Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #61
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276
Default Re: Tarver:"Any excuses tonight Roy?" Classic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargasfan1985 View Post
I already said, prime 4 prime, I don't care. Roy met Tarver when he decided to meet Tarver. Had he met him before going to heavy, then coming down in weight, maybe he makes Tarver his ho. Didn't happen that way. Roy was not shot when he fought Tarver. Past his best? Probably. Shot, not able to compete, washed up, not even ****ing close. If he was, more people would have picked Tarver to win.

Well, Prime for prime, I do care. Tarver is an ordinary fighter who met Roy at the right time, nothin' more. I see him as a B level fighter. Therefore I don't see the need to give him the respect you think I should. That's my opinion. Don't like it? Hit the road, Jack!
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #62
Snakefist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Fijador View Post
Yea Tarver didn't register on Roy's rader, he was looking for those ATG type guys he fought in his prime not bum ass Tarver. He wanted someone more like shot blown up lightweight Vinny Paz who was destroyed by Uncle Roger at 28 less pounds than Roy fought him. Vinny didn't want a rematch thou so he picked Tarver
Lol wrong weight class, wrong time, and completely irrelevant. Tarver wanted a shot at around 2000, but he had done **** all to even be considered. Anyways, within that year Tarver and Eric Harding fought each other, it was an elimination bout. But it just so happened Harding dominated Tarver and broke his jaw. I saw some of it, Tarvwer got his ass beat. So RJJ didn't pull a mayweather and fight Judah when he loss to Baldomir, instead he fought the man who beat Tarvers ass, who was undefeated. RJJ won, but Harding did manage to win some rounds off of him, which didn't happen to a prime Jones.

Ironically,before Tarver got his shot at Jones again, him and Harding fought once again for the top spot. In this fight, Harding was outboxing him (winning the fight) then Tarver hurt him and started to land what seems to be at least 6 big right hands in succession to get a KD... then he got up and was allowed to continue only to get 5 more right loaded up hands and it was stopped.
Snakefist is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #63
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefist View Post
Lol wrong weight class, wrong time, and completely irrelevant. Tarver wanted a shot at around 2000, but he had done **** all to even be considered. Anyways, within that year Tarver and Eric Harding fought each other, it was an elimination bout. But it just so happened Harding dominated Tarver and broke his jaw. I saw some of it, Tarvwer got his ass beat. So RJJ didn't pull a mayweather and fight Judah when he loss to Baldomir, instead he fought the man who beat Tarvers ass, who was undefeated. RJJ won, but Harding did manage to win some rounds off of him, which didn't happen to a prime Jones.

Ironically,before Tarver got his shot at Jones again, him and Harding fought once again for the top spot. In this fight, Harding was outboxing him (winning the fight) then Tarver hurt him and started to land what seems to be at least 6 big right hands in succession to get a KD... then he got up and was allowed to continue only to get 5 more right loaded up hands and it was stopped.
So, in other words, Harding got KTFO.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum