Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Carslaw aims for British honours

Paisley’s Kris Carslaw returns to action this Saturday as he takes on Brian Rose for the British Light Middleweight Championship. The switch-hitting Scot, who suffered his only career loss against Matthew Hall in November last year, challenges the Blackpool fighter in Manchester’s Bowler’s Arena live on Sky Sports.

‘Training camp has gone great’ said Carslaw. ‘I have taken four weeks off work so I can train full time. I’ve been up in Edinburgh sparring with John Thain which was great. We’ve been doing a variety of different techniques in the gym rather than sticking to one, so I’ll be ready for everything Rose brings on Saturday.’

A British Title fight seemed to have passed him by after the close points loss to Hall. During the fight, Carslaw suffered a broken hand, as well as a broken jaw (the second of his short career), with many fearing the 27 year old would hang up the gloves for good. But Carslaw never contemplated retirement. ‘It was never in my mind to stop boxing because the British Title is something I have always aimed towards and wouldn’t give up so easily’ he said. ‘The Hall fight was my biggest fight to date, but I feel that it has given me the confidence to take on Rose. Rose is a great fighter and has earned his place in the boxing world, but I feel this is now my time, I am in the best shape of my life and I am confident of a winning outcome.’

When asked if being the underdog would phase him come fight night, Carslaw remained defiant, and draws inspiration from his opponent’s recent good form. ‘Rose has a similar sort of story to me because a lot of people started to write me off after the Matt Hall fight. It has definitely given me the belief that I can achieve what I want to achieve if I have the determination and tactics to do so. Anything is possible.’

‘Winning the title would be a dream come true for me, it’s something I have always wanted to achieve and I am thankful for the chance to fight for a great title. If I won the Lonsdale belt it would put me into the elite group of boxers in Britain.’

The attitude of the Paisley native cannot be faulted. While Rose is on a good run of form and is the solid favourite going in, he doesn’t punch as hard, nor is he as physically strong, as Matthew Hall. Carslaw, himself not a murderous puncher, may give the champion trouble with his southpaw style early on, and his ability to switch hit could frustrate the Blackpool fighter down the stretch.

On the undercard, former Ricky Burns conqueror, Carl Johanneson looks to get his career back on track by taking on Chris Goodwin over 10 rounds in a rematch of the pair’s March encounter, while Cruiserweight Danny Price looks to maintain his unbeaten record against Ugandan Moses Matovu.
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960
Default Re: Carslaw aims for British honours

So how did he get the shot despite losing the eliminator?
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

When i saw Ricky Burns conqueror,Carl Johanneson i was expecting Mitchell's name to be chucked in .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So how did he get the shot despite losing the eliminator?
I think because Hall chose to fight Sam Webb, or was forced to fight him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
When i saw Ricky Burns conqueror,Carl Johanneson i was expecting Mitchell's name to be chucked in .
I tried mate, I really did
Old 06-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
Rum Ham !

Seeing what Hall did to Carslaw I just don't see how Carslaw beats Rose but I fought the same when Rose fought Prince Arron.
Rum Ham ! is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum Ham ! View Post
Seeing what Hall did to Carslaw I just don't see how Carslaw beats Rose but I fought the same when Rose fought Prince Arron.
I dunno. Hall is a very good tough pressure fighter which kind of caused Kris problems. Rose is a different kind of fighter altogether
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

I like Rose.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
Vano-Irons
Champion