Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #31
jawbreaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I think that Ward will easily beat Dawson. Easily.

Dawson beats Ward at any weight...

What has Ward done that makes him so unbeatable? Mauled his way through the Super Six? Out boxed Froch? The guy who got out boxed by Jermaine Taylor for most of that fight? Going the distance with Green? Green the guy that got stopped by Kessler and Johnson? GTFOH...

Last edited by jawbreaker; 06-02-2012 at 09:42 AM.
jawbreaker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #32
GDG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Dawson is the most overrated fighter in all boxing IMO. He's lucky LHW is lacking in top drawer talent....but he's still the guy that lost to Pascal and Johnson (IMO).

He has natural skill, but akin to someone like Linares, flashy talent isn't going to make you a top fighter.

The only person I think has even a remote chance of beating Ward at 168 / 175 is Dirrel (presuming he's 100%). I'd still put a lot of money on Ward though, it pains me to say it but he's a very special fighter.
GDG is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #33
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDG View Post
Dawson is the most overrated fighter in all boxing IMO. He's lucky LHW is lacking in top drawer talent....but he's still the guy that lost to Pascal and Johnson (IMO).
I had Johnson winning their first fight by 2 points and Dawson had no business losing to a fighter like Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDG View Post
He has natural skill, but akin to someone like Linares, flashy talent isn't going to make you a top fighter..
I think his main problem is his mind set which he is going to have to change if he wants to stick around.
general zod is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #34
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
Dawson beats Ward at any weight...
I would Favour Dawson at lhw, but not at a weight he hasnt fought at in years.
general zod is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #35
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I can only see one winner in that fight and think its a one sided affair.

The fights at SMW, where Dawson hasnt fought for years.

Dawson has no SMW pedigree of note. None. In fact Dawson jumped out of SMW to miss Calzaghe when he was almost in line to fight him. People may say Dawson wanted to fight Calzaghe, but look at the full picture. Dawson wins the WBO NABO SMW title to line himself up, then jumps up to SMW, yet now years later he can fight at SMW. Odd.

Dawsons best wins are over much older fighters, consider Johnson/Tarver are 14/15 years older than Dawson, and both have been very exposed. Yet some felt Johnson beat Dawson and at SMW, Johnson isnt very good at all and lost more than he has won.
Dawsons best win is a MD over a fighter 18 years older than him.
Adamek wasnt a good LHW at all, and I dont take much notice from that. Who did Adamek beat at LHW? He went to the limit with Briggs twice who was KOd by a jab.

Ward likes to fight in close and I think he will hold Dawson and work in close where I dont think Chad will be comfortable.

Look at the form line when Dawson fought someone who would jump in against him in Pascal.

I think people get fooled because they recognise the name Tarver and call it a big win.

Neither has fought a prime top fighter in their division, but Ward has fought in better class and especially at SMW.

I said that Pascal would beat Dawson, due to the fact Dawsons wins were not over prime top fighters, and that hasnt changed.
There is only one winner in this fight and afterwards people will claim its an amazing win, but you read it here first.

Easy win for Ward over a fighter who isnt a top SMW.
classic boxrecian analysis from chief Boxrec scholar bailey. In fact, it's going to be a close fight as anyone who actually watches boxing can tell that Chad Dawson is a very, very good fighter who will present problems for Ward with his height, good jab, defense, and athletic ability.

And a boxrecian tidbit just for bailey: Dawson beat Hopkins better than Calzaghe did
conraddobler is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #36
Chappy112
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4000

Quote:
He has a chance, the divisions are weak at this time and he is only fighting leftovers.
Don't think they are weak. Certainly not the greatest they've been but not weak.
Chappy112 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #37
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Dawson is a better and more proven fighter than Ward. At 175, he beats him convincingly.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #38
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

Dawson has no SMW pedigree of note. None. In fact Dawson jumped out of SMW to miss Calzaghe when he was almost in line to fight him. People may say Dawson wanted to fight Calzaghe, but look at the full picture. Dawson wins the WBO NABO SMW title to line himself up, then jumps up to SMW, yet now years later he can fight at SMW. Odd.

Dawsons best wins are over much older fighters, consider Johnson/Tarver are 14/15 years older than Dawson, and both have been very exposed. Yet some felt Johnson beat Dawson and at SMW, Johnson isnt very good at all and lost more than he has won.
Adamek wasnt a good LHW at all, and I dont take much notice from that. Who did Adamek beat at LHW? He went to the limit with Briggs twice who was KOd by a jab.

Ward likes to fight in close and I think he will hold Dawson and work in close where I dont think Chad will be comfortable.

Look at the form line when Dawson fought someone who would jump in against him in Pascal.

I think people get fooled because they recognise the name Tarver and call it a big win.

Neither has fought a prime top fighter in their division, but Ward has fought in better class and especially at SMW.

I said that Pascal would beat Dawson, due to the fact Dawsons wins were not over prime top fighters, and that hasnt changed.
There is only one winner in this fight and afterwards people will claim its an amazing win, but you read it here first.

Easy Keep that opinion to yourself .. You really don't know boxing then if you think this will be a cake walk for Ward ..This isn't Bute now ..
Imperial1 is online now  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #39
jawbreaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Dawson beats Ward at any weight...you will see
jawbreaker is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #40
Icanteach2005
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by conraddobler View Post
classic boxrecian analysis from chief Boxrec scholar bailey. In fact, it's going to be a close fight as anyone who actually watches boxing can tell that Chad Dawson is a very, very good fighter who will present problems for Ward with his height, good jab, defense, and athletic ability.

And a boxrecian tidbit just for bailey: Dawson beat Hopkins better than Calzaghe did

Thank you for exposing this a Ward Hater Bait Thread.. How can a Ward Hater.. A Joe C nut hugger.. and Boxrec educated fan have the nerve to put up this froad of a predection and back it up with fluff.. **** OFF FAILIEY.. Beside the pack of haters you run with... You have nothing relevant to add to the BOXING Community.. (SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Easy Keep that opinion to yourself .. You really don't know boxing then if you think this will be a cake walk for Ward ..This isn't Bute now ..
Amen
Icanteach2005 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #41
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

I think bailey is really trying to say that with a win over Dawson he should be considered he greatest SMW of all time. I know the division has a very limited history and talent pool so its not a very big accomplishment but yeah, I gotta agree with bailey for once WARD WILL BE THE GOAT @ SMW very soon (and I am a Bute fan and hate is SOG bullshit)

You all have to admit that Ward was Floydesque is his win over Froch who looked like a rookie. This is the same Froch who shat on another British SMW record in only a few years. Yes, I agree with bailey this is a great era for the SMW division (easily the best), it has finally grown out of the shadows of the LHW and MW divisions. It is now greater than a regional belt and a the ugly sister.

Yes, when the Prime SMW champ fights the Prime LHW champ He should be the favourite. However, we all know that this same LHW champ as avoided by all of the top fighters in the SMW division so had no choice to move up to LHW and it was only by chance that BHOP did not have another big name to fight that he got his shot. and this same LHW champ was the only one to clearly beat BHOP since RJJ.

You gotta love it when two GREAT fighters fight each other in their primes and not when one is shot to shit and they are both trying to cash out. It is clear that the one who wins this fight will have claimed the biggest scalp between 160 and 200lbs and for that they both deserve respect
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #42
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

@ 168, I'm sure he will too. . . @ 175, eh, not sure, but still think Ward would find a way to win.
king khan is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #43
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by conraddobler View Post

Im surprised when youi think Hopkins was shot having his best wins that you would say Dawson beat him better when he didnt land as much or have Hopkins looking for time out and had a ref that wouldnt let Hopkins hold. Still Dawson lost to Pascal whom lost to Froch who lost to Kessler... You get the idea wimp
bailey is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #44
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

People are actually picking Dawson ? Wow.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #45
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

The question is would Ward's punches cause the glass heart of Dawson to just give up?

If the answer is yes, then Ward wins.

However, I doubt Dawson can really fight effectively at 168.
pejevan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum