Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #256
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Gabriel Montoya on Bunce's Boxing Hour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
Thing is most Floyd fans (not the insane "Flomos") weren't worried about Pac being dirty until after they refused testing after they said it was no problem... Then came out with a ton of excuses.. And even then, Floyd's fans just said take the tests and prove you're clean.

Pac had a way to prove he's clean via testing.. He and his fans believe he shouldn't.. Floyd has a chance to prove he's clean via releasing the information to the proper authorities.. Pretty much all of Floyd's fans on here that have commented on it said they have no issue with him releasing the information..

Plus, I'll be disappointed if Floyd refuses to address this because I want the truth.

PAC fans should feel the same if Manny continues to refuse testing.
PBFred is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #257
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Anyone want to debate? Come on.
PBFred is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #258
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post
We're hypocrites apparently because we're critical of Gabe and the validity of the story yet we jump in head first in believing that PAC is cheating.
You made the most, well probably only sane post in the thread, and it went over like a lead balloon. All of the people claiming to be impartial with no agenda ignored it so I bumped it. NOTHING AGAIN.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:12 PM   #259
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
No worries at all.

I'm not getting excited and falling hook line and sinker for this story, and i'm not about to dismiss it out of hand. Montoya has proven that he has some sources and connections to get the scoop ahead of everyone else on the Berto & Peterson cases, but he's also dealing with Victor Conte, a proven liar and cheat and a walking talking advert VADA testing. He also seems to be a bit gullible in some respects.

I'm simply very interested in the issue of PEDS in sport, and take a keen interest in any stories about that. Therefore when a case like this arises I like to keep an open mind and see what happens. The anti-doping movement in sport is new, and things like this are only going to help it develop.
I believe he spoke on the Peterson and Berto cases because they were with VADA, who Conte is involved in.. And he and Conte talk.. Makes sense why he would have inside scoop on that.. Also makes sense why he'd make up bullshit about USADA, kind of like they did with the CIR testing? That was proven to be a lie by USADA, yet we should believe him on this? I don't buy it, I'll wait for more to be released..

Meanwhile us making thread after thread after thread on this with posters claiming things that are untrue, leads drive-by posters or newbies to believe something completely untrue.. I've seen multiple threads already stating and or asking if Mayweather has failed 3 drug tests..
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #260
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
You made the most, well probably only sane post in the thread, and it went over like a lead balloon. All of the people claiming to be impartial with no agenda ignored it so I bumped it. NOTHING AGAIN.
I agree with PBFred. I'm all for better testing for every fighter.

And definite Props to Mayweather for starting the revolution.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #261
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
So, he used a source that was able to give him inside information and he broke the story? That's journalism.

He trusted the same source again and they didn't come through. That's journalism.

Those thing don't mean that people have to ignore this, or can't be intrigued by what will happen between him and Goldenboy. I really don't understand your position.
How bout this for a position. You earlier linked Mayweather w/ Don Hale who owns HRC medical. You and others have ran with that association. You were quick to judge Floyd by it.

Yet with Montoya, he's in bed w/ Conte. One of the worst drug cheaters in history. A known liar, crook and drug pusher. But that's okay, cause it's "journalism"?

It doesn't work that way. Journalism is really only as good as your sources, and while Conte is very scientifically knowledgeable about performance enhancement drugs as a whole, his deep affiliation with a directly competing drug testing company to USADA, lends no credibility to his statements on or about them.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #262
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

Plus, I'll be disappointed if Floyd refuses to address this because I want the truth.

Can't really. All that's left is the terms of the testing. I have a bad feeling Berto wasn't juicing. Floyd's "alleged" exemptions actually make sense given this. The tests do need to be made available to the other camps chosen medical personal for review if they request it. The fighters have the need to know and I feel that should be their right under testing. Now if someone shows up with a trace amount consistent with inadvertent contamination, they can make that decision and leave us out of it.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #263
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Exactly! There was a poll made, about 75% of the posters believed Floyd should release the information.. Like 34 to 12
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #264
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
I agree with PBFred. I'm all for better testing for every fighter.

And definite Props to Mayweather for starting the revolution.
Well, with PBF that makes 5?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #265
Dillyyo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No worries at all.

I'm not getting excited and falling hook line and sinker for this story, and i'm not about to dismiss it out of hand. Montoya has proven that he has some sources and connections to get the scoop ahead of everyone else on the Berto & Peterson cases, but he's also dealing with Victor Conte, a proven liar and cheat and a walking talking advert VADA testing. He also seems to be a bit gullible in some respects.

I'm simply very interested in the issue of PEDS in sport, and take a keen interest in any stories about that. Therefore when a case like this arises I like to keep an open mind and see what happens. The anti-doping movement in sport is new, and things like this are only going to help it develop.

I just say that while this thing is being developed, if people are asking questions and such, it should be open and transparent. If some over eager journalist is running around making claims and getting things wrong let's be honest and tell them what's really happening. If you want to use litigation too, then fine. But the most important thing for this whole anti doping thing to work is transparency. We know boxing is as corrupt as they come, so if people have the chance to make some money, or help out a connection they're more than likely going to take it. Therefore the more open this is, the more effective it will be.
Good post.
Dillyyo is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #266
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
How bout this for a position. You earlier linked Mayweather w/ Don Hale who owns HRC medical. You and others have ran with that association. You were quick to judge Floyd by it.

Yet with Montoya, he's in bed w/ Conte. One of the worst drug cheaters in history. A known liar, crook and drug pusher. But that's okay, cause it's "journalism"?

It doesn't work that way. Journalism is really only as good as your sources, and while Conte is very scientifically knowledgeable about performance enhancement drugs as a whole, his deep affiliation with a directly competing drug testing company to USADA, lends no credibility to his statements on or about them.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #267
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
No worries at all.

I just say that while this thing is being developed, if people are asking questions and such, it should be open and transparent. If some over eager journalist is running around making claims and getting things wrong let's be honest and tell them what's really happening. If you want to use litigation too, then fine. But the most important thing for this whole anti doping thing to work is transparency. We know boxing is as corrupt as they come, so if people have the chance to make some money, or help out a connection they're more than likely going to take it. Therefore the more open this is, the more effective it will be.
For every sensible post like this, there's several Punani-a-gogo's that come in here and stink up the place.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #268
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
I believe he spoke on the Peterson and Berto cases because they were with VADA, who Conte is involved in.. And he and Conte talk.. Makes sense why he would have inside scoop on that.. Also makes sense why he'd make up bullshit about USADA, kind of like they did with the CIR testing? That was proven to be a lie by USADA, yet we should believe him on this? I don't buy it, I'll wait for more to be released..

Meanwhile us making thread after thread after thread on this with posters claiming things that are untrue, leads drive-by posters or newbies to believe something completely untrue.. I've seen multiple threads already stating and or asking if Mayweather has failed 3 drug tests..
By the way, I added a bit more to my last post after you quoted it.

What's ironic about the threads about 'failing 3 tests etc' is that most of this rumour was fuelled by the C&D letter. GB really poured gas on a match with that. I mean, perhaps they felt they had no choice, but it really has made this thing into the talking point it has become.

As for Conte, I don't think the man is to be trusted at all. He's completely for VADA and seems to advertise them any chance he gets. Perhaps he feels he has the ear of a journalist who can help tarnish the reputation of their rivals? Who knows. He certainly did Montoya no favours with the USADA and CIR testing stuff, which Gabriel seemed to take and run with (hence why I called him gullible before).

But on the other hand, perhaps a more important figure in boxing has seen Montoya's name on the Peterson and Berto stories and thought he's a guy to leak something through.

But, as you say, all you we can do is wait for more.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #269
Santino
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: Talking boxing with the best boxing writer in the world, my man Dan Rafael

I lost all respect for maxboxing.com when that retard steve kim called abril's schooling of rios boring and blamed him for holding. Said the fight was close! They are definitely pro top rank so not surprised with these current accusations.
Santino is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #270
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He's surely instigating things, but I'm not gonna blame him for something he didn't do.
He's using semantics, suckdickantics, and fagantics. He was always a weirdo, but he was a nobody weirdo. Now that Montoya has come along, the **** sucker is speaking more about Floyd than he's ever spoke. He needs to be watching and taking notes from the Scripps National Spelling Bee, lmao.
Whipdatass is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum