Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Lara talks PW,Canelo,JK

Question;By now you have heard of the tragic accident of Paul Williams. Your thoughts?

Lara: I am very saddened by this news. Me and my family have been praying for Paul and his family and I only hope for the best on his recovery. I know he is a warrior and there's no obstacle that Paul can't overcome. My prayers will go on and my whole family send hugs and kisses to the Williams family.
Question;Canelo is likely going to face Kirkland on September 15.*Where*you*pushing for*that fight?

Lara: Of course. That's the fight I want. As matter I was told that I was going to be fighting Williams and Canelo was orginally going to fight Kirkland but then when Kirkland wasn't going to*be ready they gave the fight to Williams who is true champion.
Question;Did*Golden Boy contact you about the fight?

Lara: No. They have not contacted my management team about the fight. Now I'm completley confused why I'm not being offered the fight. I'm a Golden boy fighter too and the number one*contender and he's the champ. I know the fans, the media, and the networks want to see the best fight the best. Why isn't that happening?**
Question;Why do you believe the fight isn't happening?

Lara: I don't know. I'm completely shocked and confused why my promoter has not even approached us about making the fight. I'm the number one*contender for the WBC and ranked in the top 10 in all the*sanctioning bodies and considered by many as*the most deserving! I'm willing, available and ready to fight Canelo Alvarez on Sept 15. I'm waiting for our phone to*ring. I'll keep you all posted.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Lara talks PW,Canelo,JK

Someone deleting my posts.Nothing illegal here.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Lara would school Alvarez that's why it ain't happening!!!! They're gonna fight an easy fight in Kirkland and avaoid Lara/Cotto/Trout the only guys that stand a chance.....
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
Someone deleting my posts.Nothing illegal here.
I know it's off topic, but you heard anymore about Gamboa? I hate to seem him side tracked.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I know it's off topic, but you heard anymore about Gamboa? I hate to seem him side tracked.
The rumor I heard its that Floyd rejected an offer of 1.2 million to buy him from Oner, so he'll be back with the Turk.
But I can't tell you if it's true or just a gossip.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #6
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
The rumor I heard its that Floyd rejected an offer of 1.2 million to buy him from Oner, so he'll be back with the Turk.
But I can't tell you if it's true or just a gossip.
I'm not a big fan of Mayweather but no one can be worse than Oner so I guess I have mixed emotions on that one. Whatever gets him back in the ring I guess.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:05 AM   #7
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMike View Post
Boxing is so ****ed up, and Molina should be considered for this fight as well.
its PPV nobody knows there name boxing is a business
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #8
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I'm not a big fan of Mayweather but no one can be worse than Oner so I guess I have mixed emotions on that one. Whatever gets him back in the ring I guess.

Mayweather would get him some great exposure....look at what he's done for Vargas who ain't shit. This Gamboa situation is killin me, my fave dude to watch by far right now.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:21 AM   #9
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
its PPV nobody knows there name boxing is a business

but why would they know Kirklands name? if anything to casuals Kirkland is the guy that KO'd in one round by that japanese guy. And if they actually do know Kirkland they know that Molina just beat his ass.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #10
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
but why would they know Kirklands name? if anything to casuals Kirkland is the guy that KO'd in one round by that japanese guy. And if they actually do know Kirkland they know that Molina just beat his ass.
Kirkalnds real marketable he like baby Tyson to the casual fan. You can show some clips and people will be hooked. Nobody Knows who the hell Molina is even if you show highlights people will not be excited about the fight
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #11
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Lara poses way too much risk for Canelo, but still he is the guy that deserves a shot now that Williams is out. But if they are looking for that big payday, with less risk than Lara. I would say fight Cotto. I say less reward because He's coming off a loss that might of hurt him a little mentaly if not physicaly. They can hype the Mex vs PR aspect of the fight not to mention the revenge factor, being that Canelo beat Cotto's brother.

I really wouldn't have a problem with Canelo fighting Kirkland, Molina, K9, Vanes, or winner of Trout vs Rodriguez. Although they are beatable they still will give the protected champ a good fight.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:55 AM   #12
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Why do people keep mentioning Molina the guy dives in for a clinch without even throwin a punch, he's a decent fighter but who wants to pay money to see a guy mess up a fight
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:57 AM   #13
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
Kirkalnds real marketable he like baby Tyson to the casual fan. You can show some clips and people will be hooked. Nobody Knows who the hell Molina is even if you show highlights people will not be excited about the fight
Very true, nor not mention many mexicans still remember Kirkland for the Angulo fight, el Perro was pretty popular and mexicans would love to see Kirkland getting battered by a mexican this time.

Molina on the other hand is a non entity, not even mexicans know who he is, he has no fans, none. I think even the cubans have a bigger fanbase than Molina, and that's saying something.
locard is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #14
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

Quote:
Question;By now you have heard of the tragic accident of Paul Williams. Your thoughts?

Lara: I am very saddened by this news. Me and my family have been praying for Paul and his family and I only hope for the best on his recovery. I know he is a warrior and there's no obstacle that Paul can't overcome. My prayers will go on and my whole family send hugs and kisses to the Williams family.
Question;Canelo is likely going to face Kirkland on September 15.*Where*you*pushing for*that fight?

Lara: Of course. That's the fight I want. As matter I was told that I was going to be fighting Williams and Canelo was orginally going to fight Kirkland but then when Kirkland wasn't going to*be ready they gave the fight to Williams who is true champion.
Question;Did*Golden Boy contact you about the fight?

Lara: No. They have not contacted my management team about the fight. Now I'm completley confused why I'm not being offered the fight. I'm a Golden boy fighter too and the number one*contender and he's the champ. I know the fans, the media, and the networks want to see the best fight the best. Why isn't that happening?**
Question;Why do you believe the fight isn't happening?

Lara: I don't know. I'm completely shocked and confused why my promoter has not even approached us about making the fight. I'm the number one*contender for the WBC and ranked in the top 10 in all the*sanctioning bodies and considered by many as*the most deserving! I'm willing, available and ready to fight Canelo Alvarez on Sept 15. I'm waiting for our phone to*ring. I'll keep you all posted.
Lara - Canelo is the fight to make. Shame they are avoiding him.
Mamerto is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Would've loved if this was the next fight option after the Williams tragedy.
thawk888 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum