Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch in talk for september/october!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk17 View Post
while it would be a great fight again for sure. I think it's not the right time for a rematch yet. Froch schould go for another Direll fight Bika or a fight with Brian Magee. Kessler should fight the AA-Stieglitz winner, Direll, Glen Johnson or @ 175 vs Shumenov, Cloud, Campillo or Cleverly. The rematch should take place next summer

yeah...we want to see froch vs brian magee . glenn johnson? WTF?

bring on kessler now....who knows what will be going on a year from now for ****s sake
iceman71 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvizzz View Post
In Nottingham!
Bring it on!
**** yes! So looking forward to this!

Kessler definitely needs another tune up fight tho before this happens...
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
Big George
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbot View Post
Oh hell yes !
Froch UD this time
Saving Maid Marian in Sherwood Forest!
Big George is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
10oz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

kessler then aa/steiglitz winner then fight martinez at 164 then retire a G
10oz is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #20
RedDragonBoxing
Ametuer Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 902

There goes my student loan
RedDragonBoxing is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #21
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict

froch will win via controversial decision in a war. and then we will see froch vs kessler III on neutral ground
Mordechai is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
Teddy Edelman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

almost 50/50

I hope Kessler wins this...
Teddy Edelman is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #23
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Makes the most sense in every aspect.
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #24
BennitheHill
Danish journalist
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

It's 55-45 in the favour of Carl Froch, should the fight take place in Nottingham. In Denmark I'd have it the other way around.

Kessler needs to be a little bit more aggressive then their last encounter, and he needs to do the bodywork as he did in last their last outing. That really drained Froch.

By the way why isn't Kessler getting more respect? He has lost two fights in his career - both to undefeated fighters, who are both p4p-top 5 material. And he has beaten another who some have in the top 10.

And when he was injured and had to retire from the S6 he vacated his WBC-title and now he looks set to go to Nottingham. The sign of a true champ, really.

Just for the sake of it: I really like Froch. He is a true champ as well who has gone on the road and has fought the very, very best. Better fighters than Kessler, if I'm honest.
BennitheHill is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #25
NeroN
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordechai View Post
froch will win via controversial decision in a war. and then we will see froch vs kessler III on neutral ground
That sounds like a good plan if there isn't a clear winner this time.

I think The Netherlands is geographically the best neutral place if they want it. Or in Germany with AA fighting in the same card. That would be a huge event.
NeroN is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #26
NeroN
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennitheHill View Post
It's 55-45 in the favour of Carl Froch, should the fight take place in Nottingham. In Denmark I'd have it the other way around.

Kessler needs to be a little bit more aggressive then their last encounter, and he needs to do the bodywork as he did in last their last outing. That really drained Froch.

By the way why isn't Kessler getting more respect? He has lost two fights in his career - both to undefeated fighters, who are both p4p-top 5 material. And he has beaten another who some have in the top 10.

And when he was injured and had to retire from the S6 he vacated his WBC-title and now he looks set to go to Nottingham. The sign of a true champ, really.

Just for the sake of it: I really like Froch. He is a true champ as well who has gone on the road and has fought the very, very best. Better fighters than Kessler, if I'm honest.
Kessler is getting mad respect & love mate. Tell me one Kessler hater, that just doesn't exist.
NeroN is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #27
Zaryu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk17 View Post
while it would be a great fight again for sure. I think it's not the right time for a rematch yet. Froch schould go for another Direll fight Bika or a fight with Brian Magee. Kessler should fight the AA-Stieglitz winner, Direll, Glen Johnson or @ 175 vs Shumenov, Cloud, Campillo or Cleverly. The rematch should take place next summer
I don't think so. Kessler and Froch are the two best contender for Ward's championship at 168lbs. They don't need to waist time on less significant fights right now. They should fight each other for the right to get revenge against the #1 SMW in Andre Ward.
Zaryu is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #28
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This is THE fight as far as i'm concerned. **** Mayweather vs Pacquiao and all the bollocks that goes with it, this is a fight between two iron-chinned warriors who never disappoint, and will fight anyone, anywhere, anytime, no questions asked.

Mikkel Kessler is one of my favourite fighters but Froch arguably is my favourite. It'll be hard to cheer against Kessler but it's a fight that has to happen. Their first fight was absolutely epic and really could have gone either way. Being the man that he is, Kessler will be happy to come over here given the fact that Froch went to Denmark despite being the champion at the time.

Unless i'm working, I will 100% be ringside for this, regardless of the cost.

Let's get it on!
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #29
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennitheHill View Post

Kessler is a ****ing warrior mate, i'm a huge Froch fan but you can never dislike Kessler.

The man went to Wales to fight the greatest Super-Middle ever when he was undefeated unified champ, he went to Oakland to fight undefeated Ward with his own belt and he entered the Super Six despite not having to when he was the #1.

Kessler is a credit to the sport, and if he comes to Nottingham that will only show this further, whether he wins, loses or draws.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #30
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

good fight for both. i dunowho will win bt what I can say is the UK has the best smw's of all time (remember Kessler is half English).

Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Steve Collins (Irish), Richie Woodhall, Robin Reid, Rob McCracken, Joe Calzaghe, Mikkel Kessler (half English), Jeff Lacy (English parents), Michael Watson, Carl Froch and now James DeGale and George Groves coming throgh.

This has always been a great division for us.
iceferg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum