Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #31
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: Bute's trainer suspicious of Froch's gloves on Saturday night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo5 View Post
Why leave yourself open to accusations, when it can all have been avoided by doing the check pre-fight.... This is Bullshit.

McCracken and Butes trainer are both to blame. Bute's trainer more, because he is making the insinuations now.

And just for the record, it is slightly suspicious when a fighter usually always takes his gloves off, but then doesn't one time he KOs someone. It might just be the nature of the result because its a KO, he knows he doesn't have to wait for the judges anouncement and can celebrate regardless because he's won by clear KO victory. Whatever his reasons for not taking the gloves off, I'm of firm beleif if you have your fighters best interest at heart as Trainer you should do all the approrpiate checks before hand.... fighters careers and LIVES are at stake here... the same goes for VADA type drug testing being necessary - although i can see why some wont go ahead due to costs involved - gloves/wrap checking is essential and FREE. The sport needs to be cleaned up
He doesn't generally take them off (see below).......you have no idea who did or who did not view the hand wraps and gloving up process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKov View Post
Larouche is a pathetic dwarf.

Abraham

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Adamu

Magee

Taylor

icemax is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
He doesn't generally take them off (see below).......you have no idea who did or who did not view the hand wraps and gloving up process.
Look, I think Froch is a clean fighter. But I'm just saying - That's a good selection of pics. But I'm sure you'll find others from more recent fights where the gloves are off.

I really do think it's pathetic to be doing this BTW. All doubts should have been removed by the trainers before the fight - not after. Does Butes trainer actually care for his health, likewise McCracken.

Do the checks before so bullshit like this can be avoided after the fight. There are lessons to be learnt from Cotto and his experience with Margarito. He was fortunate to have avenged that defeat, he may have been completely destroyed. Fighters lives are at stake, so people should do some simple checks beforehand rather than complaining afterwards
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #33
domjon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Look, I think Froch is a clean fighter. But I'm just saying - That's a good selection of pics. But I'm sure you'll find others from more recent fights where the gloves are off.
shut up you daft cunt.
domjon is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #34
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

Quote:
Originally Posted by domjon View Post
shut up you daft cunt.
alt? prick
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #35
Briggs
Journeyman

Quote:
But I'm sure you'll find others from more recent fights where the gloves are off.
So he sometimes keeps his gloves on for the interviews, sometimes takes them off. This time he decided to keep them on. Not really a basis for allegations of cheating, is it?

I guess he has more time to take them off when he's waiting for the judges' scorecards, too.
Briggs is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #36
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:

I really do think it's pathetic to be doing this BTW. All doubts should have been removed by the trainers before the fight - not after. Does Butes trainer actually care for his health, likewise McCracken.

Do the checks before so bullshit like this can be avoided after the fight. There are lessons to be learnt from Cotto and his experience with Margarito. He was fortunate to have avenged that defeat, he may have been completely destroyed. Fighters lives are at stake, so people should do some simple checks beforehand rather than complaining afterwards
The fact that Froch damaged his right hand during the fight might explain why he didn't want the gloves ragged off in the ring. Like I said, I'm certain that checks by the local commission, in this case the BBBofC, are always carried out. Just because Butes trainer doesn't appear to give a damn about his fighter doesn't mean that others don't have his welbeing in mind.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #37
Lucian Bute
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

What Bute said today:

Lucian Bute is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #38
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Hang on - it's through Google Translator. It might not be so bad... he could have been answering a question.
Yeah I'd like to see this in context before having a go at someone who seemed decent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan91 View Post
Larouche was an absolute class act in the post-fight interview so this is surprising & quite disappointing to hear from him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
Wrong! Bute is on PEDs. That's what made his was so hard. Once Froch hit it, it was like hitting a wall, hence the injury. Unfortunately for Lucy, his granite head and chin were chiseled away by Froch's unpadded gloves, and the glass was exposed and shattered in the 5th.

Something like that.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #39
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
im glad you have the know how to upload pics like that old man.

its absolute crap what everyone is talking,its like half of them have never seen a boxer leave his gloves on ffs
widdy is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #40
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian Bute View Post
What Bute said today:

Translation:

"Every sportsman has to admit their defeats. A real champion has to know how to lose too. I have a lot to learn from this defeat. It's not the end of the world; I'd like to think that it's not the end of my career. I need peace and quiet, to relax; psychologically it was hard. I need time to recover.

On Saturday night, Carl Froch was better than me. I haven't had the strength to watch tape of the fight again, to analyse what happened. I don't want to do it right now. I want to stay away from boxing for now; talking too much about the fight doesn't help me, right now. I've suffered enough during the fight.

In any area of life, there should be fair-play. Boxing is a sport that teaches you how to act and that you should be as fair as possible. Some people hype up the fight as much as possible, to raise the level of interest in the fight. But outside the ring, we're people; it's just a sports competition. The better fighter has to win in the ring.

A real athlete has to have class, to be able to congratulate his opponent, when he loses. I was favourite to win the fight; most people thought I was going to win fairly easily. I believed that too, but you've seen what happened. It was a very clear victory by Froch! Out of five rounds, I only boxed in one. I was totally dominated. After the first round, I was confident. I told my trainer that Carl was slow and cannot hurt me. But things changed in the second round.

I simply froze. I can't understand how I could have decided to go against the ropes. I've lost control as everyone could see. Then, after every round, I was telling myself I could get back into the fight; I hoped I could! He caught me even though he was slow. I could see what he was doing, but still couldn't react or do something.

I studied Carl Froch a lot; I knew what shots he would throw and how he would fight. Unfortunately, I couldn't implement my gameplan. I've caught him once, as he himself has admitted, and I hoped I could get back into it and that it would be alright. I can't explain what happened.

What really hurts is not that I lost but how badly I lost. It wasn't a points loss and I cannot accept I got beaten so badly. It's not about losing the belt; the way I won it from a champion, I can win it again. My career isn't over yet; I have had to get over hurdles in my career in the past and I managed it.

When I return to Montreal, I'll analyse the fight with my trainer. We will see what happened during the fight. Maybe we won't be able to find an explanation. Maybe Carl just had a very good night and I've had my feet tied together (tied up).

I've heard some people claim that the fight was thrown. What arrangement could there have been between Carl and me? Would I have allowed myself to be hit so many times? If there had been an arrangement, I could have gone down in the first round. I prepared myself to win, not to lose. I am hurt by these nasty insinuations, that's why I won't watch TV. I am sorry that the people who criticise me of such things would do so without knowing me at all; they've never even spoken once with Lucian Bute - the man."
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #41
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

Quote:
I told my trainer that Carl was slow and cannot hurt me
****ing hell that came back to haunt him.
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #42
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Bute has made me a fan. He is such a class act.

but the
Quote:
On Saturday night, Carl Froch was better than me. I haven't had the strength to watch tape of the fight again, to analyse what happened. I don't want to do it right now. I want to stay away from boxing for now; talking too much about the fight doesn't help me, right now. I've suffered enough during the fight.
quote sounds as if a rematch is the last thing on his mind. In fact, there he sounds almost mentally destroyed.
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #43
widdy
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post

Translation:

"Every sportsman has to admit their defeats. A real champion has to know how to lose too. I have a lot to learn from this defeat. It's not the end of the world; I'd like to think that it's not the end of my career. I need peace and quiet, to relax; psychologically it was hard. I need time to recover.

In any area of life, there should be fair-play. Boxing is a sport that teaches you how to act and that you should be as fair as possible. Some people hype up the fight as much as possible, to raise the level of interest in the fight. But outside the ring, we're people; it's just a sports competition. The better fighter has to win in the ring.

A real athlete has to have class, to be able to congratulate his opponent, when he loses. I was favourite to win the fight; most people thought I was going to win fairly easily. I believed that too, but you've seen what happened. It was a very clear victory by Froch! Out of five rounds, I only boxed in one. I was totally dominated. After the first round, I was confident. I told my trainer that Carl was slow and cannot hurt me. But things changed in the second round.

I simply froze. I can't understand how I could have decided to go against the ropes. I've lost control as everyone could see. Then, after every round, I was telling myself I could get back into the fight; I hoped I could! He caught me even though he was slow. I could see what he was doing, but still couldn't react or do something.

I studied Carl Froch a lot; I knew what shots he would throw and how he would fight. Unfortunately, I couldn't implement my gameplan. I've caught him once, as he himself has admitted, and I hoped I could get back into it and that it would be alright. I can't explain what happened.

What really hurts is not that I lost but how badly I lost. It wasn't a points loss and I cannot accept I got beaten so badly. It's not about losing the belt; the way I won it from a champion, I can win it again. My career isn't over yet; I have had to get over hurdles in my career in the past and I managed it.

When I return to Montreal, I'll analyse the fight with my trainer. We will see what happened during the fight. Maybe we won't be able to find an explanation. Maybe Carl just had a very good night and I've had my feet tied together (tied up).

I've heard some people claim that the fight was thrown. What arrangement could there have been between Carl and me? Would I have allowed myself to be hit so many times? If there had been an arrangement, I could have gone down in the first round. I prepared myself to win, not to lose. I am hurt by these nasty insinuations, that's why I won't watch TV. I am sorry that the people who criticise me of such things would do so without knowing me at all; they've never even spoken once with Lucian Bute - the man."
superb, i hope this concludes this stupid thread
widdy is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #44
widdy
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
****ing hell that came back to haunt him.
aye,didnt it just
widdy is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #45
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

Bute could always start a new career as a weatherman

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqs1YXfdtGE[/ame]
happydrinks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum