Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #46
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 22,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
I haven't been following this Montoya Saga. Can anyone provide cliff notes?
Montoya's been looking into the use of PEDs in boxing a lot and he was the one who broke the news that Peterson and later Berto had failed tests.

He's always maintained that VADA testing is a lot more effective/fool-proof than the USADA testing Floyd uses.

He's been calling Floyd out on using the term 'Olympic style testing' when in fact that type of testing requires athletes to notify the authorities of their whereabouts 365 days a year and be available to be tested at all times. Floyd (and his opponents) only get tested during training camp once the contracts have been signed.

Just this week he broke a story regarding the testing for the Quillin/Winky fight which was to be administered by USADA. However, GBP decided to pull the plug on the testing even though both fighters had given blood and urine sample. Winky's lawyer asked USADA to at least test the samples they already had but were informed that those samples had been destroyed. Bit fishy to say the least.

To sum it up. USADA bad. VADA good. Floyd is a bit of a hypocrite who's close friends with a synthetic testosterone dealer.

Hope that helps
ishy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #47
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,922
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
I haven't been following this Montoya Saga. Can anyone provide cliff notes?
Boxing Journo Gabriel Montoya has been investigating several rumours he heard regarding Mayweather's testing procedures.

Goldenboy then served a cease and desist letter to Montoya asking him to halt his investigations or else face legal action. This letter explicitly mentioned that Montoya was not to pursue or talk about Floyd Mayweather have exemption for failing tests if they were caused by 'inadvertent use' or him already having failed three tests.

Montoya replied saying he was only investigating as a journalist should, and that a full disclosure of the contracts between Mayweather and USADA and his test results would clear up the issue.

Then tonight, Montoya has been tweeting about some developments in the Mayweather - Pacquiao defamation lawsuits. And made a couple of references to training and 'hard work, dedictation'.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #48
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,922
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Montoya's been looking into the use of PEDs in boxing a lot and he was the one who broke the news that Peterson and later Berto had failed tests.

He's always maintained that VADA testing is a lot more effective/fool-proof than the USADA testing Floyd uses.

He's been calling Floyd out on using the term 'Olympic style testing' when in fact that type of testing requires athletes to notify the authorities of their whereabouts 365 days a year and be available to be tested at all times. Floyd (and his opponents) only get tested during training camp once the contracts have been signed.

Just this week he broke a story regarding the testing for the Quillin/Winky fight which was to be administered by USADA. However, GBP decided to pull the plug on the testing even though both fighters had given blood and urine sample. Winky's lawyer asked USADA to at least test the samples they already had but were informed that those samples had been destroyed. Bit fishy to say the least.

To sum it up. USADA bad. VADA good. Floyd is a bit of a hypocrite who's close friends with a synthetic testosterone dealer.

Hope that helps
Yes. This is the other part of the story.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #49
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 22,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Yes, I agree, some of those US mouthpieces just chat egotistical shit and think they know it all, but I tip my hat to Montaya - that is sterling work, more power to him.
Deffo, I'm a fan of Montoya's work. I don't listen to his radio show so I don't know how he comes across on there but there's very few boxing journalists that do the kind of work he's doing these days.
ishy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #50
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,973
vCash: 238
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

What's this about the Mayweather thing? I'm on phone and can't be bothered to read paragraphs.

Bullet points please.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #51
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 666
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
What's this about the Mayweather thing? I'm on phone and can't be bothered to read paragraphs.

Bullet points please.
  • Amir Khan is not involved
  • Sorry
happydrinks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #52
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Cheers Ishy and Shaunster. Obviously could potentially be very bad for boxing. Even those who aren't Floyd fans should see this. Can't let the general forum know how I really feel though


Laz, see few posts above for summary.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #53
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,433
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
  • Amir Khan is not involved
  • Sorry
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #54
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,973
vCash: 238
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
  • Amir Khan is not involved
  • Sorry
I know more about it than yourself, bitch boyy!
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #55
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 666
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I know more about it than yourself, bitch boyy!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
happydrinks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #56
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 22,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
  • Amir Khan is not involved
  • Sorry
ishy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #57
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,973
vCash: 238
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Cheers Ishy and Shaunster. Obviously could potentially be very bad for boxing. Even those who aren't Floyd fans should see this. Can't let the general forum know how I really feel though


Laz, see few posts above for summary.
I cant check out paragraphs. phone doesn't let me go right for some reason.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #58
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,922
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I cant check out paragraphs. phone doesn't let me go right for some reason.
w
h
a
t

i
f

i

w
r
i
t
e

i
t

l
i
k
e

t
h
i
s
?
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #59
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 1419
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Most guys who test positive just blame negligence, that they used a substance that contained something illegal that they didn't know about. Its the most used excuse for PED users especially as there is no way to prove against this unless someone rats on them or catches them in the act. Its also less damaging than just owning up. Thats one of the reasons I give Dwain Chambers his props for being straight as he could have used the same sorry excuse everyone else does but he did it the right way and was yet punished more harshly than a lot of others.

As said look at guys like Toney, Jones Jnr, Mosley, Vargas, Botha and actually getting caught or admitting to it has not had major effects on their careers or rep. Even in MMA guys like Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Tim Sylvia, Chris Leben, Alexandre noguira, Allister Overeem etc have all failed drug tests and not really had the stigma of a drugs cheat thrust upon them long term.

One of the most worrying problems in boxing is that not as many get caught in comparison to other sports imo.
chatty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #60
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,973
vCash: 238
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

th1$ w0[_]u1d b3 b3ttr.

Lol, hurry up.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013