Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #61
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

Most guys who test positive just blame negligence, that they used a substance that contained something illegal that they didn't know about. Its the most used excuse for PED users especially as there is no way to prove against this unless someone rats on them or catches them in the act. Its also less damaging than just owning up. Thats one of the reasons I give Dwain Chambers his props for being straight as he could have used the same sorry excuse everyone else does but he did it the right way and was yet punished more harshly than a lot of others.

As said look at guys like Toney, Jones Jnr, Mosley, Vargas, Botha and actually getting caught or admitting to it has not had major effects on their careers or rep. Even in MMA guys like Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Tim Sylvia, Chris Leben, Alexandre noguira, Allister Overeem etc have all failed drug tests and not really had the stigma of a drugs cheat thrust upon them long term.

One of the most worrying problems in boxing is that not as many get caught in comparison to other sports imo.
chatty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #62
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666
Default Re: Goldenboy issues cease and desist to journo investigating Floyd drug tests. PICS

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #63
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #64
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

Just realised he can't scroll right to read it all. What a failure. Sorry everyone, I've let you all down but most importantly I've let Lazarus down.

sadface
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #65
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Lol dicks.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #66
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

1m Gabriel Montoya™ Gabriel Montoya™ ‏@Gabriel_Montoya

Subpoenas for those documents will be dropped either late today or tomorrow . #boxing
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

2m Gabriel Montoya™ Gabriel Montoya™ ‏@Gabriel_Montoya

By counter-suing, Floyd has opened up his medical records/USADA contracts/test results to discovery. #boxing
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

3m Gabriel Montoya™ Gabriel Montoya™ ‏@Gabriel_Montoya

1 of a few tweets: I was told that Mayweather has countered-sued Pacquiao for defamation re: Alleged PED use . #boxing
Expand

Retweet
Favorite
Jack is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #67
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Gabriel Montoya™ ‏@Gabriel_Montoya
1 of a few tweets: I was told that Mayweather has countered-sued Pacquiao for defamation re: Alleged PED use.

By counter-suing, Floyd has opened up his medical records/USADA contracts/test results to discovery.

By counter-suing, Floyd has opened up his medical records/USADA contracts/test results to discovery.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #68
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

beat me to it jack.

I don't think this is quite what I was expecting. Can't see why Mayweather do this unless he knew everything was completely squeaky clean.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #69
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

things just got a little more complicated.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #70
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

guys... this is just attempt from montoya to obtain more twitter followers

either that or mayweathers been on thos 'power pellets'
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 03:43 AM   #71
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
beat me to it jack.

I don't think this is quite what I was expecting. Can't see why Mayweather do this unless he knew everything was completely squeaky clean.
As we've seen, Floyd isn't the brightest, and GBP seem to be litigation-happy, regardless of what it might do to them.

Remember how they tried to take Pacquiao away from Top Rank?

They do clownshoes things like that all the time. Floyd is too arrogant outside the ring to know when to shut up.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 04:06 AM   #72
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

I don't even understand on what grounds Floyd can counter sue Pacquiao, except for Manny accusing him of defamation. And even then, why would this mean he had to disclose all contracts and drug testing results?

I don't get it.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:15 AM   #73
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
I don't even understand on what grounds Floyd can counter sue Pacquiao, except for Manny accusing him of defamation. And even then, why would this mean he had to disclose all contracts and drug testing results?

I don't get it.
I might be wrong, but generally you need to prove a) the other person has been saying things and b) that those things can be proved false.

And you need to give the other side the same evidence. It's all a bit of a disaster. If only they'd just fought each other.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #74
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I might be wrong, but generally you need to prove a) the other person has been saying things and b) that those things can be proved false.

And you need to give the other side the same evidence. It's all a bit of a disaster. If only they'd just fought each other.
Ok, I see.

The thing is, I don't think they're not fighting because of all these accusations and court cases - I think all these accusations and court cases are because they don't want to fight each other. Arum would never risk his cash cow until he's ready to be put out to pasture and Floyd's whole 'business model' is based around being an undefeated fighter.

All they do is go back and fourth in a PR and legal battle and make the fight impossible, bringing the rest of the sport even further into disrepute in the process.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #75
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hard Work Pedication Baby
mishima is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum