Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #1
wrastla285
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Wlad/Vitali/Ring Champ

I for one, believe Wladimir should be named Ring Mag Heavyweight Champ. My reasoning behind this is Vitali was named ring champ after his victory over Corrie Sanders for the vacant wbc belt. I believe Wlad is more established, and has a MUCH better resume then Vitali had. Vitali's claim to fame is a loss, and a win over kirk johnson and corrie sanders. Wladimir is the best heavyweight in the division, he defeated the #2 heavyweight in the world (Sam Peter), then defeated the longest reigning champion (Byrd), then Knocked out an undefeated top prospect in a voluntary defense, and then KO'd his mandatory.

The long short of it is, Wlad has accomplished a lot more than his elder brother, and his elder brother was named ring champ.
wrastla285 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Wlad/Vitali/Ring Champ

Wladimir has nothing over any other title holder at the moment.... so I disagree, and Sam Peter wasn't the number 2 heavyweight when Wladimir beat him.
RAMPAGE0017 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Well give him the title, means nothing The Ring is just as bad and corrupt as any other piece of Alphabet crap.

The Heavyweight Championship of the World will remain vacant until such time as the virtually universal #1 and #2 contenders meet, or (less likely) Lewis comes back.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
wrastla285
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPAGE0017
Wladimir has nothing over any other title holder at the moment.... so I disagree, and Sam Peter wasn't the number 2 heavyweight when Wladimir beat him.
just because sam beat an old fat james toney, doesnt make him better then he was.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Vitali needed to do more and Wlad needs to do more.

Wlad is probably the best HW out there, however.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #6
vonBanditos
Mσderator
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3818

I think The Ring should anoint him flyweight champ. He's achieved more than any of those guys and I'm sure he could make weight if he really tried, but there's really no reason to make him follow the tried and true established rules.
vonBanditos is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabrese
I disagree with that notion - I think Wlad is the CLEAR #1 HW and is head and shoulders above anybody else based on resume, accomplishments, skills and technique. Not to mention he is the longest-reigning titlist amongst the Heavies...

All that being said - he's not the linear champ until he beats either the recognized #2 or #3 guy.

I don't have nothing against anyone having him at 1# at the moment, but that's not enough to make him the champ, in my judgement. But Chagaev beat Virchis, Ruiz, Valuev, and is currently undefeated, so there are fighters out there who I think are pretty even with Wlad's resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrastla285
just because sam beat an old fat james toney, doesnt make him better then he was.
I didn't say anything about Peter, he's not even a title holder at this time.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Beating Virchis, Ruiz, Valuev (all very close decisions) is NOT equal to beating Byrd twice, McCline, Jefferson, Mercer, Botha, Peter, Brock, etc; being a two time titlist; having over 50 pro fights; being a fomer Olympic gold medalist - I can keep going here...

Chagaev hasn't even 30 pro fights and hasn't had a single defense of his paper title yet - let's not get carried away.
That's about all Wladimir has on Chagaev.. he's been around longer. Chagaev on the other hand also has something over Wlad in that he's undefeated. Wladimir has a couple of embarassing losses on his resume, don't forget.

And I don't see how Byrd, McCline, Brock, Jefferson, and past-their-best Botha and Mercer are any better than Ruiz, Virchis, and Valuev. Let's not forget that Ruiz frustrated the hell out of the division for quite some time, and let's also not forget that Valuev was an undefeated champion until he met Chagaev.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #9
wrastla285
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPAGE0017
That's about all Wladimir has on Chagaev.. he's been around longer. Chagaev on the other hand also has something over Wlad in that he's undefeated. Wladimir has a couple of embarassing losses on his resume, don't forget.

And I don't see how Byrd, McCline, Brock, Jefferson, and past-their-best Botha and Mercer are any better than Ruiz, Virchis, and Valuev. Let's not forget that Ruiz frustrated the hell out of the division for quite some time, and let's also not forget that Valuev was an undefeated champion until he met Chagaev.
valuev also almost lost to larry donald, and was having a little trouble with monte barrett, virchis has lost to every big challenge, and ruiz is just ruiz, so i would say thats wlads opponents were much more proven
Old 07-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #10
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrastla285
valuev also almost lost to larry donald, and was having a little trouble with monte barrett, virchis has lost to every big challenge, and ruiz is just ruiz, so i would say thats wlads opponents were much more proven

Virchis only has one loss, and that's to Chagaev.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #11
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Honestly, who gives a shit about loses? Let's wait and see until Chagaev has 50+ pro fights and see how many loses he has! this is boxing man - you can't win the all!
What do you mean who gives a shit about losses? Losses, especially to the degree of which Wladimir has in certain cases BLEMISH your resume. And ofcourse you can't win them all, but at this point and time Chagaev is undefeated. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people discredit Lewis for getting beaten by McCall and Rahman, so don't act like losses don't amount to anything. Be sensible.

Quote:
Ruslan went life and death with Virchis to a mixed decision win, then BARELY beat Ruiz in his own back yard (a split decision), then barely again with Valuev (a guy that deserved to LOSE to both Donald and Ruiz) - that's hardly dominant man! It's one thing if he dominated those three contenders and/or knocked them out - but he struggled against all three and those fights could have went either way. Those three wins (by the skin of his teeth mind you) absolutely DO NOT compare to Wlad's accomplishments over the past DECADE!
I disagree. Chagaev clearly won the Valuev/Ruiz fights. Yes, Valuev had fights that could've gone either way, but Chagaev defeated him clearly enough to actually be AWARDED the win. And yes, I am comparing them, because quite frankly the fact that Wladimir has only been around longer than Chagaev is not enough for me to say that his resume is better.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #12
RAMPAGE0017
Contender
ESB Senior Member

And it sure as hell doesn't mean Wladimir should just be awarded the championship when there are other title-holders whom are potential threats. And Chagaev's resume says he is a potential threat.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum