Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
ThereIsOnlyOne
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100
Default Mayweather V Ortiz a recap

Just re-watched the fight this morning, frustrating to watch the way it ended again. Both Floyd and Ortiz acting like a pair of tits at the end of that round.
I still think it was shaping up to be an excellent fight. Floyd winning but definately not comfortable. Ortiz fighting rough house and troubling Floyd a little bit. Then Ortiz showing his naievity and allowing himself to get frustrated and headbutt Mayweather ffs . Then giving him a kiss and three hugs after i mean wtf. Then Mayweather arguably showing a lack of class (although given he'd just been headbutted obviously quite angry) and knocking out an opponent who wasn't even looking.
Since the fight i've seen people saying they knew Ortiz wasn't on his level and it was a cherry pick etc and I disagree.
Ortiz is brilliant, potentially world class if not mentally flawed and maybe got the fight too early. Still gutted I didn't get to see this fight go all the way as it was shaping up to be a good one. 4 exciting rounds especially for a Floyd fight.
I do think Floyd would probably have won UD but I think it would have been one of his hardest fights.
Looking forward to following Ortiz (he would have beat Berto more convincly this time imo if not for the naughty test) and maybe they will fight again.
ThereIsOnlyOne is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather V Ortiz a recap

I don't think Floyd ever thought he would end up knocking Victor out with those cheap shots. It wasn't his intention.

He just spotted an opportunity to score a shot or two - something he's done plenty of times in the past.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Floyd was breaking him down.

The T/KO was inevitable.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
ThereIsOnlyOne
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post

The T/KO was inevitable.
Disagree, he landed a couple nice flurries in the 4th but Victor roughing him against the ropes )although only few were landing clean) was definately affecting Mayweather. Ortiz was walking through most of his shots aswell. Can't see him ko'ing Ortiz unless Ortiz quit. I don't think he would have.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
ThereIsOnlyOne
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I don't think Floyd ever thought he would end up knocking Victor out with those cheap shots. It wasn't his intention.

He just spotted an opportunity to score a shot or two - something he's done plenty of times in the past.
No way man, there was venom in that straight right. You only have to look at Mayweathers face, that was a gtfo punch if ever i saw one.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereIsOnlyOne View Post
No way man, there was venom in that straight right. You only have to look at Mayweathers face, that was a gtfo punch if ever i saw one.

Yeah, he didn't look too friendly.

1:10:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOU_JwuDUcA[/ame]
Old 05-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

The most re****ed thing Ortiz did in all of that, was to not have any inclination to duck or put his hands up after being hit the first time! The ****, man? Even if you think the fight isn't in play, he shouldn't have hit you and that Cortez should step in, common sense should tell you to watch out for another punch that might be coming your way. Don't look to Cortez to get ****ing confirmation of being smacked in the face.

Reminds me of this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUHkjxvNWEg[/ame]
Old 05-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #8
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Just re-watched the fight this morning, frustrating to watch the way it ended again. Both Floyd and Ortiz acting like a pair of tits at the end of that round.
I still think it was shaping up to be an excellent fight. Floyd winning but definately not comfortable. Ortiz fighting rough house and troubling Floyd a little bit. Then Ortiz showing his naievity and allowing himself to get frustrated and headbutt Mayweather ffs . Then giving him a kiss and three hugs after i mean wtf. Then Mayweather arguably showing a lack of class (although given he'd just been headbutted obviously quite angry) and knocking out an opponent who wasn't even looking.
Since the fight i've seen people saying they knew Ortiz wasn't on his level and it was a cherry pick etc and I disagree.
Ortiz is brilliant, potentially world class if not mentally flawed and maybe got the fight too early. Still gutted I didn't get to see this fight go all the way as it was shaping up to be a good one. 4 exciting rounds especially for a Floyd fight.
I do think Floyd would probably have won UD but I think it would have been one of his hardest fights.
Looking forward to following Ortiz (he would have beat Berto more convincly this time imo if not for the naughty test) and maybe they will fight again.

I agree that Ortrees had/has huge potential but the guy was way out classed in the fight and it was not gonna be close. I do not agree with you about a Berto rematch I think Berto would have won that match-up. Vic is a mental midget and does not have what it takes YET to reach the top. with a little mote seasoning who knows. For me to be totally sold on him reaching the top he would have to fight Miadana again.
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post

The T/KO was inevitable.
Oh **** Off!

Maybe Void would of won a decision but there is no ****ing proof that Void would of stopped the Vicious one when Victor was actually fighting!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

Quote:
Disagree, he landed a couple nice flurries in the 4th but Victor roughing him against the ropes )although only few were landing clean) was definately affecting Mayweather. Ortiz was walking through most of his shots aswell. Can't see him ko'ing Ortiz unless Ortiz quit. I don't think he would have.

Void wasn't hurting Victor during the fight at all! It was a good fight.. With a bull**** ending! Sad night for Boxing..
Old 05-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

A terrible, and sad way to end a big fight, legal or not. It's fairly obvious Floyd was on his way to a win. Ortiz was a fool for the headbutts. And Floyd was a punk for the cheap shot. Can't think of ANY situation like that in a major fight.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

Well Karma is a *****... Looks like Void is getting ready to go to the county Jail! And Victor is getting ready for a fight!

If you make a mistake you have to pay!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

some people really need to read up on boxing, or go watch, or at least write about something else.
Ortiz was doing much the same as Cotto, being agressive, throwing plenty punches which were blocked, but being outclassed.
If a punch is blocked, its non scoring, so if you throw 80 punches and land 5, but the other guy throws 50 and lands 20, its his round.
Mayweather is a master of catching shots on shoulder, elbow, gloves. Its hardly ever he gets hit clean.
Ortiz was getting a lesson, thats why he pulled what he did.
Mayweather took advantage of his mistake, not the classiest, but **** Ortiz, he'd just headbutted him.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
terbear2187
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
Well Karma is a *****... Looks like Void is getting ready to go to the county Jail! And Victor is getting ready for a fight!

If you make a mistake you have to pay!
yup hes about to serve his time like a man, pacman cheated on his wife and expected her to stay with him. he made the mistake of ****ing prositutes so divorce should be his punishment and going to hell because he did commit adultry
terbear2187 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post

I don't believe Floyd thought Ortiz would be stopped by that two piece.. Looking at how he did it to Mosley, there may have been a little more pop on the punch, but I don't see KO written on that two piece knowing he's done it to opponents before.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iliSB2RWgQk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iliSB2RWgQk[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4llkxmlPOoc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4llkxmlPOoc[/ame]

28 seconds in on both.. He puts his back leg into both punches. When I saw it live I was shocked Ortiz didn't get up seeing what he went through with Berto.
Divi253 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum