Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #46
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Frankie Gavin - a bigger dissapointment than Audley ???

I wouldn't give up on him yet. Still young. Maybe 2 years away from boxing could sort him out. He still has talent in there somewhere, it's mentality that's holding him back
Healy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #47
Sugarray1
Journeyman

vCash: 500

It's the devils powder holding him back
Sugarray1 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #48
funtime09
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I have no issues now, I'm in a good place at home wanna be stepped up I didn't even want al harbi fight I want titles now an not bogus ones brit european no point sitting around, having a meeting weds with frank to discuss it, an even if I get a final eliminator will take that as next is the title fight
funtime09 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 05:05 AM   #49
Dean
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Frankie, I hope it works out for you.

I would love to see you reach your potential and more.
Dean is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 05:35 AM   #50
charlstonbigspu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Frankie have you not thought about just missing the British title out? Can understand if you want to win it like.

I just feel you could miss it out and be I with a world top 20/30 to accelerate your career back up and get you to where you should be. British title could leave you hanging around there for another 12-18 months.
charlstonbigspu is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #51
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTER View Post
hes only 26 anything can happen yet but he has to get his head down and take it seriously
brooks is only 26 and gets stick that he aint being brought on quick enough
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #52
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Message title - 'Frankie Gavin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey
still on a shit diet mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684
Says who?
Quote:
[says the owner of the chippy i saw him walk out off. guy said he goes every other night chip buttie white bread, 2 sausages to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684

Get a grip
Quote:
im dead serious mate.
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #53
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I do think that it's not going to happen for him, unfortunately.

Everyone has setbacks granted, but he's just had too many in a short space of time (regardless of who is ultimately at fault, if anyone) and it'll be a long road to the top for him.

If you look at Ricky Hatton, by the time he was nearly 27 he'd had the biggest win of his career and was arguably on the way down. Unfortunately Frankie has hardly fought anyone, both in terms of quality and quantity, in over three years as a professional.

Hitting the jackpot with Allegedly probably wasn't the best thing for him either, I'd imagine most people would lose a bit of hunger if a heavy sum of money dropped into their bank account in their early 20's, with guarantees of large paydays per fight.

Of course it hindered his activity levels and ultimately his development as a fighter.

He's realistically got two years to get right on track (I would say back on track but that wouldn't be true), otherwise he'll go down as the biggest waste of ability in British boxing. Ever.

Way bigger than Harrison, who never really looked the part as a pro, even in his earlier days. He's got ridiculous ability but something just isn't quite right.

So yeah, my answer to the TS's question is that he is a bigger disappointment than Aud the Fraud.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #54
funtime09
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think I got a good few years left in sport don't really have wars matured late just need the right fights now
funtime09 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #55
Julie.H
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batkilt View Post
My dad was a fireman for 30 years - a station officer for a good portion of it - and he recommended some of his crew take personal time off for the sort of stuff Gavin was going through.

But you're forgetting one thing when you compare those jobs - they have contracted hours, shift patterns, regular salary. It's their job. But if they decide they don't want to run into burning buildings and risk their live, they can leave it. You can't force someone to do that job, just the same as you can't force a boxer into the ring. But a fireman going through serious personal problems can be signed off by a doctor on sick leave - or whatever the **** it is the government changed the term to - if you're suffering from stress, depression etc. Boxers don't, yet they'll get moaned about by fans for pulling out of a fight when in other jobs they'd probably be on the sick.
Do you know what does my head in about this sport, the boys that get in to it have no flaming money and its always an excuse if they cant train. Why get in to something that you dont have the money for and have delusions of grandeur that you are going to be a millionaire from boxing. These guys can still have a nice healthy life style if they just look after what money they have.
Julie.H is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #56
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Where was Audley Harrison when he was 27? Holding down three jobs, fighting as a amateur to fulfil his goal of becoming Olympic champion, studying for a degree in sports science.

Audley Harrison from where he came from, to what he achieved as a amateur and pro, at a time when most boxers are already on there way out....

Audley Harrison was a overachiever, and technically not really a disappointment. Fankie Gavin has had it all in his favour, money, promoter, and time...

His failings are ultimately down to himself, I am sorry for his personal troubles but life in general is trouble.

What are we going to do give up?

I cannot say, I am not Frank Gavin.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #57
England Is Epic
Don't hate the player!!!

Frankie Gavin has all the skills to pay the bills. If his personal life gets sorted out there is no doubt he has the ability to reach the top of the game.
England Is Epic is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #58
dannylatics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3167

Well Im still a Frankie fan. Followed him after the olympics and had high hopes for him.

Frankie knows better than anyone where he is at mentally. He knows this is last chance saloon so good look to him.

Good luck Frankie
dannylatics is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #59
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Rob's a nice enough guy, but he is a pompous, know-nothing prick on here. His Gavinweight agenda was painful to witness.
explain why it was painful?

hows your boxing website?
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #60
Guv'nor
BOXING MASTERMIND

I tell you something, there's some proper good for nothing, know fuk all wankers on this site, you good for nothing lazy fat cunts couldn't run a bath let alone run 7-8 miles and then train another 2-3 times a day while your diet is being reduced to shred the body to the minimum, which in itself causes anger, and mental issues, then on top of that you have terrible family issues, and some of you have the cheek to question and doubt a persons problems and dedication. Frankie Gavin is one of the most naturally talented boxers around, one of the top 3 amateurs these shores have ever produced, his boxing brain and abilitys are world class, when he's on form there's no one in Europe that can touch him now at this stage in his career, people wonder why people take there own life's, well maybe because of views that cunts like most of you lot have is one of the reasons. We should get behind the young lads and give them massive support, not put them down. And for some of you cunts making comments about the Olympics, the weight issue fault lies higher up the chain than with Frankie Gavin. He had not boxed at lightweight for a very long time and the gb team knew it, his last fight at lightweight was when he'd won the worlds in Chicago, and he'd struggled before that, instead they tried to be clever and take other boxers at light welter and welter instead of Frankie to make a strong squad, they ****ed up and they knew it, the other 2 fighters got knocked out the competition straight away when Frankie Gavin could of won gold at either weight. So fuk faces before you start talking shit, find out some real facts. WANKERS
Guv'nor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum