Bladegunner is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #47
servo
England.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: SHOCK! Froch might have had something behind those gloves

I hate it when accusations such as these are thrown around in our Sport. It wasn't an anomaly; Froch fought on the front foot and tried to pressure like he always does. He caught Bute flush on a number of occasions and with big shots. If he catches anyone in the SMW division like that, they go down - the trick is to prevent that la Ward.

Sour grapes. The concerning factor is; allegations like this are somewhat believable to some people. Just because Bute has never been beaten and was absolutely annihilated Saturday night and Froch gave a career defining performance - doesn't mean it wasn't valid.
servo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #48
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo View Post
I think they meant the post-fight interviews, ringside, mate.

Who would turn up to the post-fight presser in gloves
That's what I thought but the OP stated pres conf.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #49
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian Bute View Post
So if the IBF is so lax that gloves can be tampered with willy-nilly, Interbox have had the chance to tamper with Bute's gloves too, right?

So, SHOCK! Bute might have had something behind his gloves in the Andrade rematch, right?

Very disappointed with Larouche... can't believe it, really... pathetic beyond belief!...

Also, the way he's trying to pretend it was a perfect preparation... taking no responsibility at all, as a team, for what went wrong, is mind-boggling. So an entire sleepless night before the weigh-in is perfect planning and preparation, right?

Guys, the moment you hear Bute himself come up with such pathetic excuses and accusations, feel free to pm me and I will never be a Bute fan again.
Indeed

I like bute as a man but it seems that his preparation is not so perfect right down to the fact that I reckon he could be doing himself an injustice boiling down to SM. being as over weight as he was a week out from weigh in is never good, especially the more you do it and the older you get..

Larouche is proving to be a snake in the grass.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #50
bazza12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasarica View Post
That chin was fine 30 fights before till Tyson Froch came. But Froch is no Tyson, is just Froch remember? That guy who was not even close to ko nobody till now. That guy who had no chance against Ward and the one who won by SD with old Johnson.
Styles make fights, I'm going to break it down for you as follows, please pay attention.

Froch did not knock out Dirrell and/or Ward because they are difficult to hit cleanly.

Froch did not knock out Pascal, Kessler, Abraham or Johnson because they have very good chins.

Froch knocked out Jermain Taylor because Taylor got exhausted late in the fight and Froch piled it on ala Bute-Andrade if you will.

Froch knocked out Lucian Bute because Bute moved backwards in straight lines, stood square up against the ropes and let Froch wail away at him.

If it helps you mentally to say that Froch stopped Bute because he had something in his gloves than quietly believe that to yourself. But in the interests of your credibility as a person and a boxing fan, don't come on here acting as if you know something sinister everyone else doesn't.

Pathetic and below the belt.
bazza12 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #51
Lucian Bute
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
Indeed

I like bute as a man but it seems that his preparation is not so perfect right down to the fact that I reckon he could be doing himself an injustice boiling down to SM. being as over weight as he was a week out from weigh in is never good, especially the more you do it and the older you get..

Larouche is proving to be a snake in the grass.
Interbox is far from being a perfect organisation.

Just to give you an example on a human level. The Interbox team still attended a post-fight party after Bute had been T/KOed and beaten in categorical fashion. Bute himself couldn't believe it either when he saw them partying as if he had won! He was by all accounts very disappointed and even a bit angry.

I haven't heard Bute come up with any excuses himself. In fact, I heard him say he had NO excuses. I heard him say he gave Froch FULL credit for the win. I heard him say that Froch won because he was the BETTER fighter in that fight.

It's hugely disappointing that his team, who are supposed to represent him in the best possible way, are letting him down in such a shocking way.

And Larouche of all people! Can't believe it!
Lucian Bute is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #52
Old Greg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

This talk is harmful for boxing.

There is not a single bit of evidence to say Froch did wrong!

Maybe this is the rematch hype getting underway.
Old Greg is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #53
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Some poor ass photoshop
like this one better?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #54
pasarica
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza12 View Post
S

If it helps you mentally to say that Froch stopped Bute because he had something in his gloves than quietly believe that to yourself. But in the interests of your credibility as a person and a boxing fan, don't come on here acting as if you know something sinister everyone else doesn't.

Pathetic and below the belt.

His trainer said it before me. I've just quoted his words. So, why Froch did not remove his gloves in the ring like he always does ? This is the question with no answer.
pasarica is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #55
Lucian Bute
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
This talk is harmful for boxing.

There is not a single bit of evidence to say Froch did wrong!

Maybe this is the rematch hype getting underway.
No. It's irresponsible of Larouche to hint at such alleged wrong-doing now, even if he secretly worries it might have happened. The proper way to do it is to contact the IBF and tell them about his concerns. And leave it at that. And make sure that the IBF are more careful at the rematch.

He is letting Bute down badly.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #56
Darxide
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
That chin was fine 30 fights before till Tyson Froch came. But Froch is no Tyson, is just Froch remember? That guy who was not even close to ko nobody till now. That guy who had no chance against Ward and the one who won by SD with old Johnson.
Are we talking about the Carl Froch (29 wins, 21 coming by way of knockout)?
Darxide is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #57
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

Just to give you an example on a human level. The Interbox team still attended a post-fight party after Bute had been T/KOed and beaten in categorical fashion. Bute himself couldn't believe it either when he saw them partying as if he had won! He was by all accounts very disappointed and even a bit angry.

I haven't heard Bute come up with any excuses himself. In fact, I heard him say he had NO excuses. I heard him say he gave Froch FULL credit for the win. I heard him say that Froch won because he was the BETTER fighter in that fight.

It's hugely disappointing that his team, who are supposed to represent him in the best possible way, are letting him down in such a shocking way.

anyone with a brain will know this isnt Bute's take on it. maybe his team thinks they have to justify these things for what they may have said before the fight. Bute is a straight up guy, i dont believe for a second he feels anything other than he lost to a better man that night and will be back.
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #58
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
His trainer said it before me. I've just quoted his words. So, why Froch did not remove his gloves in the ring like he always does ? This is the question with no answer.
i think you are a dummy
a big dummy
that is all
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #59
Lucian Bute
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
What would removing his gloves have proved? The accusation is that the gloves were tampered with (e.g. some of the padding was removed), not that Froch had loaded gloves. How would removing his gloves have shown that the gloves were tampered with?

It doesn't make sense to make this accusation.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #60
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Yes until i hear it from bute he has my complete respect.. But larouche is proving to be a different matter.. Do he and interbox care for bute like they constantly bang on about..
dendy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum