It doesn't.
Body Head is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #48
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Eubank: RJJ DUCKED Nunn!

“Not even Roy Jones, rated as the best pound-for-pound fighter in history by some writers, would take that fight even when it was mandated to.”

-- Nunn was his mandatory in 97-98
atberry is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #49
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Dawg View Post
Jones lost his skills when he thought it was a good idea to drop 25 pounds of muscle.

Calzaghe had skills but waited until he thought those fighters were past their primes before fighting them.
They waited until Joe was past his best before they fought him. Remember Calzaghe agreed to fight them, they backed out of fighting him. Dont try and rewrite history
bailey is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 AM   #50
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post

Jones only got stopped in his early 30's and after he came back down from HW ..Prior to that he was on a tear for 15 yrs soundly out boxing Hall of Famers Hill ,Johnson Hopkins and Toney !

Meanwhile the guy you love to build up waited for Jones to get brutally KO ed several times before he had enough courage to get on a plane and come to the US ! Lets also not forget that he went 10 yrs with out facing an elite level fighter ! While Jones was being praised for his body of work in over 10 yr span your hero milked his career against B caliber fighters but you want to talk about who fought who When Calzaghe finally stepped up his biggest named opponents they were long past their best ..But hey you want celebrate padded records go ahead ..We all know where who stands where all time !
Explain your term elite level, because other than perhaps Toney, who had a terrible SMW resume and SDs and lucky decisions, what elites was Jones fighting?
Hopkins wasnt elite then, he was a nobody who had no world title experience and couldnt win a world title in his 2nd attempt either.
McCallum wasnt elite then, he had lost to Toney, but also lost to Tiozzo not ong before
Hill was coming straight off a loss from Michalczewski.
So how do you define elite level? Title belts?
bailey is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 04:43 AM   #51
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Eubank is flapping his gums alot lately.

Nobody will fight you Chris, and your son won't go further than domestic level.

S S S Sorry.
Eubank was a quality fighter. But his son looks garbage to me.
oli is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #52
Snakefist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
They waited until Joe was past his best before they fought him. Remember Calzaghe agreed to fight them, they backed out of fighting him. Dont try and rewrite history

Yeah sure! I dont understand why you guys debate, there is always a proof for the others argument. Calzaghe is either a person who ducked the best competition while they were prime, or no one cared to fight him because he was seen as a nobody. It's not rewriting history, its just history has more than your side and agenda. For instance, someone like RJJ doesnt get the benefit of the doubt by you, it is never the other fighters fault that fights didnt happen, but RJJ fault. This is okay because it fits your agenda, but if it is calzaghe then its everyone elses fault, but not his own. You see how that works, how being a fanboy filters everything to support your fanboyism?
Snakefist is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #53
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
“As world champion, what you want to avoid is a southpaw who is 6ft or more and unbeaten or been world champion. Rocchigiani and Calzaghe were fights that no other fighter would take. I took them, even though they weren’t even mandated.
Not even Roy Jones, rated as the best pound-for-pound fighter in history by some writers, would take that fight even when it was mandated to.”
AnotherFan is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 05:12 AM   #54
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Nunn was Roy's mandatory in 97-98 and he gave up the WBC belt instead
Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #55
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefist View Post

Yeah sure! I dont understand why you guys debate, there is always a proof for the others argument. Calzaghe is either a person who ducked the best competition while they were prime, or no one cared to fight him because he was seen as a nobody. It's not rewriting history, its just history has more than your side and agenda. For instance, someone like RJJ doesnt get the benefit of the doubt by you, it is never the other fighters fault that fights didnt happen, but RJJ fault. This is okay because it fits your agenda, but if it is calzaghe then its everyone elses fault, but not his own. You see how that works, how being a fanboy filters everything to support your fanboyism?
Look I dont blame Roy for not wanting to fight Calzaghe. Jones was a HW before Calzaghe even fought B Mitchell, so I dont blame Jones, but he was called out. I dont blame Jones for wanting the HW title.
In the case of Hopkins it was a blatant pull out.

Do you want to see the links and details? If not, stop whinging like a wimp and pull yourself together
bailey is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #56
TaylorSwift12
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
Eubank was a quality fighter. But his son looks garbage to me.
TBH

his son looks pretty good for like 4-5 fights
TaylorSwift12 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #57
Threetime no1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1537

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Fan Q&A with Chris Eubank Sr

Monday, June 4, 2012

Who was the best fighter you ever fought?
“By far, Michael Watson in our second fight.”
Did Joe Calzaghe hit harder than Nigel Benn as Frank ****** claimed you said..?
“Benn hit me hardest by far, harder than cruiser Carl Thompson even.”
Is it true that you wanted nothing to do with the Michael Nunn & James Toney?
“That’s interesting, because I signed to fight both Nunn and James Toney. As part of the contract with Don King for Nunn, where I was the first fighter to get one over on him when me and Nigel drew. And as part of the contract with SKY for James Toney, where I was the first fighter to sign for a TV [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] direct, but he lost to Roy Jones.”
Did Roy Jones Jr duck you?
“I was never mandated. But I asked Roy Jones about 10 or 12 years ago if he’d said back in ’93 that the one fighter he thought would give him problems and had reservations of taking on was me. He told me yes that was true.”
Did you take on all the toughest challenges in your career in your opinion?
“As world champion, what you want to avoid is a southpaw who is 6ft or more and unbeaten or been world champion. Rocchigiani and Calzaghe were fights that no other fighter would take. I took them, even though they weren’t even mandated.
“Not even Roy Jones, rated as the best pound-for-pound fighter in history by some writers, would take that fight even when it was mandated to.”
Did you train on Xmas Day and New Years Day and was this hard?
“Yes, and in hindsight it was year-by-year progression to the very best objectively; going into New Year ’91 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for an unbeaten, never-before-dropped world title challenger; New Year ’92 training for never-before-dropped, future world champion; New Year ’93 training for 45-win former world champion; and New Year ’94 training for 35-0 former and future world champion.
“I never missed a single days training from the age of 16 until after I fought Nigel Benn in 1990 and I trained seven days a week to that point.”
How would you have fared against Mike McCallum, Reggie Johnson or Sumbu Kalambay?
“McCallum: I wouldn’t like to say, we are good friends. The other two: difficult styles but I had incredible strength for a middleweight and they didn’t hit anywhere near as hard as Nigel Benn to keep me off.”
Did you see Joe Calzaghe going unbeaten for a further 11 years after your fight?
“No because everyone loses. One must take into [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that 11 years was 22 fights or so for him, whereas I had the showmanship and made myself marketable enough to fight five or six title fights a year which was three times as difficult to stay unbeaten.
“He didn’t lose, but he was stuck down the canvas by fighters of pedigree and got up to win in style, every time. Calzaghe was a great fighter.”
Who would’ve won between Steve Collins or Joe Calzaghe?
“Calzaghe was a different class to Collins in terms of ability and talent.”
Who is your favourite fighter of all-time?
“Jack Johnson, and I would like to play the part in his movie.”

Nice one Atberry Eubank is always good for a quote.
Threetime no1 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #58
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

oh what ****ing idiot is claiming that Roy waited for Joe Calzaghe to age before daring to face him...despite Jones being years older than Joe..was Roy banking of someday finding the Fountain of Youth in Peru so that he could return to his twentysomething years? UTTER ****WIT.
Even with this spelt out the dumbass troll will still claim he in the right whilst being completetly wrong.

jeez guys dont feed the ****ing Calzaghe troll.
HerolGee is online now  Top
Old 06-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #59
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
oh what ****ing idiot is claiming that Roy waited for Joe Calzaghe to age before daring to face him...despite Jones being years older than Joe..was Roy banking of someday finding the Fountain of Youth in Peru so that he could return to his twentysomething years? UTTER ****WIT.
Even with this spelt out the dumbass troll will still claim he in the right whilst being completetly wrong.

jeez guys dont feed the ****ing Calzaghe troll.
Eubank does Nice with a new perspective, is it not?

And leats not forget how Hopkins blatantly pulled out 2002

The greatness of Joe Calzaghe grows for every new day.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #60
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auracle21 View Post
Eubank's jealousy seems to be at an all time high. Lol its true comedy. He seems awfully high on himself lol. GUess he cant take these guys talking about how great Jones is and how good the current crop of SMW's are.
True. I notice he never talks about the guys 'missed' during his career
general zod is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum