Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #31
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Where was that from?
From leave it in the ring podcast last Thursday.

"Floyd always says that if you want to be the best then you have to take the test but to me its if you want to be the best the you have to take the best test and Floyd hasn't been taking the best test. Floyd happens to be taking the convenient 'if I happen to be taking testosterone then it wont catch me' test in a State which allows 50% more testosterone.

I've always been suspect of it. If hes 'Mr I only get the best' why aren't you using the best? VADA are the leading brand in anti-doping and everyone will have to follow suit or its what you got to hide man.

This is all carefully crafted to suit him. He takes these long breaks. There isn't out of competition testing, we don't know what hes doing in the off season. He always looks bigger when he comes back and hes prematurely bald. These are red flags folks. Hes fighting at 154lbs and nobody blinked. Hes comfortable at 150lbs when he was 106lbs at 16 just like Manny Pacquiao but, being tested everybody goes okay, but they don't ask what the tests are.

Hes now claiming that he doesn't know what TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) is. One of his closest friends, and I have a quote of him saying 'I love this man,I fly him and his family out to all my fights, is Don Hale. He owns 24 TRT clinics across the country yet Floyd doesn't know what TRT is. Come on now.

I'm not saying Floyd is dirty but he needs to take the proper tests so we know exactly whats in his system. You need to go all in with this testing and not just dip your toe in and just hope.

We'll see. I'm hearing rumours about results and things but there's what you know and what you can print. If I could print what I know then you wouldn't see me for about a month because I'd come back with a book."
bam bam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #32
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

I haven't been following this Montoya Saga. Can anyone provide cliff notes?
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #33
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

****ing hell. So there might actually be something in this then
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #34
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
Journalists and people in the know should be ****ing banned from doing this 'I know something but I'm not going to tell you. Just know that I know' shit. Just report a story or don't. I want a report, not a ****ing riddle.
I wish I took the 'I know something but am not telling' line in regard to Mitchell - Burns
Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #35
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
Hes now claiming that he doesn't know what TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) is. One of his closest friends, and I have a quote of him saying 'I love this man,I fly him and his family out to all my fights, is Don Hale. He owns 24 TRT clinics across the country yet Floyd doesn't know what TRT is. Come on now.

- Gabriel Montoya
Found it:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I can't tell if that guy is on to something or is just some crazed stalker.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #36
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Ah, right. I've never listened to that show but he does write some good stuff. He's the only boxing journalist chasing up this drugs/PEDs issue.

A lot of these US journos are egostical twats . Rafael, Steve Kim...this small time guy called Mark Ortega.
Yes, I agree, some of those US mouthpieces just chat egotistical shit and think they know it all, but I tip my hat to Montaya - that is sterling work, more power to him.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #37
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

Thank god we have Detective Shaunster here to save us from reading the General
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #38
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
Thank god we have Detective Shaunster here to save us from reading the General

Do you lot think there's something in this, or do you think it's going to be some bullshit?
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #39
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Whether you like Floyd or not, of this is true, I'm not sure boxing will recover for a very very long time. He is PPV boxing, and he is one of the only fighters around today who will be remembered as a true ATG. If it comes out that he has juiced, after all the shit he spouted at Pacquiao, then we will be in for a troubled time
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #40
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
Whether you like Floyd or not, of this is true, I'm not sure boxing will recover for a very very long time. He is PPV boxing, and he is one of the only fighters around today who will be remembered as a true ATG. If it comes out that he has juiced, after all the shit he spouted at Pacquiao, then we will be in for a troubled time
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I dislike Mayweather and I hate his fans but he is good for the sport. Something like this will have serious repercussions towards boxing as a whole. The Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire etc., cases really damaged the popularity of baseball in America and boxing over there is in a precarious position itself. This could be very damaging.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #41
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
I haven't been following this Montoya Saga. Can anyone provide cliff notes?

well **** y'all too. Gonna go into pactard mode and have fun on the general now.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #42
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
You think there's something in this flea?
It seems the kind of basic diversion a guy like Floyd would come up with.

He has grown into a specimen at welter (I felt he looked bigger than Cotto personally) and always takes a lot of time off between fights (tim to cycle off and adjust to new weight? Maybe) and has used novocaine for his hands before IIRC.

I think the reason he hates Pacqiuao is because he felt he found a gap in the Market. P4P greatness achieved with TRT/HGH whatever....and a guy doing it even better than him
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #43
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

I always said that every top sportsman (not just boxer) is on some sort of shit. I have spent many hours discussing this with athletics stars and from what Ive heard from them then there are a lot of undetectable drugs that are constantly being produced to stay ahead of the testing.

I think its being going on for years and every now and again you get a spate of positive results when the testing authorities catch up. A big name in boxing such as Mayweather would be bad but it wouldn't take people long to forget as they have done many times in the past in just about every sport.

Its a good time for the testing authorities to catch up though cause the Olympics are just around the corner and a few results should scare the living shit out of the PED users. Here's to a few more getting caught!!!
chatty is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #44
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

People pretty much give Holyfield and Roy Jones a 'pass'.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #45
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Shane Mosley doesn't get enough grief either IMO
bam bam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum