Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #46
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bute's trainer suspicious of Froch's gloves on Saturday night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
Bute has made me a fan. He is such a class act.

but the quote sounds as if a rematch is the last thing on his mind. In fact, there he sounds almost mentally destroyed.
It sounds like he needs to recover. I never believe fighters who say "I'm fine" after getting battered.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #47
raymann
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo5 View Post
Look, I think Froch is a clean fighter. But I'm just saying - That's a good selection of pics. But I'm sure you'll find others from more recent fights where the gloves are off.

I really do think it's pathetic to be doing this BTW. All doubts should have been removed by the trainers before the fight - not after. Does Butes trainer actually care for his health, likewise McCracken.

Do the checks before so bullshit like this can be avoided after the fight. There are lessons to be learnt from Cotto and his experience with Margarito. He was fortunate to have avenged that defeat, he may have been completely destroyed. Fighters lives are at stake, so people should do some simple checks beforehand rather than complaining afterwards
what the **** are you on about? there is clearly no pattern of behavior that would mean not taking his gloves of is in any way strange. it clearly varies from fight to fight. that point is dead and buried. if you dont see that your a ****ing moron.

next point, dont pretend that you know what happened regarding the gloves. theres is a standard procedure with every fight that is part of the formal process of preparing and finishing the fight. this was followed as normal. wheres your info that this was not the case?

this is clearly a disgraceful attempt to try and take away some of the shame in the manner of victory. look at the dribbling twats that are pushing this in the general. your one of them.
raymann is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #48
Lucian Bute
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Bute (ctd.):

"Everything happens for a reason, God's will was done. I had to lose one day. Almost all great champions have lost at least once during their careers. I was dreaming of retiring undefeated at 35, but that's life. I lost and it's not the end of the world. I have potential and I believe I can come back. Not for one second have I considered retiring. I'm still young; I am still able.

There's a rematch clause in the contract, and I am awaiting that rematch. Maybe I will lose again, I don't know, but I want to fight Carl Froch again! I want a rematch for my own peace of mind, even if there isn't a title on the line.

You see me trying to smile and to put a brave face on it but what happened on Saturday night still hurts. I'm very sad and deep inside, I know I am troubled. I haven't been able to sleep very well, but that doesn't matter. I have had many sleepless nights in my life.

I had all the time in the world to move in the ring because Carl was slow, but I cannot understand why I didn't get out of the way of his punches. If I had wanted to I could have got on my bike all fight. Yeah, I would have lost on points, but I wouldn't have been beaten like that. The media makes a lot of noise but after two days they lose interest. It was only my decision to continue fighting; I have asked to be allowed to continue, I was hoping to find a solution. When the fifth round started, my mind was clear, even though in the fourth I had been hit hard and my knees were buckling.

If I had won in five rounds, people would have said: Froch was finished, he was old, he had been damaged by the S6, he was washed up, he fought the top fighters whereas I, I have taken two years off."
Lucian Bute is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #49
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
It sounds like he needs to recover. I never believe fighters who say "I'm fine" after getting battered.
Yup, he needs a long holiday. He was absolutely battered on Saturday, and the last thing he should be doing is looking to train/fight in the near future. He needs to recover both mentally and physically
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #50
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Bute has been very classy and humble in defeat, it's refreshing to see.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #51
Lucian Bute
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Lads, just wanted to let you know what Bute himself has been saying about the fight.

I am sure we will continue hearing and reading a lot of crap, a lot of excuses, a lot of low accusations and a lot of stupid rumours, but you've heard from the horse's mouth what Bute himself had to say earlier today.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #52
Lucian Bute
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Bute: (ctd.)

"People have tried to blame all sorts of things for my defeat. They've blamed my trainer [Larouche], they've blamed the strategy, they've blamed all sorts of other things and made all sorts of excuses. No! I alone was to blame for what happened in the ring."

Bute (today) on the Fanatik Show

(last thing from me today! Phew!)
Old 05-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #53
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
Bute has made me a fan. He is such a class act.

but the quote sounds as if a rematch is the last thing on his mind. In fact, there he sounds almost mentally destroyed.
It doesn't sound good for the bloke does it? Its the first time that I've really "heard" what he has to say and he really does come over as a class act. I would be very surprised though to see him in the ring with Froch again, thats horrific flashback material right there.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #54
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian Bute View Post
Bute: (ctd.)

"People have tried to blame all sorts of things for my defeat. They've blamed my trainer [Larouche], they've blamed the strategy, they've blamed all sorts of other things and made all sorts of excuses. No! I alone was to blame for what happened in the ring."

Bute (today) on the Fanatik Show

(last thing from me today! Phew!)

Thanks for that
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #55
RickieLambert
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian Bute View Post
Lads, just wanted to let you know what Bute himself has been saying about the fight.

I am sure we will continue hearing and reading a lot of crap, a lot of excuses, a lot of low accusations and a lot of stupid rumours, but you've heard from the horse's mouth what Bute himself had to say earlier today.
Bute has some of the best fans in boxing, cant think of many other boxers fans who would be so gracious in defeat!
RickieLambert is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #56
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

glad ive read all that,makes you like the bloke more now,no excuse the best man won ect ect ,mr khan could learn a thing or 2 about that
widdy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum