Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
busstonedfx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75
Default Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

I gave Bradley Round 5. Everyone on here is crying about the 2 judges giving Bradley round 5. I don't know why Bradley himself said he lost round 5.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CccNM-v-dM[/ame]

Watch it on mute first, and then watch it with the sound a 2nd time... and you'll see.
No jokes, the HBO commentary is biased. So so biased.
Pacquiao landed like 2 punches up till 1:00 left in the 5th.
Up until then, Bradley was controlling the distance with his jab, throwing 1-2 combinations, landing with the occasional lead right.
Pacquiao only THREW 2, in the first 2 minutes (lead lefts).
Bradley was peppering him with jabs the whole 3 minutes.
Pacquaio snaps Bradleys head back ONCE in the last 1 minute, while throwing combos that don't hit Bradley, but the HBO commentary is going nuts, saying Bradley is retreating, and PAC has too much power.....
Bradley is seriously slipping, or blocking most of the punches...
Kellerman actually is uses the word "outclassing" which is a joke, Bradley won the round!!

The judges weren't swayed by the crowd, and aren't biased like the HBO team. Dudes, this was a close decision, not a robbery. I gave him something like the first 2, the 5th, and at LEAST 3-4 of the last 5 (not exact). You could even give him the 6th too. The HBO team is calling punches that are slipped, or blocked, and ignoring Bradley's counters...

Last edited by busstonedfx; 06-11-2012 at 10:55 AM.
busstonedfx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
busstonedfx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Why does everyone cry about round 5 on the Cards? I gave it to Bradley too

nobody else agrees?

1,2,5,6, (and pick 3 out of 8,9,10,11,12) and you are left with 115-113 BRADLEY
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132
Default Re: Why does everyone think Bradley lost round 5 on the cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by busstonedfx View Post
I gave Bradley Round 5. Everyone on here is crying about the 2 judges giving Bradley round 5. I don't know why Bradley himself said he lost round 5.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Watch it on mute first, and then watch it with the sound a 2nd time... and you'll see.
Pacquiao landed like 2 punches up till 1:00 left in the 5th.
Up until then, Bradley was controlling the distance with his jab, throwing 1-2 combinations, landing with the occasional lead right.
Pacquiao only THREW 2, in the first 2 minutes (lead lefts).
Bradley was peppering him with jabs the whole 3 minutes.
Pacquaio snaps Bradleys head back ONCE in the last 1 minute, while throwing combos that don't hit Bradley, but the HBO commentary is going nuts, saying Bradley is retreating, and PAC has too much power.....
Bradley is seriously slipping, or blocking most of the punches...
Kellerman actually is uses the word "outclassing" which is a joke, Bradley won the round!!

The judges weren't swayed by the crowd, and aren't biased like the HBO team. Dudes, this was a close decision, not a robbery. I gave him something like the first 2, the 5th, and at LEAST 3-4 of the last 5 (not exact). You could even give him the 6th too. The HBO team is calling punches that are slipped, or blocked, and ignoring Bradley's counters...
I dont know if you notice but real boxing fans can see power landed by pac were alot more in that round and one major factor for me. Is if you look hard enough with nine seconds left on that exact mark Pac catch's Bradley and his knees buckle a little. Which its hard to tell but he looked hurt. Thats why he was throwing widly after that point on and going into the six he was hurt again. I could not give Bradley that round.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

bradley controlled the action for the maority of the round but in the last minute pacquiao landed serious punches, and therefore stole the round, because he did way more in one minute or less than bradley did the entire two previous minutes, focusing on defense solely and throwing completely ineffective one twos that land on pacquiao's cupped gloves.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
drunkboat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

You think Bradley won round 1?
drunkboat is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

You suck at scoring fights.
janeschicken is online now  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
KiD Caiman
Prospect
ESB Full Member

vCash: 12596

I had it 8-4 to Pacquiao, giving Bradley 7,8,10, and 12. I don't agree with people saying Pacquiao outclassed him but I thought he won the fight pretty clearly.
KiD Caiman is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
Outboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The last minute of the round is the key. In the first two minutes, Bradley is throwing quite a few punches but nearly all of them are blocked by Pac. Pac isn't throwing much, and when he does he mostly misses. So not much is happening, but Bradley's workrate (and a few light punches) are winning the round for him. In the last minute, Pac suddenly comes alive and starts fighting, and because not much happened before this point, he is able to take the round by landing some decent shots. His punches also look sharper and more powerful than Bradley's, which was the case all night.

If Bradley vs Pac was scored via the amateur system, then the scoring would make more sense. Professional boxing, however, is more about landing quality shots rather than quantity.
Outboxer is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
He does.
The round was pretty even for the first two minutes and in my eyes Pacquiao took it in the last minute. In that round he landed the better shots, controlled the pace(Not to full extent, he initiated contact when he wanted to.) and hurt Bradley.
Badbot is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
Kamus

I didnt watch the live feed and heard about the decision. I dont care about either of these fighters, or PBF. This round was closer then what I expected from reading these boards. Pac should of had this round with the flurry at the end, I had Bradley up by a whisker before that. Like I said with the flurry PAc won the round but it was close
Kamus is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
Kingkazim
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Had it 10/10 the first time I saw it. It was very close

The second time, I noticed that Bradleys shots werent really "shots". They were mainly blocked and swathed away by Pacquiao, whereas Pac landed the effective shots.

Either way, I had it 8-4 Pac.
Kingkazim is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #12
busstonedfx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
Maybe you think so. That's why this sport is subjective
But in all seriousness, when you are outworked all three minutes, and you land like 2 punches amidst a flurry, that most punches are blocked, ducked, or just missed, with a biased commentary, you see things as much wider than they really are...

I don't like letting fighters "steal" rounds on my cards, unless it is convincing. You do nothing for 2:30, and land 2 nice lefts in the last 30 seconds, that the crowd and commentators go wild for, doesn't make me ignore the straight rights that were going on for Bradley in the first 2:30.

Maybe pacquiao won the rounds that he did win more convincingly, so it makes it seem like a robbery, but there were many full 3 minute rounds (at least 6, and according to 2 ringside professional scorers, there were 7) that Bradley outworked, and won against Pacquiao.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
barrera

vCash:

i had bradley winning round 1... if its the round im thinking of that i scored for bradley he controlled 2:45 of the round and pac comes on strong in the last 10 seconds.. lands a short or 2 but nothing really big that would sway my vote... judging is scored on a round by round basis..
Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
Flyin Ryan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 899

Quote:
I don't know why Bradley himself said he lost round 5.

I don't think when Bradley was in the ring fighting in round 5 he heard the HBO commentary.
Flyin Ryan is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
Maybe you think so. That's why this sport is subjective
But in all seriousness, when you are outworked all three minutes, and you land like 2 punches amidst a flurry, that most punches are blocked, ducked, or just missed, with a biased commentary, you see things as much wider than they really are...

I don't like letting fighters "steal" rounds on my cards, unless it is convincing. You do nothing for 2:30, and land 2 nice lefts in the last 30 seconds, that the crowd and commentators go wild for, doesn't make me ignore the straight rights that were going on for Bradley in the first 2:30.

Maybe pacquiao won the rounds that he did win more convincingly, so it makes it seem like a robbery, but there were many full 3 minute rounds (at least 6, and according to 2 ringside professional scorers, there were 7) that Bradley outworked, and won against Pacquiao.
Yes but like someone said he threw more punch's YES Tim did but all most every single shot was on Pac's gloves watch the fight for **** sake.

Oh were is the answer to my post about Tim's look hurt by left hook with 9 seconds left in the round. I remember him walking back to the corner and he looked out of it and i remember his own corner in a panic. Mate that to me is a clear indication someone Power shots are taking effect.

Pac won round 5 clearly.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum