Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #31
matt007
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 480
vCash: 75
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
I have one question, Where does haye run in this tiny little ring haha? if he can hurt chisora early he will win, but if he hits chisora and chisora keeps on comming forward i see a ko for chisora, hayes been koed by a lesser fighter.
A smaller ring will help chisora a bit, but haye has the footwork to evade him and the power to put him at bay. Do you think if haye connects with enough shots like he did against ruiz, will delboy still be stalking him?

When haye lost to thompson he was a bit inexperience, he has learnt that he cannot simply go out and blast people out in the first half of the fight. He is better now and more calculated with his shots, which is probably the reason he doesn't have a high workrate, cant afford to gassed himself out so lesson learnt.

This is a very one sided fight, if chisora proves me wrong then all props to him. We will just have to watch and see on 14 july.
matt007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #32
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 876
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend X View Post
People seem to ignore the fact that Haye's never faced a decent heavyweight under 36 years of age.
And Valuev has a biological age of about 68.

Chisora is a decent 'young' 'live' heavyweight, about 29 years old.
Haye's never beat anyone remotely in that category.
He has feasted on has-beens.

Why do people ignore that fact ?
And Chisora has beaten who exactly?
ollyc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #33
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt007 View Post
1976-03-25 Vlad's birth date, which makes him 35 years old when he beat haye last july. He is the best heavyweight right now. Much bigger and better attributes than chisora I think you would agree with me?
I agree. But Haye proved nothing against Wladimir, he just backed away all night and lost by a wide margin.
Legend X is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #34
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
And Chisora has beaten who exactly?
Chisora's done nothing great either. But that's not the point. No one is pretending that Chisora's has beaten any David Hayes.

But people are saying "Haye beats guys like Chisora easily" and stuff like that, but Haye has never fought any heavyweights in Chisora's category.
Guys like Valuev and Ruiz were tired old fighters, Barrett was past it and just not much good, Harrison was both very crap and very old.

Chisora's actually a half-decent young heavyweight who looked quite fresh and improving against contender Helenius and a champion Vitali within the last 7 or 8 months !
That's a completely different proposition to going against guys like Ruiz or Valuev who were old and inactive fighters on their way down.

There's a big difference between beating a young hungry improving fighter - even if he's nothing special - and beating a guy that's been around the block loads of times and is on his way out.
Legend X is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
luke
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt007 View Post
A smaller ring will help chisora a bit, but haye has the footwork to evade him and the power to put him at bay. Do you think if haye connects with enough shots like he did against ruiz, will delboy still be stalking him?

When haye lost to thompson he was a bit inexperience, he has learnt that he cannot simply go out and blast people out in the first half of the fight. He is better now and more calculated with his shots, which is probably the reason he doesn't have a high workrate, cant afford to gassed himself out so lesson learnt.

This is a very one sided fight, if chisora proves me wrong then all props to him. We will just have to watch and see on 14 july.
ruiz was a 40 year old who didnt have a very good chin, didnt rahman and golota put him down? and we all know tua ktf out of him, i think the fact that chisora hates haye as much as he does will keep him around, also I THINK THE WHOLE FIGHT HANGS ON IF CHISORA CAN TAKE HAYES POWER. if he can take hayes shot and walk through it i think chisora will win if he cant haye will, i still think its a long shot if haye kos chisora but you never know all it takes is one good shot, esp at heavyweight. roll on july 14, i'll be in sunny ibiza watching it in a bar haha!
luke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #36
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt007 View Post
You are really missing the point, so you are saying chisora has more mental toughness than haye? So haye has gone to where he is today without being mentally tough? Delboy is a good european level fighter that is all.

Missing the limelight? That is your only your opinion and I think that is very wide off the mark. Haye is still in his prime, sees this as an easy pay day and a warm up fight to fighting one of the Klits again. Delboy will not have the speed nor the footwork to get inside haye, he will eat some big hayemakers and will get stopped.
Maybe he is in his prime to us... BUT! In Hayes mind he didnt want to be still fighting at this point, he always went on about it. So now hes coming back against his own better judgement... he either needs the money(I doubt it) or he misses the limelight(I suspect)

An easy warm up for the Klits? That doesnt wash with me Im afraid, as Hayes intention was to be out of boxing by this point. Haye is doing what he said he never would, & coming back, AND fighting a guy who he says doesnt deserve to be in the same ring as him.

It all points to a man who is back for the wrong reasons... against a guy who is out to make a name for himself! Take from that what you will my friend
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:21 AM   #37
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 500
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
ruiz was a 40 year old who didnt have a very good chin, didnt rahman and golota put him down? and we all know tua ktf out of him, i think the fact that chisora hates haye as much as he does will keep him around, also I THINK THE WHOLE FIGHT HANGS ON IF CHISORA CAN TAKE HAYES POWER. if he can take hayes shot and walk through it i think chisora will win if he cant haye will, i still think its a long shot if haye kos chisora but you never know all it takes is one good shot, esp at heavyweight. roll on july 14, i'll be in sunny ibiza watching it in a bar haha!


oh good lord.
Phill-Mitchell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:14 AM   #38
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

This place has gone downhill. All these idiots who think Chisora won't get battered.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #39
matt007
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 480
vCash: 75
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend X View Post
I agree. But Haye proved nothing against Wladimir, he just backed away all night and lost by a wide margin.
The biggest skilled and best heavyweight cannot pin him down and take him out, so you think chisora can do better and KO him?
matt007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #40
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 1,903
vCash: 350
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Haye will beat Chisora no problem. But after i saw Chisora performance against vitali and Heli i think he will take some punishment and last a while. either way should be an ok fight. I wonder how many people would be interested in this fight before the shit hit the fan in Munich.

Im just going to watch this one from home.

G
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #41
matt007
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 480
vCash: 75
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut Me Mick View Post
Chisora is a hungry, fearless and young heavyweight.

Has Haye ever faced one of them before?
Has delboy faced anyone like haye? Doesn't really means much for haye, he is about 2 levels above chisora, most can see that so dont delude yourself. However you can get odds of 5/1 for chisora to stop haye so put your money on that if you really believe delboy can do it.
matt007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #42
Geoffers
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
vCash: 2606
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
... hayes been koed by a lesser fighter.
No he hasn't. Carl Thompson was a World Champion and if you think he's "lesser" than Del Boy then you need to get a sense of perspective.

Also, if you rewatch the Thompson-Haye fight you'll clearly see that Haye gassed after battering Thompson round the ring. Nobody would have complained if that had been stopped in the first round with a TKO win for Haye.

Thompson < Chisora ...
Geoffers is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #43
luke
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
No he hasn't. Carl Thompson was a World Champion and if you think he's "lesser" than Del Boy then you need to get a sense of perspective.

Also, if you rewatch the Thompson-Haye fight you'll clearly see that Haye gassed after battering Thompson round the ring. Nobody would have complained if that had been stopped in the first round with a TKO win for Haye.

Thompson < Chisora ...
and you think chisora wouldnt be a world champion in a weak unwatched division like the cruiser weight one thompson was from? chisora is not even 20 fights into his career and you think he will never be a world champ, ive seen lesser fighters become an alphabet hw champion
luke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #44
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
and you think chisora wouldnt be a world champion in a weak unwatched division like the cruiser weight one thompson was from? chisora is not even 20 fights into his career and you think he will never be a world champ, ive seen lesser fighters become an alphabet hw champion
Where have all the mongs, like you, come from?
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #45
matt007
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 480
vCash: 75
Default Re: The reason Chisora loses BADLY to Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
and you think chisora wouldnt be a world champion in a weak unwatched division like the cruiser weight one thompson was from? chisora is not even 20 fights into his career and you think he will never be a world champ, ive seen lesser fighters become an alphabet hw champion
Hahaha what a joke, so much rubbish LOL

Seeing you are bigging up delboy so much why dont we have a Man to Man bet without the bookies and go evens?
matt007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013