Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #31
StreetsofRAGE
Ballin
ESB Addict

vCash: 212
Default Re: Anyone else worried that Pac was 147lbs??

I don't think the weight matters at all. Pac doesn't look nearly as cut as he did in the past though.
StreetsofRAGE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #32
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
True enough. Pac is just one in a long line of former flyweight world champions who was fighting at superfeatherweight four years ago and is now ruling welterweight and picking up belts at lightmiddle.
Pac was 145 lbs in the ring with Marquez 4 years ago..He missed weight twice when he was at lower weights, and had to skip 115 and 118 because he couldn't make those weights anymore. He was a huge drainer, and is probably walking around at 155-160 lbs at this stage of his career.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #33
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I was surprised. He looked a little soft around the belly. I don't know how that will translate into the fight, if at all. I am still picking Manny in a hard-fought, clear decision. I think Manny will essentially be fighting a three-handed fighter here. I don't think Bradley intentionally uses the head, but he comes forward like a bull and that could mean cuts. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this fight ended in a technical decision, so it is important for both fighters to try to win the early rounds. Again, my guess is Pacquiao by a somewhat close, but clear decision.
Abdullah is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #34
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Or it could mean he has ****ing grown into WW now.

This small man bullshit is long over cooked.
If he weighs in 155 upwards on fightnight, then you might be right. If he weighs below 150 on fightnight, then he still is a small WW.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #35
Concrete
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
Pac was 145 lbs in the ring with Marquez 4 years ago..He missed weight twice when he was at lower weights, and had to skip 115 and 118 because he couldn't make those weights anymore. He was a huge drainer, and is probably walking around at 155-160 lbs at this stage of his career.
Exactly, don't know about 155-160 but Pac has been a huge drainer throughout his career. He could have moved up in weight way earlier then he did and has weighed more then majority of the guys he fought at the lower weights on fight night.
Concrete is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #36
the_truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Not at all. If he comes in heavier tonight lets say at 155, then yes I will be worried. Funny when DLH weigh below 147, a large amount of Pac fans didnt want to hear the excuses. Even when Cotto sacrifice his body at 145 and had marriage problems, again Pac fans didnt want to hear the excuses. Now Manny is weighing at 147 and it's already a concern. We are also blaming marriage problems for his last few performances, but ignore Cotto's marraiage problems and personal problems/lawsuits. I thought it was cramping that was affecting Manny's performance
the_truth is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #37
boxing_RN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
Just out of curiosity, where does your obsession with Pac and you hatred for Mayweather come from? I presume you are a Filipino, but why is it such a personal issue for you?

I ask this because I just browsed through your posting history and have pages and pages of Pac/May comments. Even when you comment in other threads its about Mayweather.

Personally, I find it sad you let people influence your life in that way to the point it becomes an obsession to you.

Also in response to your post, Im not jealous of anyone who comes from nothing and achieves something. Credit to Pac. But I have a problem with boxers who cheat, using fake weight classes to write their history.
Pot meet kettle....
Your jaw has to lock from now and again from all the Floyd **** sucking you do on here. You mad at PAC cuz he didn't let you suck his Dick or something faggot?
boxing_RN is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #38
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
Exactly, don't know about 155-160 but Pac has been a huge drainer throughout his career. He could have moved up in weight way earlier then he did and has weighed more then majority of the guys he fought at the lower weights on fight night.
This could be applied to everyone though. Lets not make 1 rules for Pac. Every opponent Pac faced in the lower weights were in or around the same weight as he was fight night. If he was a FW weighing in 148 fight night, that does not make him a WW, as WW's weigh near 160 fight night, something Pac has never come close to.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #39
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac is 147lbs? he was the lowest he was in years in his last fight. This can't be good. I actually thought he looked smaller in the training footage on 24/7 than what I remember him looking like in the fights before Marquez. Maybe he did eat alot before the weigh-in. I hope it doesn't make him too sluggish in there
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #40
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 141

I think this is their way of solving the cramping issue.
That is, he wouldn't even try to dehydrate to keep his fluids all night long.
I think he will still step on the ring at 148lbs.

Or simply because he has aged considerably and it has finally shown.
this_and_that is online now  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #41
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity View Post
This could be applied to everyone though. Lets not make 1 rules for Pac. Every opponent Pac faced in the lower weights were in or around the same weight as he was fight night. If he was a FW weighing in 148 fight night, that does not make him a WW, as WW's weigh near 160 fight night, something Pac has never come close to.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssPEB9kU8c8[/ame]

Look at the enormous size advantage he has. He was huge at those weights.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #42
JabCross727
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 610

Yea, definitely not is norm. I won't know what it means until we see Pac and Bradley perform tonight.

Hopefully, this doesn't portend an ominous sign.
JabCross727 is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #43
gurby22
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 4229

People actually believe the cramps excuse that he only seems to get on the night of the fights and never leading up to the fight? Only after a dissapointing performance does it ever get brought up.
gurby22 is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #44
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648
Default ABC Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
he defo looked softer in this fight than any of his others since diaz
I thought this. Maybe it was just because he was stood next to Bradley, who also seemed bigger despite weighing less.

BTW, regarding Pac's title win at LMW, I agree but it's not as dodgey as Canelo's.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #45
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Pac said that when he was his previous heaviest weigh-in weight (145.75 for the Clottey fight) he had lost a bit of his speed, and that he never wanted to be that heavy on the scales again.

I think Manny's ideal weight for a welterweight fight should be around 143 or 144 (though he could make 140 so easily IMO).

Does him weighing in bang on the limit suggest a tactical change to his training and physical attributes, or does it make you think that maybe he hasn't trained as hard as he could have?

Anyone else think this may be important, or am I reading too much into it here?

Worried ?

faggot.
turbotime is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum