Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default riddick bowe......

..saddened to see that riddick is embarking on another comeback...the diffference between him and holyfield would appear to be that riddick is severely delusional about his abilities and general health......reading the article made me think about bowes fistic acheivments, and, that there is a case for him having had the potential to have been one of the greatest.....ever......for me, bowe ranks with tyson as the most entertaining heavyweight of his generation.....likeable, quotable, funny....the guy had something you cant buy or bottle...personality.....and boy could he fight....a horrendous defence, most of his big fights resembled street fights with rules....fast hands, a devastating upercut and a willingness to brawl with all and sundry.....lets remember bowe for what he was, a huge guy with huge talent that burned oh so brightly for a short time......lets not let his memory be sullied if he continues to shamble around a ring chasing that most elusive and fleet footed foe..past greatness..
bigG is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 483
Default Re: riddick bowe......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigG
..saddened to see that riddick is embarking on another comeback...the diffference between him and holyfield would appear to be that riddick is severely delusional about his abilities and general health
The words pot, kettle and black pop into my mind there
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
bigG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i think 'vander is in much beter shape, both physically and mentally than bowe....last time out, bowe looked like the pillsbury doughboy......

Last edited by mike; 02-19-2006 at 07:26 PM.
bigG is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Because unlike Bowe, Holyfield never let his training go to waste and sit around inhaling burgers.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD
Because unlike Bowe, Holyfield never let his training go to waste and sit around inhaling burgers.
Or go mental,kidnap his family,get his nuts debagged for him,and in the same two fights get what was left of his brains ****ed uo for ever,guys on a one way ticket to oblivion,sad to say hes got people who are meant to be looking after the fellow seeminly not doing anything to stop him,i can see another jerry quarry or ali coming from this story in another decade or two.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

...yeah, that too
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
chewy 22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

hapning. first post, long time long lurker.

Riddick Bowe was one of my favourite boxers growing up. he was an awesome combination puncher. He had absolutley no mental toughness, nor discipline. Funny how the boxers how claim there from the toughest places ala Bowe, Tyson, Briggs, Judah etc have no mental strength whatsoever.

Maybe its a Brooklyn thing, they seem mentally weaker.
chewy 22 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #8
cuzzinelias

Riddick will CRUSH da flow
cuzzinelias is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #9
C.J.Rock
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigG
..saddened to see that riddick is embarking on another comeback...the diffference between him and holyfield would appear to be that riddick is severely delusional about his abilities and general health......reading the article made me think about bowes fistic acheivments, and, that there is a case for him having had the potential to have been one of the greatest.....ever......for me, bowe ranks with tyson as the most entertaining heavyweight of his generation.....likeable, quotable, funny....the guy had something you cant buy or bottle...personality.....and boy could he fight....a horrendous defence, most of his big fights resembled street fights with rules....fast hands, a devastating upercut and a willingness to brawl with all and sundry.....lets remember bowe for what he was, a huge guy with huge talent that burned oh so brightly for a short time......lets not let his memory be sullied if he continues to shamble around a ring
chasing that most elusive and fleet footed foe..past greatness..
Lets not forget his cowardice either The way he ran from Lennox Lewis was disgraceful. What good fighter can you think of that would stage the " WBC belt in the garbage " stunt he pulled because he was scared shitless of Lennox. Lets not forget the fat slob he turned into either If he fought like he ate he might have been the fighter you describe
His meory was pemanently sullied then I my book he was NEVER undisputed champ he renaged on the contract so it was null and void
What a huge waste of talent he was
C.J.Rock is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #10
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy 22
hapning. first post, long time long lurker.

Riddick Bowe was one of my favourite boxers growing up. he was an awesome combination puncher. He had absolutley no mental toughness, nor discipline. Funny how the boxers how claim there from the toughest places ala Bowe, Tyson, Briggs, Judah etc have no mental strength whatsoever.

Maybe its a Brooklyn thing, they seem mentally weaker.
I think a better way of rephrasing is they got soft over time. Hard to say Bowe, Tyson and Judah didnt have mental toughness when they were hungry fighters. Bowe showed a lot of gut in his three wars with Holyfield, coming off the canvas in the third fight, and also against Golota when he was punching him in the balls. Briggs was never really a fighter in my opinion.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #11
chewy 22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Thumbs up Re: riddick bowe......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31
I think a better way of rephrasing is they got soft over time. Hard to say Bowe, Tyson and Judah didnt have mental toughness when they were hungry fighters. Bowe showed a lot of gut in his three wars with Holyfield, coming off the canvas in the third fight, and also against Golota when he was punching him in the balls. Briggs was never really a fighter in my opinion.
Bowe was just a lazy sack of shit, he ruined any chance he had of being a great by just relying on his power instead of improving his considerably skills. He had all the intanigible tho
chewy 22 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum