Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 9,203
vCash: 75
Default I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

I thought he won the 2,7,10,11,12 relatively clear, then there were plenty of close rounds (1,5,8 for example) in which Bradley did enough to win the round. I think there was a lot of overselling Manny's work, if you dispute that I'd ask when was Bradley hurt...how did he not have any real facial damage? It's not that facial damage is that huge of a factor outside of the fact that when Manny lands as much as HBO tried to make out, guys faces gets marked up, guys get hurt. I remember Manny going on a wild flurry at the end of maybe the 4th round in which 1 or 2 punches landed, and Lampley made a comment that 16 punches landed? It was a great fight, and Bradley deserves a lot of credit.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 33,535
vCash: 138
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

I thought so to he took the fight to Pac and outboxed him down the stretch. I said before the fight that Bradley would give Pac hell and I was right.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
I thought he won the 2,7,10,11,12 relatively clear, then there were plenty of close rounds (1,5,8 for example) in which Bradley did enough to win the round. I think there was a lot of overselling Manny's work, if you dispute that I'd ask when was Bradley hurt...how did he not have any real facial damage? It's not that facial damage is that huge of a factor outside of the fact that when Manny lands as much as HBO tried to make out, guys faces gets marked up, guys get hurt. I remember Manny going on a wild flurry at the end of maybe the 4th round in which 1 or 2 punches landed, and Lampley made a comment that 16 punches landed? It was a great fight, and Bradley deserves a lot of credit.
Are you asking: if Bradley was hurt in the fight, then why did he not show any facial damage?

Seriously?
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,974
vCash: 25000
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

I agree.

floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
jeromejones
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

supported by a user named floyd g.o.a.t a user with floyd in his avatar and sig and reppin501

need i say more?
jeromejones is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 9,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Are you asking: if Bradley was hurt in the fight, then why did he not show any facial damage?

Seriously?
So you just refuse to acknowledge the rest of that point? If in fact Manny was landing at the rate HBO was selling, please tell which fight he's had in which he landed that much and didn't hurt and/or mark up his opponent. The overlying larger point is, Manny did not land as much as many people here and definitely the HBO crew acted like he did. You don't have to agree, I'm simply asking you to provide me with some substantiation for the counter argument. Also which rounds specifically do you disagree with my assessment of?
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 8070
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

I dont care if your trolling or retarded but either way you can go **** yourself

Robbery of the Decade

Pacquiao 119 - 109
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 9,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromejones View Post
supported by a user named floyd g.o.a.t a user with floyd in his avatar and sig and reppin501

need i say more?
Uhhh yeah, you could say which of the above listed rounds you take exception to (2,7,10,11,12 pretty clear Bradley rounds). I'm rewatching now and I'll pay extra close attention to those.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 9,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
I dont care if your trolling or retarded but either way you can go **** yourself

Robbery of the Decade

Pacquiao 119 - 109
I'm not a troll, I'm certainly not "retarded" and if you'd like to debate my post then tell me specifically what you take exception with. If this shitbox post is the best you got, you'd be better served cutting your loses and shutting the **** up now.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
Macunfadebo
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

Yeah, the hbo commentors were like "wow pacquiao just landed 32 blows" and i was like "lol wtf, only 2, do you even count?"
Macunfadebo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,974
vCash: 25000
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

I gave Bradley round 1 not sure about 7.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 9,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_g.o.a.t View Post
I gave Bradley round 1 not sure about 7.
1,5,8 were all close rounds that in my opinion could have gone either way, so I'm not shocked you would give him 1st.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
So you just refuse to acknowledge the rest of that point? If in fact Manny was landing at the rate HBO was selling, please tell which fight he's had in which he landed that much and didn't hurt and/or mark up his opponent. The overlying larger point is, Manny did not land as much as many people here and definitely the HBO crew acted like he did. You don't have to agree, I'm simply asking you to provide me with some substantiation for the counter argument. Also which rounds specifically do you disagree with my assessment of?
The rest of your point? What - that Bradley, if he was being hit by Pac as much as is being claimed, should have marked up in the same way other Pacquiao opponents have been marked up in the past?

You do realize how ridiculous that is, right?

Because in case you havenít realized, not all fighters bruise at the same rate - especially if Black fighters are involved (who are known not to display bruising/damage as clearly as Whites, Latinos, etc, do). You donít even need to look further than Pac-Bradley and Pac-JMM3 examples to know looking at facial damage can be meaningless. We can all agree that Pac had far more success landing on Bradley than he did JMM, yet JMM face came out worse.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


When determining how many punches a fighter has landed, going by facial damage of the opponent is not always the best way. In fact, it can be pretty retarded. Because, by that logic, we can all assume Clottey had more success landing on Pacquiao than JMM did when he schooled him last November. Because, you know, Pacquiaoís face was marked up.

Pac vs Clottey:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Pac vs JMM:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


And I donít even care about compubox or HBO to know that Pacquiao was landing the better shots and was, overall, the much better man on the night. Oh, and Iíve not even mentioned disagreeing with any of your rounds (even though I probably do). Iím just addressing your silly assertion that the lack of Bradleyís facial damage, suggests Pacquiao didnít land as many punches on him.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 29,747
vCash: 3571
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
I dont care if your trolling or retarded but either way you can go **** yourself

Robbery of the Decade

Pacquiao 119 - 109
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
audio101
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I thought Bradley fought a helluva fight...

Rounds 1-6 were clearly for Pacman, you really aren't very smart when it comes to scoring boxing matches...
audio101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013