Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-18-2014, 12:02 AM   #1
Martin Skrtel
nobodycan get past Skrtel

vCash: 500
Default James Degale isn't good enough

he's quite good, talented, fast.. but he seems to have found his level at european level

if he was world class, they wouldnt be keep feeding him the same level of opponents OVER and OVER it's boring to watch, he needs to step it up, but hennessy or degales team dont seem to have the confidence to do it.

Gevorg Khatchikian,Dyah Davis, Stjepan Bozi, Sebastien Demers, Fulgencio Zuniga, Hadillah Mohoumad, Cristian Sanavia, Piotr Wilczewski

^ that's his last 8 opponents since getting beat by the very green Groves. I also think he lost to Wilczewski in his next fight after Groves.
How do we know if hes ready for the likes of Froch/Kessler/Abraham/Ward/Groves/Steiglitz/Bika when he has faced guys nowhere near their level and he lost to Wilczewski and a very green George Groves. I he couldnt beat Groves then he has no chance now.

He also think he's too feather fisted to become world champ, he just doesn't punch hard enough.

I think he'll he'll have a decent career and be a 3 time European champion , no shame in that but by these forum trolls standards it's enough to call someone a bum.
Martin Skrtel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 02:43 AM   #2
46and0
It's irrefutable.
ESB Addict

vCash: 165
Default Re: James Degale isn't good enough

The reason for his last fights is because he is with Hennessey - the Austin Ambassador Y reg of boxing promoters.
46and0 is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 03:25 AM   #3
Camaris
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I watched the Groves / Degale fight again yesterday. At the time I wanted Groves to win badly because DeGale had been such a bellend in the build-up. Two things I didn't notice first time watching...

1. The fight was...errr... pretty boring
2. DeGale won it.

Please update your records.
Camaris is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 06:48 AM   #4
Redman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Yeah Degale did enough to get it and I would favour him to beat Groves if they fought again.

With the likes of Ward saying he hasn't got any opponents, if I was Degale I'd be shouting from the roof tops 'well fight me then'. Never heard Degale mention him once.

Even if he was to get beat but put a really good show he'd get more respect from it than the crap we have seen him been involved in lately. Does start to get boring as ****.
Redman is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 07:01 AM   #5
Lil Floyd
Journeyman

I think he is. I think hes just gone a bit stale.

Same level opponents and no real tv coverage like he had before. Yes hes on channel 5 but hes no longer the rising star like he was before groves.

I think he just needs to step up and create the fan buzz like he had before.

How he does that i dont know. Only thing i can thing of move to hearn and sky but its not going to happen.
Lil Floyd is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
Martin Skrtel
nobodycan get past Skrtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaris View Post

1. The fight was...errr... pretty boring
2. DeGale won it.
Groves won but every Degale fight is boring and predictable since he moved to channel 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Floyd View Post
How he does that i dont know. Only thing i can thing of move to hearn and sky but its not going to happen.
I think it could happen..
he's not gonna want to keep fighting in leisure centres surely,channel 5 don't have the budget to make big fights
Martin Skrtel is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
Bub
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 367

There's only one way to find out and that's by stepping up and fighting someone at world level. I disagree about him not punching hard enough. There are plenty of champs who don't punch hard.
Bub is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
big_daddy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Skrtel View Post
Groves won but every Degale fight is boring and predictable since he moved to channel 5

I think it could happen..
he's not gonna want to keep fighting in leisure centres surely,channel 5 don't have the budget to make big fights
He gets 6 figures a fight so that's probably why
big_daddy is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 04:05 PM   #9
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

I think he can beat Bika. His style is an odd one as he isn't really puncher, if em sticks to pure boxing he can compete at world level.
jc is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #10
Pez
Journeyman

I think Degale is quite good, boxes nicely most the time but seems to get lazy or loses concentration for periods of time and gets caught on the ropes sometimes. Probably a top 10 super middle, but will be interesting to see if he can step up and win a world title because his career is just stagnating with Mick
Pez is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #11
big_daddy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman View Post
With the likes of Ward saying he hasn't got any opponents, if I was Degale I'd be shouting from the roof tops 'well fight me then'. Never heard Degale mention him once. .
does ward even know who degale is?
big_daddy is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #12
AfraidOfManny
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Skrtel View Post
anyone who is saying degale even has a chance to beat groves doesn't have a clue, a green groves beat deagale before in a boxing match, Groves would take it to degale if they had a rematch and knock him out, degale wouldn't be able to take his power
This
AfraidOfManny is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #13
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think he will be a world champion, he has the beating of Bika imo. But yeah, I agree, he's fringe world class at best.

Groves is much better and would demolish him in a rematch. As for Froch, Froch would end him in 5 rounds.
True_Hero is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2014, 08:45 PM   #14
Redman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_daddy View Post
does ward even know who degale is?
Well doesn't matter what you think of Degale but him and Ward are both Olympic gold medalists, and I'd sure as hell rather watch Degale vs Ward than Degale vs the shite has been fighting or in Ward's case the shite he hasn't been fighting.

Degale is a top 10 super middleweight looking for a title shot, yet I haven't heard him mention Ward once and the biggest piss take with that is, Ward's saying he's got no one to fight.

Seems like Degale is quite happy with waiting for an easier route to a title comes available instead of going for the top dog. If Degale got his ****y head on and really went to town on calling Ward out, I think he'd get the fight, instead he's quite happy chatting shit about fighting eliminators for shitty alphabet titles against mediocre belt holders.

I think it tells us about his confidence and how he perceives himself.
Redman is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #15
CrockyYoungGun
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Degale is a quality fighter man, don't understand the stick he gets
I think he will become world champ and going the WBC route is the best bet for him cause Bika is the weakest champ he'd skool him
CrockyYoungGun is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum