Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
GECKOJ
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default It sucks for Bradley

I will be the first to say I thought Tim was going to shock the world with his skills and muscular body in the ring with the Pac Man. Tim is a great man and you find it hard to not root for the guy.

I was amazed at how easily Pac man broke him down through Rnds 3-8 and early on in Rd 2. I hate it that his big WIN will have this shadow on it forever. In my view Tim lost the fight and only won 3 of 12 Rds.

I take some relief knowing this man's life will change for the best and he had no part in stealing the victory from Pac Man.

On a side note Pac Man looks to be slowing down so he needs to pick a few exciting figths and perhaps call it a day in the next 24 months.
GECKOJ is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248
Default Re: It sucks for Bradley

I've always been a fan of Bradley's. I mean, forgetting about the fact he clearly didn't deserve a decision in that fight (although it was definitely close on the scorecards), he has ALWAYS been a classy dude and his post-fight interview, as well as Manny's, were a breath of fresh air. And he never quit.. even when he was getting trounced in the middle rounds he came right back with whatever firepower he had.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
shimmy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

It sucks most right now for fans. If Bradley wants to erase this, win clearly in November, same can be said for Manny, maybe this will light a fire under his ass, he should have knocked Bradley out, if he would have been in better shape I'm sure he would have. Bradley was on very shakey legs a few times, Manny didn't seem to have the energy to keep up the attack, not the same Manny, even though I thought he clearly won, fighting one minute of each round is likely why the judges favored Bradley, who at least kept trying the entire fight and never stopped, even if was not very effective at all, he was working.
shimmy is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Although I had it 7-5 Bradley, I could see a valid argument for the same score the other way. It sucks the HBO and Dan Rafael's of the world can't get past their own bias and admit Pac gave away the last three rounds and clearly lost the first. Even if they don't give him tube fight, give him credit.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

I missed the fight, sounds like karma to me.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
irwin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
I missed the fight, sounds like karma to me.
no

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
irwin is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GECKOJ View Post
I will be the first to say I thought Tim was going to shock the world with his skills and muscular body in the ring with the Pac Man. Tim is a great man and you find it hard to not root for the guy.

I was amazed at how easily Pac man broke him down through Rnds 3-8 and early on in Rd 2. I hate it that his big WIN will have this shadow on it forever. In my view Tim lost the fight and only won 3 of 12 Rds.

I take some relief knowing this man's life will change for the best and he had no part in stealing the victory from Pac Man.

On a side note Pac Man looks to be slowing down so he needs to pick a few exciting figths and perhaps call it a day in the next 24 months.
great post...

my fight night attendees remarked on the post fight about how professional Bradley was. He couldnt even be bragadocious about the win, but said instead, i have to look at the videotape lol. I had believed Bradley had a strong chance of winning, due to his determination, all-around skills, and conditioning.

I just really hope that the anguish of the decision from fans find an answere and not ultimately shift their attention on Bradley instead. Hopefully getting a rematch with Pacquiao will definitely keep his career/financial situation boosted. Just hope he comes out more competitive, plant his right on his chin, and QUIT DUCKING TO THE RIGHT!
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
GECKOJ
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilletscuz View Post
great post...

my fight night attendees remarked on the post fight about how professional Bradley was. He couldnt even be bragadocious about the win, but said instead, i have to look at the videotape lol. I had believed Bradley had a strong chance of winning, due to his determination, all-around skills, and conditioning.

I just really hope that the anguish of the decision from fans find an answere and not ultimately shift their attention on Bradley instead. Hopefully getting a rematch with Pacquiao will definitely keep his career/financial situation boosted. Just hope he comes out more competitive, plant his right on his chin, and QUIT DUCKING TO THE RIGHT!

Thanks dude and I agree he is all class. I always try to post facts and leave my emotions out but at times I fail to do that LOL. I hope Tim contniues with a great career but he is going to have to face more questions as the months move in on all of this crap.
GECKOJ is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Even bad press is good press and Bradley's name will be on the map for a long time after last night. Even though he lost in reality it was a big fight for moving his career forward.

Last edited by Big Red; 06-10-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
randomwalk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 86

I feel bad for him too. He fought his ass off, but came up short against one of the best fighters of this generation. I also feel bad for Marquez because he will never receive the recognition he deserves. Both guys handled things classy, but I think Bradley showing up in a wheelchair after he tweaked his ankle was a little over the top. Not really looking forward to a rematch.
randomwalk is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

Manny is even giving interviews to JMM and Mexican TV and it seems like he's not upset at all... This guy is surely on heavy medication or the best weed you can find on mo**a f***** earth. He even said to JMM that he would go to MEXICO to fight him like they were best friends. Bob is absolutely insane and Top Rank inc will work to put two more judges away from Boxing for good.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
GECKOJ
Journeyman

Arrow Re: It sucks for Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk View Post
I feel bad for him too. He fought his ass off, but came up short against one of the best fighters of this generation. I also feel bad for Marquez because he will never receive the recognition he deserves. Both guys handled things classy, but I think Bradley showing up in a wheelchair after he tweaked his ankle was a little over the top. Not really looking forward to a rematch.
If they do a rematch I will save my cash as the price has gotten to be more than the prize for PPV boxing events.
GECKOJ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum