Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #16
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1479
Default Re: Froch Bute - a little overated?!

It looked in that fight that Johnson had given up very early on, a strange performance from him.
Bajingo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #17
No Fear
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
If you pitch Calzaghes 8 best wins against Frochs 8 best wins, Calzaghe has a better resume.
Froch's 6 best wins have come in his last 8 fights.

Joes's best 8 wins are over an 11 year career.
No Fear is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #18
sud2002
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Styles make fight and I'll say Bute has a better chance of beating Ward then Froch!
sud2002 is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fear View Post
Froch's 6 best wins have come in his last 8 fights.

Joes's best 8 wins are over an 11 year career.
Guys like Byron Mitchell, are proven Super Middle weight, Charles Bauer sp.....proven supermiddle weight and former world champions, Robin Reid, Chris Eubanks, the list goes on........Joe Calzaghe beat better fighters in more clinical fashion.

Nobody ducks Froch, Fighters ducked Joe Calzaghe. Nobody Ducks Froch because he is beatable, Joe Calzaghe was ducked by Hopkins and even Roy Jones. Hopkins priced himself out of the fight, and to be honest Jones wanted bigger things.....

If the super sixx was invented in Calzaghes prime? He would of beat everyone accept for maybe Roy Jones maybe....
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
Ok, let me start this thread by making it absolutley clear that I loved the fight; it's been quite some time since I have been on my feet shouting at the TV during a fight! I loved the excitement, the atmosphere and I thought Carl Froch gave a punch perfect performance.

It was an exhilarating night and one I will remember for some time, and I'm sure it's also a fight I will almost certainly watch many times over the coming years.

BUT.................................

Are we just perhaps overstating just how amazing the result was?

Carl Froch is a really good boxer, and he arguably has the most impressive record of any British Super Middleweight, he has not ducked anyone, hard fight after hard fight, and always willing to go into the other man's backyard. But is it clear now that Bute was perhaps overated? Did his record, as some had suggested before the contest, perhaps make him look better than he is/was?

I think perhaps it's similar to Calzaghe's win against Lacy; Lacy was presented as this fearless brutal 'mini Tyson', but in hindsight he was clearly overated (although I take nothing away from Calzaghes performance).

The media are now talking about the Froch Bute win as one of the greatest; for me the Nigel Benn win over McClellan was in a different league.

I really don't want to come across as anti-Froch, trust me I most certainly am not, I am thrilled for him, loved the fight, and can't wait to see what he does next; but now that the dust has settled, is it really unreasonable to say that the win (not the performance itself) was not quite up there with the all time greats it's being described as?

Well I have to say I'm plesantly surprised!

I thought I was going to get slaughtered for trying to take some of the gloss off of Carl's performance!

Michael300 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum