Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Kirkland - Arm is injured but I would be willing to take the fight for the rite money

Schaeffer kinda threw him under the bus when he said Kirkland wasn't injured and just wanted $2.5 Million.

I am surprised by this to be honest.....I thought the whole situation with Angulo was pretty shitty too.

Anyway Kirkland has come forward to say:

"If I'm going to take a fight like this, and I've got one arm, and it takes time to rehabiltate and to train, then pay me for that," said Kirkland. "I would do that, but pay me for it. If my career is over with after this fight, I want to make sure that I don't walk away with nothing."

Which i personally think is fair, I tore my shoulder last year and it took me 6 months + for it to heal properly granted I am older than Kirkland but it is a serious injury.

Add to the fact that he is an exciting fighter (win, lose or draw) I don't see why GBP don't view him as an asset?
Emeritus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Kirkland - Arm is injured but I would be willing to take the fight for the rite m

If that is the case, which I think it is, asking to be compensated properly is what he should do. GBP is going to make tens of millions off this even, the least they can do is give this man 2.5. Oscar must think Kirkland is a desperate as Mosley and will take 600k.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Default Re: Kirkland - Arm is injured but I would be willing to take the fight for the rite m

Can they move the fight a few months down the line? Maybe by then JK's injury will heal. If not, select someone else for Canelo. It doesn't have to be difficult. I'd like to see Lara get a shot but will settle for someone a little less skilled. As long as we're not seeing Canelo fight a bum or journeyman I'm fine.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
Can they move the fight a few months down the line? Maybe by then JK's injury will heal. If not, select someone else for Canelo. It doesn't have to be difficult. I'd like to see Lara get a shot but will settle for someone a little less skilled. As long as we're not seeing Canelo fight a bum or journeyman I'm fine.
Kirkland was looking to fight in October but I believe GBP have the date and the network money secured hence why they are trying very hard not to move the date and are just changing the opposition.

I don't think GBP want Lara (I like Lara) as he is very skilled and it is likely to cause Canelo THE most problems.....where with Kirkland he stands a very good chance due to the style match up!
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I would be Absolutely shocked if they gave Kirkland 2 million.
pound is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Kirkland's right.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
unloco
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 81

give him the money
unloco is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

If his arm is injured he should not fight. It was an opportunity for him, but his arm prevents him from fighting.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
P5_Boricua
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Injured arm then he shouldnt fight, If im paying for a pay per view then I want both fighters to be 100%
P5_Boricua is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

I think he knows he cant be 100% for September but realises this is a big opportunity for him and he is willing to take it but he just want to ensure he is set should he come out on the losing side.

I personally don't think he should fight till November....but I think GBP could really sell this boy! His fights are exciting....he's not got the best chin (obviously) or skills but he comes to fight.

He could have a really good career.......they NEED to get behind him....the more stars they have the better.

Let Canelo fight Lara and then Kirkland fight a tune up and let them (the winners) go at it in May 13
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #11
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

OK, then he gets the money, go to fight with one hand,we buy a PPV card for 59 bucks,he gets KO ina couple of rounds( i dont think he wins even with both healthy shoulders)... i dont know if i understand what people are saying by "give him the money"...will you really enjoy that fight?
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Kirkland's right, but he should know the industry won't respond to that kind of request. I think everyone's better off just letting him heal first.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
Jai C
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
OK, then he gets the money, go to fight with one hand,we buy a PPV card for 59 bucks,he gets KO ina couple of rounds( i dont think he wins even with both healthy shoulders)... i dont know if i understand what people are saying by "give him the money"...will you really enjoy that fight?
When a statement makes 0 sense, we're not supposed to understand. If I pay someone 2.5 million, they better be 100%.
Jai C is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

This is stupid... Oscar shouldn't let a 1 arm fighter be on a PPV! **** that Bullshit... I want healthy fighters doing battle...

Last edited by slugger3000; 06-03-2012 at 02:30 AM.
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

If Canelo beats an injured Kirkland it won't mean shit!
slugger3000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum