and with memories of last weekend's breakneck rout in the 5th still fresh in mind.

If I had to judge you based on this post, I'd say you have a pretty cerebral personality.
Quebec is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum