boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #61
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: So the BIG news is Floyd has apparently counter-sued Manny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
the old timer atgs must be rolling in their graves. In this era of boxing, we get to see boxers fight it out in courtrooms behind their lawyers instead of duking it out in the ring. thanks emmanuel for opening up this one big ugly door of lawsuits in boxing
Remind me again what Joe Frazier did to Ali when he talked smack to him...calling him an "Uncle Tom," and so on ?
Caelum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #62
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
Remind me again what Joe Frazier did to Ali when he talked smack to him...calling him an "Uncle Tom," and so on ?
Did he file a lawsuit? The courtroom clearly wasn't the only place they ended up fighting though.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #63
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Did he file a lawsuit? The courtroom clearly wasn't the only place they ended up fighting though.
NO. He kicked his ass.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Calling someone like Joe Frazier an "Uncle Tom" during those times was some series ****.
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #64
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
the old timer atgs must be rolling in their graves. In this era of boxing, we get to see boxers fight it out in courtrooms behind their lawyers instead of duking it out in the ring. thanks emmanuel for opening up this one big ugly door of lawsuits in boxing
Exactly. smh
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #65
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
While I agree that fighting it out in the ring should be the way forward, you must appreciate that Floyd (Floyd Sr. mainly) has a big part to play in this. Prior to these events, I don't recall it being common place to slander your potential opponents with PED allegations when you feel threatened by them. That is just as bad as resorting to the legal route rather than sorting it out in the ring.

At least it could be said that Manny doesn't want Floyd to earn a cent off his allegations, hence the lawsuit, rather than a big $$ fight. Manny can make enough to be set for life without Mayweather (and visa-versa), so I can understand some logic behind it.

...but ultimately it is all bull****. They should both stop acting like idiots and fight.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #66
vonBanditos
Mσderator
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3818

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
Mayweather can counter sue, saying that Pacquiao is in fact defaming his character by insinuating that he ever directly implied Pacquiao is using steroids before the time of filing the lawsuit.
I'm not following this. Can you explain it? If I'm reading what you wrote correctly, you're saying that the lawsuit itself is defamatory and I'm pretty sure a lawsuit is not grounds for defamation. He'd have to go for abuse of process or malicious prosecution, but neither of those would apply at this stage.
vonBanditos is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #67
StreetsofRAGE
Ballin
ESB Addict

vCash: 446

Manny started this bull****... just remember that.
StreetsofRAGE is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #68
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMattMatt View Post
While I agree that fighting it out in the ring should be the way forward, you must appreciate that Floyd (Floyd Sr. mainly) has a big part to play in this. Prior to these events, I don't recall it being common place to slander your potential opponents with PED allegations when you feel threatened by them. That is just as bad as resorting to the legal route rather than sorting it out in the ring.

At least it could be said that Manny doesn't want Floyd to earn a cent off his allegations, hence the lawsuit, rather than a big $$ fight. Manny can make enough to be set for life without Mayweather (and visa-versa), so I can understand some logic behind it.

...but ultimately it is all bull****. They should both stop acting like idiots and fight.
fair point. the best time for Floyd to have done his new testing procedures was immediately after he came out of retirement.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #69
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMattMatt View Post

I understand why he would sue: You don't go around accusing someone of PEDs when you have no factual evidence to back up your claim. Your reputation is always on the line and rumors and allegations spread like wild-fire.

But there are other ways "Fighters" can take care of business. In the case with Pac, he could have taken the tests, proved his innocence, all while showing us he can kick Floyd's ass at his own game.

He could have even started it all in a badaass manner by pulling out his ****, and taking a **** on Floyd as his first urine sample and then handing Floyd a tampon and ask him for his first blood sample.
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #70
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Yeah Montoya seems quite the fame hungry fool. As if anyone would bring about a lawsuit unless they knew they were squeaky clean.

How does the concept of counter-suing work? What would Floyd's ground be for suing Manny?
Oscar Wilde ?
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #71
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

Yes Leon.

Disgraceful.

Now, who first brought up the PEDs issue ?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #72
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
wow wow wow . . .

I was just reporting on the cease and desist and the updates from this journalist. Then the *****s and pac****s went all 2010 in here.

I mean, I may have stirred the pot a little once they was going at it . . .
Lol I feel you friend...no big deal.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #73
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetsofRAGE View Post
Manny started this bull****... just remember that.

The ONLY thing that's patently clear here and beyond dispute, is that Floyd and his relatives were the first to bring up the PEDs issue.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #74
Iron Fist Joe

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain View Post

The ONLY thing that's patently clear here and beyond dispute, is that Floyd and his relatives were the first to bring up the PEDs issue.
Was it Floyd? Wasn't it Judah/Malignaggi first suggested it?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #75
boxing_RN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist Joe View Post
Was it Floyd? Wasn't it Judah/Malignaggi first suggested it?
No, it was Floyd Sr.
boxing_RN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum