Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #46
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461
Default Re: Tarver:"Any excuses tonight Roy?" Classic!!!

I still like Roys 60 40 and you get your ass kicked!
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #47
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Tarver deserves full credit for his KO of still prime Roy.(and this is coming from a confessed RoyBoy)
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #48
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
I don't believe he 'deserves' much credit at all. Prime for Prime, Roy destroys him every time. What did Tarver do since that victory? Beaten by Johnson (Yes, I know Tarver beat him next time out), taken apart by Hopkins and Chad Dawson, twice. I believe the high regard some people hold him in is completely unwarranted, and that's my opinion. Now, get off my nuts.
Bitch, I will get off your nuts when you STFU and admit you're a hating lil faggot. We can go all day on this fighter vs. that fighter, primes only. Guess what though? We don't live in that fantasy world, ****tard. Also, Clinton Woods and Danny Green are solid names, he beat them. So what if he lost to Hopkins, Hopkins beats everyone practically. Dawson was just better and younger.

We can keep going all day, cause you're wrong.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #49
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargasfan1985 View Post
Bitch, I will get off your nuts when you STFU and admit you're a hating lil faggot. We can go all day on this fighter vs. that fighter, primes only. Guess what though? We don't live in that fantasy world, ****tard. Also, Clinton Woods and Danny Green are solid names, he beat them. So what if he lost to Hopkins, Hopkins beats everyone practically. Dawson was just better and younger.

We can keep going all day, cause you're wrong.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] .

What age are you, 15? Tryin' to sound like a big man on the internetz.

We don't have to live in a fantasy world. Prime condition is important when talking about a boxer's performance in a given fight. Obvious to most people, but not you apparently. I'm sorry, but 35 year old Roy who's reflexes were clearly slowing and who'd just come down from a fight at Heavyweight which did his body no good was NOT prime. Look, I give Tarver a little credit for the win, but not much. To me he's a B level fighter at best. Get the **** out of here talking about Danny Green.

If Tarver hadn't been fortunate enough to meet Roy Jones at the right time when he was in decline, you'd barely know who the **** he is, and he wouldn't really be talked about today, that's for ****ing sure, or he'd be talked about truly for what he is, B level. Take Roy Jones' name out of his resume and it's a few solid victories but losses in the big fights that mattered.

So you keep bangin' on about paying a guy the "respect he deserves" all you like, and I'll keep telling you he doesn't deserve it. At least, he doesn't deserve any more credit than any boxer who puts in the training and hard work. I'll give that much respect to any fighter. Sorry though, B level fighter, at best.

Last edited by Smokin' Joe; 06-02-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #50
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] .

What age are you, 15? Tryin' to sound like a big man on the internetz.

We don't have to live in a fantasy world. Prime condition is important when talking about a boxer's performance in a given fight, obvious to most people, but not you apparently. I'm sorry, but 35 year old Roy who's reflexes were clearly slowing and who'd just come down from a fight at Heavyweight which did his body no good was NOT prime. Look, I give Tarver a little credit for the win, but not much. To me he's a B level fighter at best. Get the **** out of here talking about Danny Green.

If Tarver hadn't been fortunate enough to meet Roy Jones at the right time when he was in decline, you'd barely know who the **** he is, and he wouldn't really be talked about today, that's for ****ing sure, or talked about truly for what he is, B level. Take Roy Jones' name out of his resume and it's a few solid victories but losses in the big fights that mattered.

So you keep bangin' on about paying a guy the "respect he deserves" all you like, and I'll keep telling you he doesn't deserve it. At least, he doesn't deserve any more credit than any boxer who puts in the training and hard work. I'll give that much respect to any fighter. Sorry though, B level fighter, at best.
Yeah, you're right. I am 15 ****ing years old. Congradu****inglations on that whack ass insult. Tarver was calling Roy out for YEARS. Why didn't Roy fight him before moving to heavy? Cause Roy figured he was a SCRUB. Well, Roy was in for a surprise when he almost lost the first fight and got ass drilled in the rematch.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #51
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. I am 15 ****ing years old. Congradu****inglations on that whack ass insult. Tarver was calling Roy out for YEARS. Why didn't Roy fight him before moving to heavy? Cause Roy figured he was a SCRUB. Well, Roy was in for a surprise when he almost lost the first fight and got ass drilled in the rematch.
Roy ducked Tarver for the same reason he ducked DM, because he had and has no Chin whatsoever and he NEVER fought guys with the aggression to make him fight and the skill and power to hurt him. The two times he did face fighters who were dangerous, i.e. Toney and Hopkins, he postured and circled more than he punched and both bouts were complete stinkers.

Also, Roy was not shot when Tarver and Johnson destroyed him. In the third Tarver fight he had flashes of brilliance where you saw that he could beat Tarver if he would engage rather than fighting safety-first to protect that Fragile Glass Mandible. Unfortunately, when faced with pressure and adversity Glass Jaw Roy never failed to fold like a lawn chair.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #52
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Yeah Tarver was callng Roy out for "Years" but he certainly wasn't helping his case getting beat up and jaw all broke against harding or harmon or whoever the hell it was
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #53
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

he got mad when Mcgirt said the word respect
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #54
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

Quote:

He was right.

What about this are you not getting? PRIME Roy would have destroyed Tarver. Probably didn't even register on Roy's radar initially. Then, when Tarver did get his chance, he took two fights to beat a badly faded Jones and he basically built the rest of his career and made a lot of money on the back of facing Roy at the perfect time. Ergo, he's not that good.. B level.. Ordinary.. whatever way you want to put it. Comprende?
Old 06-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #55
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tarver best an old past prime Roy who had to lose all that weight , Roy in his prime would school him
ajackman1 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #56
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
He was right.

What about this are you not getting? PRIME Roy would have destroyed Tarver. Probably didn't even register on Roy's radar initially. Then, when Tarver did get his chance, he took two fights to beat a badly faded Jones and he basically built the rest of his career and made a lot of money on the back of facing Roy at the perfect time. Ergo, he's not that good.. B level.. Ordinary.. whatever way you want to put it. Comprende?
Tarver is basically a one hit wonder
ajackman1 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #57
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajackman1 View Post
Tarver best an old past prime Roy who had to lose all that weight , Roy in his prime would school him
Why's it so hard for some people to accept?

Even some of his better performances, against decent/mediocre opposition, he didn't exactly look a million dollars, never set the world on fire. Ordinary, ordinary fighter.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #58
El Fijador
¡Aguas! Donaire
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
He was right.

Yea Tarver didn't register on Roy's rader, he was looking for those ATG type guys he fought in his prime not bum ass Tarver. He wanted someone more like shot blown up lightweight Vinny Paz who was destroyed by Uncle Roger at 28 less pounds than Roy fought him. Vinny didn't want a rematch thou so he picked Tarver
El Fijador is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #59
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Why's it so hard for some people to accept?

Even some of his better performances, against decent/mediocre opposition, he didn't exactly look a million dollars, never set the world on fire. Ordinary, ordinary fighter.
I already said, prime 4 prime, I don't care. Roy met Tarver when he decided to meet Tarver. Had he met him before going to heavy, then coming down in weight, maybe he makes Tarver his ho. Didn't happen that way. Roy was not shot when he fought Tarver. Past his best? Probably. Shot, not able to compete, washed up, not even ****ing close. If he was, more people would have picked Tarver to win.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #60
rorschach51
Bam Bam Warrior!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Tremendous lol.
rorschach51 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum