boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #16
Big George
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,835
vCash: 500
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I can only see one winner in that fight and think its a one sided affair.

The fights at SMW, where Dawson hasnt fought for years.

Dawson has no SMW pedigree of note. None. In fact Dawson jumped out of SMW to miss Calzaghe when he was almost in line to fight him. People may say Dawson wanted to fight Calzaghe, but look at the full picture. Dawson wins the WBO NABO SMW title to line himself up, then jumps up to SMW, yet now years later he can fight at SMW. Odd.

Dawsons best wins are over much older fighters, consider Johnson/Tarver are 14/15 years older than Dawson, and both have been very exposed. Yet some felt Johnson beat Dawson and at SMW, Johnson isnt very good at all and lost more than he has won.
Dawsons best win is a MD over a fighter 18 years older than him.
Adamek wasnt a good LHW at all, and I dont take much notice from that. Who did Adamek beat at LHW? He went to the limit with Briggs twice who was KOd by a jab.

Ward likes to fight in close and I think he will hold Dawson and work in close where I dont think Chad will be comfortable.

Look at the form line when Dawson fought someone who would jump in against him in Pascal.

I think people get fooled because they recognise the name Tarver and call it a big win.

Neither has fought a prime top fighter in their division, but Ward has fought in better class and especially at SMW.

I said that Pascal would beat Dawson, due to the fact Dawsons wins were not over prime top fighters, and that hasnt changed.
There is only one winner in this fight and afterwards people will claim its an amazing win, but you read it here first.

Easy win for Ward over a fighter who isnt a top SMW.
In reality. Nobody gave a **** about Joey Cokehead. He wasn't on anybody's agenda or radar. At the time, as active as COke was, HBO or Showtime was still looking elsewhere to build a star and that's all Dawsons camp gave a **** about. Successful or not in marketing, to the Dawson camp Joey Cokehead was a non- issue. Nobody to run from at all!
Big George is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #17
Ramón
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 420
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

No, man. No one can easily beat Dawson. No one!

If Dawson isn't weight-drained, which I don't think he is, he's got a 40% chance at least. If he can handle Hopkins, he can handle Ward too, style-wise.
Ramón is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #18
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SS Enterprise
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Its a no brainer at 168, no interest. Would love to see Ward move up. I still favour him handily at 175, but it would be a lot more interesting. At 168 is a joke
Dawson has no business fighting at 168. He rehydrates up to 191, which means his going to have to cut around 10 lbs of mostly muscle to make the smw limit. Bad move on his part.
general zod is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #19
Ripple633
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I can only see one winner in that fight and think its a one sided affair.

The fights at SMW, where Dawson hasnt fought for years.

Dawson has no SMW pedigree of note. None. In fact Dawson jumped out of SMW to miss Calzaghe when he was almost in line to fight him. People may say Dawson wanted to fight Calzaghe, but look at the full picture. Dawson wins the WBO NABO SMW title to line himself up, then jumps up to SMW, yet now years later he can fight at SMW. Odd.

Dawsons best wins are over much older fighters, consider Johnson/Tarver are 14/15 years older than Dawson, and both have been very exposed. Yet some felt Johnson beat Dawson and at SMW, Johnson isnt very good at all and lost more than he has won.
Dawsons best win is a MD over a fighter 18 years older than him.
Adamek wasnt a good LHW at all, and I dont take much notice from that. Who did Adamek beat at LHW? He went to the limit with Briggs twice who was KOd by a jab.

Ward likes to fight in close and I think he will hold Dawson and work in close where I dont think Chad will be comfortable.

Look at the form line when Dawson fought someone who would jump in against him in Pascal.

I think people get fooled because they recognise the name Tarver and call it a big win.

Neither has fought a prime top fighter in their division, but Ward has fought in better class and especially at SMW.

I said that Pascal would beat Dawson, due to the fact Dawsons wins were not over prime top fighters, and that hasnt changed.
There is only one winner in this fight and afterwards people will claim its an amazing win, but you read it here first.

Easy win for Ward over a fighter who isnt a top SMW.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!

Go to 2:35

John Scully "Dawson came in to Camp (for Hopkins II) at around 180."


And the bookies have Dawson as a +225 favorite against Ward. Dawson has the physical advantages that Ward lacks. He's bigger, he's faster, has a better jab and just as skilled. I can see Dawson imposing his workrate on Ward.
Ripple633 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #20
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montenegro
Posts: 5,953
vCash: 461
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Before Froch beat Bute, many felt Ward would lose to Bute and Ward seemed very wary of Bute and didnt want to know.
With the fact that Ward isnt a massive puncher, I think Ward/Bute is 50/50 at this time.

Fact is Chad has no SMW pedigree of note
Yes guys that believed the hype, those who said Bute would beat Ward also said Bute would destroy Froch easy, but look what happened!
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #21
Pound4poundx
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishFightfan View Post
So far he is head and shoulders above any SMW and LHW.. Ward is truely a special fighter..
True dat! However, people still whine about his needing an unfair advantage.
Pound4poundx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #22
Pound4poundx
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripple633 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!

Go to 2:35

John Scully "Dawson came in to Camp (for Hopkins II) at around 180."


And the bookies have Dawson as a +225 favorite against Ward. Dawson has the physical advantages that Ward lacks. He's bigger, he's faster, has a better jab and just as skilled. I can see Dawson imposing his workrate on Ward.
Work rate? Dawson isn't a busy fighter at all. In fact, that is his main flaw.
Pound4poundx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #23
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,311
vCash: 607
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02 View Post
After seeing Bute exposed by a fighter Ward toyed with, I doubt those people still feel Bute has any chance to beat the 168 kingpin.
Styles make fights. Pascal, beat Dawson but lost to Hopkins who Dawson beat.
Ward doesnt have Frochs power and in close would have to take Butes body shots. Do you think Ward would hurt Bute like Froch did? I havent seen Ward hurt anyone else too much and Green took him the distance yet old SMW journeyman Johnson KOd Green in the very next fight.
Froch fought a different fight against Bute.
Froch when he doesnt have a belt is a different animal to when he does. Look at how he beat Pascal, Abraham and Bute to how lazy he can be when he has a belt
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #24
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,311
vCash: 607
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy112 View Post
Ward has a real chance of retiring undefeated. He's that good.
He has a chance, the divisions are weak at this time and he is only fighting leftovers.
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #25
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,311
vCash: 607
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
In reality. Nobody gave a **** about Joey Cokehead. He wasn't on anybody's agenda or radar. At the time, as active as COke was, HBO or Showtime was still looking elsewhere to build a star and that's all Dawsons camp gave a **** about. Successful or not in marketing, to the Dawson camp Joey Cokehead was a non- issue. Nobody to run from at all!
Right , so nobody cared about Joe, yet Dawson jumped a division away from him to fight in the weaker LHW division against exposed Tarver and Johnson and then after Calzaghe retired, Dawson cared enough to say he wanted to fight him .
What is Wards biggest win? Oh yeah a Calzaghe leftover, but nobody cared about him. Got it
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #26
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,311
vCash: 607
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripple633 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!

Go to 2:35

John Scully "Dawson came in to Camp (for Hopkins II) at around 180."


And the bookies have Dawson as a +225 favorite against Ward. Dawson has the physical advantages that Ward lacks. He's bigger, he's faster, has a better jab and just as skilled. I can see Dawson imposing his workrate on Ward.
Well then you will see just how fantastic this prediction is.
Dawson is no SMW and done nothing at the weight, or beaten anyone of real prime top note
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #27
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,311
vCash: 607
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
Yes guys that believed the hype, those who said Bute would beat Ward also said Bute would destroy Froch easy, but look what happened!
Same people also rated Dirrell and STILL do
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #28
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

I dont see Dawson gettin easily beat

I also dont see why Ward doesnt move up for it, its the chance to win a title at another weight, i mean unlesss he wants to ask Dawson to put his title on the line 2 cause technically its under 175

i feel though that if Ward is to dominate Dawson it would entice him to move up, and then to win the title he would have to fight Dawson again, I say why not move up then give yourself options

unless Bute can make a turn around or Froch can make himself more interesting there arent any fights at 168 that make sense, at 175 he has guys like Pascal Cloud shumenov Hopkins Campillo and a few others, 175 has a lot to offer

Any way off the tangent we just saw Dawson fight a very good intelligent performance vs a guy whose job description is to beat you by taking away your game and making him fight his fight, however Ward is much younger than Hopkins and at his age i thought Hopkins was ripe to lose after Pascal 2 we just had to wait til Dawson 2 to see it

Ward is coming off a very long lay off, he is fighting the fastest guy he has faced, the most technically sound guy he has faced, and a taller bigger guy

I mean unless cutting weight hurts him Dawson will have plenty of advantages

Also people mention the Pascal fight, that was a different animal, an unorthodox power puncher who fights in spurts and charges in and fires and gets out....Ward doesnt fight anything like that....Also that was a very bad performance by chad i think its safe to say he had an off night and still almost came back, he had Pascal in lots of trouble

Dawsons no KO guy but he can hurt guys and I think with the right shot he can hurt Ward

I see this as a 50/50 fight
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #29
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 1406
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Well then you will see just how fantastic this prediction is.
Dawson is no SMW and done nothing at the weight, or beaten anyone of real prime top note
So to you, if cotto had beaten pbf, it wouldnt have been impressive because pbf hasnt established at 154 yet?
reed_man02 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #30
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 14,311
vCash: 607
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02 View Post
So to you, if cotto had beaten pbf, it wouldnt have been impressive because pbf hasnt established at 154 yet?
Floyd had pedigree at 154, he had been a champ at the weight, and was going up in weight, not down.
I get what you are trying to say, so lets look at another example.
If A Berto was being forced down to LWW to fight Khan, im not sure how good a win it would be as Berto is a full WW, with no LWW pedigree
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015