Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Eubank tips Froch!

Former super-middleweight legend Chris Eubank of England gives his verdict on the up-coming Carl Froch-Lucian Bute IBF super-middleweight title showdown in Nottingham, England Saturday. Eubank believes fellow countryman Froch has a strong chance to upset the unbeaten Canadian Bute. “Froch is a fighter of unorthodox, long jabbing and unorthodox, long punching,” Eubank states. “He lengthens and strengthens his world-class jab by standing so side-on that his right shoulder is almost behind him – making it physically impossible for him to throw even a one-two! It’s astonishing,” he revealed.
Eubank then feels Froch needs to improve technically on past fights. “He needs to shorten up his left hook and sharpen up his right hand against a southpaw stance,” he said. “Roy Jones stood in Carl’s right lead stance because he had the ridiculous speed to catch a jab and counter over the top before the opponent could re-set, and it also allowed Jones to turn his body weight to his right side to get off a left hook leap out of the opponent’s vision; which mastered the brash, unbeaten James Toney. The point is it served a purpose there.
“I don’t know if the stance of Froch is of technical value, especially against a good, slick, quick southpaw operator.”
And Eubank’s opinion on Bute?
“Good, neat, conventional southpaw with a world-class left uppercut to the body. He’s the world champion with many defenses of the world title, so he is of immensely high pedigree,” the former WBO king reckons.
“But we know Froch is like liquid metal man from Terminator 2 when he goes toe-to-toe. I just hope he has done his work in sparring, and by that I mean taken enough punishment from sparring partners to the body and head to make his body immune to certain blows, because I don’t think he’s going to land too many left hooks or right hands in this fight without taking punches first.”
And a final prediction from ‘Simply the Best’….
“As a betting man, which I’m not, I’ll go with the unorthodox fighter – Froch.”
Sr himself was involved in titanic 168lb struggles with Michael Watson, Sugar Boy Malinga, Lindell Holmes, Nigel Benn, Graciano Rocchigiani, Steve Collins and Joe Calzaghe. So his opinion is certainly of value!
atberry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Eubank tips Froch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
Former super-middleweight legend Chris Eubank of England gives his verdict on the up-coming Carl Froch-Lucian Bute IBF super-middleweight title showdown in Nottingham, England Saturday. Eubank believes fellow countryman Froch has a strong chance to upset the unbeaten Canadian Bute. “Froch is a fighter of unorthodox, long jabbing and unorthodox, long punching,” Eubank states. “He lengthens and strengthens his world-class jab by standing so side-on that his right shoulder is almost behind him – making it physically impossible for him to throw even a one-two! It’s astonishing,” he revealed.
Eubank then feels Froch needs to improve technically on past fights. “He needs to shorten up his left hook and sharpen up his right hand against a southpaw stance,” he said. “Roy Jones stood in Carl’s right lead stance because he had the ridiculous speed to catch a jab and counter over the top before the opponent could re-set, and it also allowed Jones to turn his body weight to his right side to get off a left hook leap out of the opponent’s vision; which mastered the brash, unbeaten James Toney. The point is it served a purpose there.
“I don’t know if the stance of Froch is of technical value, especially against a good, slick, quick southpaw operator.”
And Eubank’s opinion on Bute?
“Good, neat, conventional southpaw with a world-class left uppercut to the body. He’s the world champion with many defenses of the world title, so he is of immensely high pedigree,” the former WBO king reckons.
“But we know Froch is like liquid metal man from Terminator 2 when he goes toe-to-toe. I just hope he has done his work in sparring, and by that I mean taken enough punishment from sparring partners to the body and head to make his body immune to certain blows, because I don’t think he’s going to land too many left hooks or right hands in this fight without taking punches first.”
And a final prediction from ‘Simply the Best’….
“As a betting man, which I’m not, I’ll go with the unorthodox fighter – Froch.”
Sr himself was involved in titanic 168lb struggles with Michael Watson, Sugar Boy Malinga, Lindell Holmes, Nigel Benn, Graciano Rocchigiani, Steve Collins and Joe Calzaghe. So his opinion is certainly of value!

Atberry, you are yet to let me down. Another great Eubank orientated thread.
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
atberry is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Rocky
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Eubank is a knob nobody cares what he thinks
Rocky is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
BigDave
Journeyman

vCash: 707

“But we know Froch is like liquid metal man from Terminator 2 when he goes toe-to-toe"

Loved that line. It is going to be a test of Froch's body resilience i think, he always looks in shape but traditionally defends his body by taking shots to the head! Eubank mentions sparring, from interviews it often sounds like Carl's main concern in the build-ups, often moaning about the arrangements. I'm stupidly excited now.
BigDave is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldbrew View Post
Then you got

footspeed = Manny Pacquiao

handspeed = Amir Khan
Khan could only DREAM of having Handspeed like Manny.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #8
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Yeah but Khan doesn't punch correctly, easier to punch faster when you're not doing so. Besides, I think for raw handspeed they're pretty similar if you look at what Pacquiao can do shadowboxing. Difference is he isn't a doggy paddler like Amir.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #9
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The picture dude is back it seems
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #10
Icarus Flies
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
“He needs to shorten up his left hook and sharpen up his right hand against a southpaw stance,” he said. “Roy Jones stood in Carl’s right lead stance because he had the ridiculous speed to catch a jab and counter over the top before the opponent could re-set, and it also allowed Jones to turn his body weight to his right side to get off a left hook leap out of the opponent’s vision; which mastered the brash, unbeaten James Toney. The point is it served a purpose there."

So now we know why Chris never fought Roy Jones.
Icarus Flies is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 04:30 AM   #11
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldbrew View Post
Handwork wrap up.
Your a ****ing Mong.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Eubank is a knob nobody cares what he thinks
**** off!
chilli&lemon is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
MyName
Simon Adebisi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 7331

Eubank's quotes are legendary here.

Pretty much agree with him...except for the final prediction.
MyName is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #14
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

That was very accurate. Froch took punches in the first, threw better hooks and crosses, shortened his shots instead of loading long etc.
atberry is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Eubank was spot on. I predicted a Froch victory as well.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum