Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Bigger cherrypicker ?
Mayweather 68 59.13%
Pacquiao 47 40.87%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,859
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Fighting Barrera, Marquez and Morales a total of 8 times means you can never be considered a cherrypicker.

Absurd thread.

^ This !!

And now Bradley !!
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 661
vCash: 1945
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Pacquiao no doubt:

Cotto coming off a loss
Clottey shit
Oscar weight drained ghost
Hatton just got KO'd
Margarito weight drained
Mosley coming off a loss
Marquez they thought he was old and still lost lol

Mayweather however

DLH just destroyed Mayorga
Hatton undefeated
Marquez top 3 p4p
Mosley just stopped teh unstoppable Margarito
Ortiz prime looked like a monster vs berto who was also on peds
Cotto at his natural weight just after his biggest career win
biglemon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #18
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,439
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Actually, when you really try hard enough you can make a case for either guy as a cherrypicker.

This has been discussed countless times already.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #19
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

lol this should be a public poll and should have never been a question in the first place. pac was just in his 2nd year (2nd fight actually) in WW when he first fought an elite WW in cotto. floyd took 4 or 5 years in WW to fight an elite in mosley which is too old and was shot already when floyd fought him.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #20
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,987
vCash: 14814
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

recently easily pacquiao.
Auracle21 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,439
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Looking back, Marquez was percieved to be a cherrypick, but honestly, Marquez is a legend in his own right, and is actually better conditioned when he fought atWW the 2nd time around.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
Big George
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,896
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_g.o.a.t View Post
I voted Floyd because...

He fought a washed up Delahoya and Mosley, he also fought Hatton at his lowest point and hasn't fought anyone under the age of 25 recently...Oh wait
And he fought all those guys 2 years before Pac did?
Big George is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #23
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,858
vCash: 1038
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Neither.
chico g is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #24
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,201
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Fighting Barrera, Marquez and Morales a total of 8 times means you can never be considered a cherrypicker.

Absurd thread.
Actually what you said makes the case for him being a cherry picker. The first barrera fight you got to give him credit for becuase barrera was the king at 126, the second fight however was meaningless because barrera was well past his best and coming off a loss to marquez. Pacquiao did fight a shot morales who was coming off a loss twice. People forget than before the rematch between pacquiao and morales, that morales was coming off a loss to zahir raheem in a fight morales only won about 2 rounds at best. Plus he forced morales down in weight at 130 a weight morales completely outgrew, hence why morales almost fainted at the weight. Plus look how long it took for pacquiao camp to give marquez a 3rd fight, they avoided him for 4 years and fought him a welterweight, after he looked awful at the weight against floyd.
ajackman1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,201
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
^ This !!

And now Bradley !!
But the only reason they are fighting bradley is becuase cotto refused to come down to 147. Pacquiao first choice was cotto rematch at 147 not bradley. Cotto offered to do 150 but pacquiao turned it down
ajackman1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #26
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajackman1 View Post
Actually what you said makes the case for him being a cherry picker. The first barrera fight you got to give him credit for becuase barrera was the king at 126, the second fight however was meaningless because barrera was well past his best and coming off a loss to marquez. Pacquiao did fight a shot morales who was coming off a loss twice. People forget than before the rematch between pacquiao and morales, that morales was coming off a loss to zahir raheem in a fight morales only won about 2 rounds at best. Plus he forced morales down in weight at 130 a weight morales completely outgrew, hence why morales almost fainted at the weight. Plus look how long it took for pacquiao camp to give marquez a 3rd fight, they avoided him for 4 years and fought him a welterweight, after he looked awful at the weight against floyd.

the 2nd barrera fight is because it's the first time in years that barrera felt he is ready to face pac again. it was a fight that resulted in TR-GBP peace that resulted in other great match-ups like mosley-cotto. also barrera at that time gave marquez a tough match-up and pac took the marquez fight next.

the morales figth was pac moving up again from 126 to 130. pac has fought barrera, marquez and morales in just a span of 1 year and 4 months. the 2nd morales fight, it was because of the option in the contract that the morales' camp tried to exercise. morales has all the options for rematch win or lose in a possible trilogy fight deal.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #27
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,201
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
lol this should be a public poll and should have never been a question in the first place. pac was just in his 2nd year (2nd fight actually) in WW when he first fought an elite WW in cotto. floyd took 4 or 5 years in WW to fight an elite in mosley which is too old and was shot already when floyd fought him.
But when floyd moved up to welterweight he fought the number 1 and 2 welterweights judah and baldomir. Both judah and baldomir were the best at weight at the time and floyd beating them, made him the lineal champ of the division. Pacquiao win over cotto was good, but he fought cotto at an unnecessary catchweight, and they only picked cotto because they felt he was damaged from the margarito fight. Freddie roach said in an interview to 97ruff "cotto took alot of punishment in that fight and hasnt looked good since that fight" so this is my about the cherry picking. Plus you claim mosley was already shot when floyd fought him but you forget to mention that pacquiao camp turned down a fight with mosley in 2009 because they fought he was too risky. Mosley didnt look shot in his previous fight before floyd against margarito. Funny how after mosley beats margarito and chases a fight with pacquiao but gets turned down by roach becuase roach said he was too dangerous but then as soon as mosley gets dominated by floyd and looks awful in a draw to mora, they are suddenly happy to fight him. Thats my whole point about cherry picking by pacquiao camp
ajackman1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #28
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,493
vCash: 2225
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
floyd took 4 or 5 years in WW to fight an elite in mosley which is too old and was shot already when floyd fought him.
And then Pac fought the same old and shot Mosley in a fight that nobody wanted to see, when Mosley was almost 2 years older and was coming off a HORRIBLE performance against a reality show boxer that earned him a DRAW. I think you just made the argument for us. Pac is the bigger cherrypicker.
Jaguar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #29
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
And then Pac fought the same old and shot Mosley in a fight that nobody wanted to see, when Mosley was almost 2 years older and was coming off a HORRIBLE performance against a reality show boxer that earned him a DRAW. I think you just made the argument for us. Pac is the bigger cherrypicker.
check the dates. pac fought mosley a year after floyd fought him but somehow, it was a great win for floyd but not for pac. meanwhile, floyd fought cotto almost 3 years after pacquiao and somehow, flomos think it was the best version of cotto nevermind that he has more wars, and is slow at the weight.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #30
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 661
vCash: 1945
Default Re: Bigger Cherrypicker ? Mayweather or Pacquiao

puga ni nana is actually the worst poster on esb knows nothing about boxing.
biglemon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013