Old 06-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #46
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: green to make an announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
You, me and everyone on planet earth knows that it will be another catchweight. It won't be at 175.
Yep, but im not saying thats a bad thing, if it's just a little over light heavy it shouldnt be an issue, as he is coming down from cruiser and it isn't a world title fight. I agree whipsy i think him vs cleverly would be a really good scrap
dawsosj is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 03:21 AM   #47
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post

Yep, but im not saying thats a bad thing, if it's just a little over light heavy it shouldnt be an issue, as he is coming down from cruiser and it isn't a world title fight. I agree whipsy i think him vs cleverly would be a really good scrap
Good luck to him should he get a fight with Cleverly. He'll be paid appropriately too as F.Warr_n is well respected for paying his fighters really well.

At least Danny's given away this silly cruiser shit. He only legitimately fought at the weight twice and looked what happened, absolutely got his ass handed to him.

He was trying to sell rubbish to the public (Mandy's done it for years!) and got caught out.

Anyway's, moving forward, take this fight, it's incidental if it's 3-5lbs over as no fighter needs to boil right down to the limit for non-title fights (I'm sure both parties will agree), come through it well, win back confidence with the fans, especially the Eastern seaboard TV audience so his future PPV's do well and move on to target the Cleverly fight.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #48
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
Good luck to him should he get a fight with Cleverly. He'll be paid appropriately too as F.Warr_n is well respected for paying his fighters really well.

At least Danny's given away this silly cruiser shit. He only legitimately fought at the weight twice and looked what happened, absolutely got his ass handed to him.

He was trying to sell rubbish to the public (Mandy's done it for years!) and got caught out.

Anyway's, moving forward, take this fight, it's incidental if it's 3-5lbs over as no fighter needs to boil right down to the limit for non-title fights (I'm sure both parties will agree), come through it well, win back confidence with the fans, especially the Eastern seaboard TV audience so his future PPV's do well and move on to target the Cleverly fight.
yep! the cruiser stunt was a waste of time but he got some good guys over here and put on decent cards so it wasn't all bad. speaking of which im interested to see who this next card has on it, id say will tomlinson would be out as he fought recently , and matt garlett is on the upcoming dib fight card.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2012, 04:41 AM   #49
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

People do realise he's 40 in JAN 13 right????
kel is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #50
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

he was a bee's dick from capturing the cruiser title against the pole. i think he performed more than credibly at that weight.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #51
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
yep! the cruiser stunt was a waste of time but he got some good guys over here and put on decent cards so it wasn't all bad. speaking of which im interested to see who this next card has on it, id say will tomlinson would be out as he fought recently , and matt garlett is on the upcoming dib fight card.
I agree.

Green did pull a major stunt with the cruiser campaign but at least he showed balls in ultimately fighting at the full limit and even after losing to Tarver took on the WBC champ.

He easily could have fought a Santiago type fighter after the Tarver bout but he didn't.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #52
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

C'mon guys whats this nonsense about Greeny not cutting it at cruiser ? The Fist magazine rated Greeny at number 2 for a couple of years and Hyder even said that only heavyweights could take Danny's awesome power. Now Danny's fighting this Danny Santiago destroyer who is apparently a huge name in the states i'm told. I would suggest that the young, hungry, undefeated world champion Cleverly better watch out because he surely has zero chance to defend successfully against Danny at 175. If heavy's can barely handle Danny's power then what hope would the undefeated Cleverly have. First minute KO to Danny i'm afraid and another world title strap. Whats that now, about 5 world titles at 3 weights for Danny. Maybe he should get that tattooed next to his name on his arm. Next stop - International Boxing Hall Of Fame. No doubt.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #53
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

C'mon guys whats this nonsense about Greeny not cutting it at cruiser ? The Fist magazine rated Greeny at number 2 for a couple of years and Hyder even said that only heavyweights could take Danny's awesome power. Now Danny's fighting this Danny Santiago destroyer who is apparently a huge name in the states i'm told. I would suggest that the young, hungry, undefeated world champion Cleverly better watch out because he surely has zero chance to defend successfully against Danny at 175. If heavy's can barely handle Danny's power then what hope would the undefeated Cleverly have. First minute KO to Danny i'm afraid and another world title strap. Whats that now, about 5 world titles at 3 weights for Danny. Maybe he should get that tattooed next to his name on his arm. Next stop - International Boxing Hall Of Fame. No doubt.
Geez Francis, this is 'War and Peace' stuff for you. You never go past the one-line insight's and yet you've come up with this multi-line piece of literature!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #54
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 02:51 AM   #55
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

francis continues to grow....into the forums second biggest ****head. to knock ty from his top position, well francis, you'll have to do better.

green was respectable for a 35yo at cruiser. he was respectable as a super middle. at 40 years old, if he wants to make the the mistake of losing weight to fight, then he is in a better position than us to judge it.

BUT the only way he can lose that weight is by his body eating his fast twitch muscle fibre. the same problem he had with mundine last time. see how that turned out danny. he got an early idea of where he was as a super middle against sean sullivan.....danny just dont learn.

if he wants to fight mundine, get the venue sorted, the $$ sorted, the ppv sorted, and just turn up at the weight you want. it should be a 'you wanna fight me cunt, then turn up without scales, if you think youre the man."

swingin is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #56
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

I thought you were fast becoming second biggest ****head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
francis continues to grow....into the forums second biggest ****head. to knock ty from his top position, well francis, you'll have to do better.

green was respectable for a 35yo at cruiser. he was respectable as a super middle. at 40 years old, if he wants to make the the mistake of losing weight to fight, then he is in a better position than us to judge it.

BUT the only way he can lose that weight is by his body eating his fast twitch muscle fibre. the same problem he had with mundine last time. see how that turned out danny. he got an early idea of where he was as a super middle against sean sullivan.....danny just dont learn.

if he wants to fight mundine, get the venue sorted, the $$ sorted, the ppv sorted, and just turn up at the weight you want. it should be a 'you wanna fight me cunt, then turn up without scales, if you think youre the man."
Sox is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #57
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I thought you were fast becoming second biggest ****head.
mate. im way beyond judgement. sally cant be pidgeonholed.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #58
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think someone needs to make a poll about who is the Ausie forums biggest ****head

Maybe a top 5
kel is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 04:37 AM   #59
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post

Ty's gone now. Mundine-Green won't happen.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #60
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

40 year old Green stands little chance against any of the top 10 lightheavies.

Pascal, Dawson, cleverly , kessler, hopkins, Cloud, shumenov and campillo all get the better of him IMO.
StiffJab is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum