Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
boxingcrazy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Frank Buglioni

I've watched Frank Buglioni boxing a few times and most of my mates reckon he could be a big thing in the future getting to European or even word level.

I just can't see it.

I mean he seems to hit hard and looks quite big at the weight but imo he just looks like an accident waiting to happen, he was getting hit clean from Jody Meikle last night and after being tagged he would start swinging punches with his chin in the air just waiting to be hit. He also seems pretty crude and nothing seems to flow, it all seems really forced and robotic.

Is it just me that is really unimpressed or is there real skill there and he just hasn't shown it yet?

I think he might get to the British title level but I see him being badly exposed at any level higher.

What is your opinion on Frank Buglioni?
boxingcrazy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Frank Buglioni

Its very rare you get to see fighters first 5 fights. Normally you don't see them until they get to title level unless you go to cards reguarly.

Gavin Rees, Ricky Burns, Nicky Cook all won world titles. Watch there 5th fight i doubt they looked like they would do it.

I would be suprised of he doesnt win a British title at some point.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
boxingcrazy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
Its very rare you get to see fighters first 5 fights. Normally you don't see them until they get to title level unless you go to cards reguarly.

Gavin Rees, Ricky Burns, Nicky Cook all won world titles. Watch there 5th fight i doubt they looked like they would do it.

I would be suprised of he doesnt win a British title at some point.
I agree with the British title level but don't you agree that unless he can keep composed and get that chin down that he will get sparked by the first big puncher he faces?
boxingcrazy is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict

vCash: 756

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsey View Post
its very rare you get to see fighters first 5 fights. Normally you don't see them until they get to title level unless you go to cards reguarly.

Gavin rees, ricky burns, nicky cook all won world titles. Watch there 5th fight i doubt they looked like they would do it.

I would be suprised of he doesnt win a british title at some point.
+1
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

He'll have to learn to discipline himself, in the knowledge that not everyone will just fall over.

I'd get him eight rounds next time out. See how he likes that.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

I can't see what all the hype is about to be honest.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

He's good to watch, heard he's a very humble, hard working lad as well.

What worries me is his lack of punch variety and basic fundamentals, needs to be back in the gym on Monday, work on the jab, feints and get Mark Tibbs to get the body bag out, he was head hunting last night.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

He is good to watch as BA said, but I don't think everyone would be talking about him so highly if he didn't sell that many tickets
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
He is good to watch as BA said, but I don't think everyone would be talking about him so highly if he didn't sell that many tickets
That's very true, swear he shifted 300 tickets for last night didn't he? That's some going, especially considering he was in with a Journeyman.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #10
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

If i was managing him i would get him some fights up north away from the fans that way he can stay a bit more focused and learn more.

He does quite a few things well, some not so well. I dont think he has any major flaws that cannot be fixed. If he only wins a British title i wouldnt be shocked but if he went further and even won a world title based on what we have seen it wouldnt be unthinkable. He will get opportunites due to the fanbase he is building.

Its nice to see a fighter with a good following. They seem mostly good natured compared to some other fighters fans. And the fighter himself seems like a nice guy.

By the way I am from the same place as him so you would expect more biased words.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

He decent enough for how young & inexperienced he is. Nowhere near the finished article yet but there's clearly some talent there.

Anyone with that level of support will get plenty of opportunities, I think he'll be in some fun fights in the future.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #12
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
That's very true, swear he shifted 300 tickets for last night didn't he? That's some going, especially considering he was in with a Journeyman.
Yeah that's an amazing about for what, his 5th fight? I can't remember too many shifting those numbers at such an early stage.

As for Rob saying take the kid up north, it would be shooting yourself in the food as a promotor. I understand why you would (get away from the pressure etc), but as a promotor, you are almost guaranteeing yourself a packed house. I'd let the fan base grow even more before taking him away
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
Makingweight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
If i was managing him i would get him some fights up north away from the fans that way he can stay a bit more focused and learn more.

He does quite a few things well, some not so well. I dont think he has any major flaws that cannot be fixed. If he only wins a British title i wouldnt be shocked but if he went further and even won a world title based on what we have seen it wouldnt be unthinkable. He will get opportunites due to the fanbase he is building.

Its nice to see a fighter with a good following. They seem mostly good natured compared to some other fighters fans. And the fighter himself seems like a nice guy.

By the way I am from the same place as him so you would expect more biased words.
Good points but in the early stages of any career you do generally get a cut from ticket sales so i can't really see him as the 'away' fighter for a good while.

If you sell enough tickets it does open doors for you & you also get the added bonus of the hometown decisions in close fights cynical i know!

He will if he develops to above domestic level be asked all the questions you pose time will tell in his case.
Makingweight is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
England Is Epic
Don't hate the player!!!

I like him as fighter. Last night I was impressed, the dude he was fighting was awkward and was show boating every time he got hit (often). Frank stayed disciplined and didn't lose his head. He needs to go through the gears more though
England Is Epic is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
boxing_source
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I was told by a someone who trains at the TKO gym that Billy Joe Saunders has put him over several times in sparring.
boxing_source is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum