Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Was it a close fight?
Yes, it was a close fight. 73 34.27%
No, it was not a close fight. 140 65.73%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #106
Stezzie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wow seeing the RBR im surprised at many having it a draw or 7-5: POST YOUR FULL C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
There were a number of rounds that were tough to call, because Pac would fire away for thirty seconds and land two or three shots in the volley of punches that had been thrown. That being said, Bradley would control the other portion of the round and land enough punches to make a case for giving said frame to him.

Anyway, 7-5 Pac was my scorecard. Gave Bradley the first two, the ninth, the 10th, and the 12th. Pacquiao definitely seemed to take the pedal off the accelerator in the latter portion of the fight...But perhaps the body punches that the HBO commentators conveniently ignored played a role in that.

Honestly...given the scores that I've seen, I'm not really inclined to think this fight is that big of a robbery. Cases could be made for Bradley winning up to seven rounds,. even if I didn't personally score them that way.
Stezzie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #107
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wow seeing the RBR im surprised at many having it a draw or 7-5: POST YOUR FULL C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
The only good Manny round was 3, that is the only round he hurt Bradley. Most of Manny's work in 5 missed the mark.
Ok.

I guess apologies are in order.

You were trolling.

You're a ticket, bama.

A character.

A card.

(Not much of a score-card, though !)
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #108
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
1-2 Bradley
3 Manny
4-12 Bradley

119 - 109 Bradley
Jesus effing christ
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #109
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847
Default Re: Full scorecards only! Bradley vs. Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonit View Post
My prediction was Bradley UD and I was rooting for him. I was too afraid most of the time that he'll get his azz KOed to score the fight though. Pac hurt Bradley with virtually every punch after round two. The fight wasn't remotely close. I wouldn't give Bradley more than three rounds even I watch it in slow mo with the commentators of Celtics-Miami game 7. It was a horrible decision.
One of the difficulties with this fight is that the rounds Pacquiao won, he outclassed Bradley. Bradley was out of his depth.

And the rounds Bradley won, he barely scraped because Pacquiao wasn't doing anything. And even in these rounds, it appeared that Pacquaio was just toying with Bradley and couldn't really be bothered to punch Tim. It would be too easy. So he took body shots and and laughed them off. The fight bored him.

Something like this happened in the Cotto fight, where Pacquaio took his foot off the gas and Cotto started boxing a little and Pacquiao was bored with the fight and allowed Cotto to backpedal and box a bit.

The difference here is that Bradley sort of got a second wind and mustered a little bit better of an effort than Cotto did in the late rounds. So, ultimately, it was Bradley's determination and work ethic that got him the nod. (Not that I thought he won).
conraddobler is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #110
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062
Post Re: Full scorecards only! Bradley vs. Pacquiao

Pacquiao - Bradley
1. 9-10
2. 9-10 (Close)
3. 10-9
4. 10-9
5. 10-9
6. 10-9
7. 10-9
8. 10-9
9. 10-9 (Close)
10. 9-10
11. 9-10
12. 9-10

115-113 Pacquiao.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #111
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

1 PACQUIAO Bradley controlled the action with the jab, and some solid body shots. Pac landed nothing of note til the last minute. I really don't mind if someone gives this to Bradley, but it was a close round. Manny's quality shots won him that round.

2. BRADLEY. The flurry in the clinch was more than enough to win that round when Pac wasn't even working.

3. BRADLEY. Pac was missing with a lot of those lefts Lampley was cheerleading. Landed some nice work to the body. Solid clinch work too.

4. PACQUIAO Bradley trying to exchange and getting caught. Pac missing most of his punches, but the ones he's landing are negating the good work Bradley does do. Bradley wobbled and twists his ankle as he steps out.

5. PACQUIAO Manny catching Bradley's jab and straight. No body work. Pac turns it on late in the round and lands some really good shots.

6. BRADLEY. Bradley getting the jab back on track and towards the end was catching Pac with some very nice right hand counters. Pac missing almost everything in the corner as he flurries. Bradley with two good shots to the body and an uppercut right through the gloves. Huge Timmy round.

7. PACQUIAO Bradley using his jab, this time to set up a straight right on Pac's belly. Neither guy doing much of anything, but some decent exchanges in the last minute. Bradley clips Manny with a decent left hook. Manny just outworking him to steal it. Extremely close round. Give it to Tim for the body work or give it to Manny for the output towards the end.

8. PACQUIAO Bradley circling to his left again with the jab. Not landing, but it's controlling range, while Pac is just following him around. Bradley with a solid right left to the body and head. Pac answers with a jab to the head left to the body and a right to the head. Nice left hand by Manny inside right on the button. Straight left for Manny. Another counter right hand from Timmy. Pushes Pac back and flurries. Nothing lands solidly. Flurries at the end from both guys but nothing lands.

9 .BRADLEY Bradley comes out throwing lands the back half of a 1-2 hook combo to the body. Straight left partially or completely blocked by Bradley. Jab to the body by Tim. Pac lunging and missing. Timmy loses his balances and stumbles into the ropes. Doing a very good job of making Manny miss. pitty pat uppercut lands inside for Tim. Left to the body and some shots in the clinch for Tim. Very good 5 punch combo for Manny started with the uppercut. Landed at least 3 of those. Right hooks landing for Manny, clean but not much power. Manny dialing the right hook in nicely as Tim comes in. Bradley comes back with the jab..decent counter left hook lands for Tim..lands a digging left to the body and misses an uppercut. Both guys look gassed. Pitty pat combos with no effect by either guy.Bradley in the clinch lands a weak body shot and an uppercut. Slapping right hand lands for Tim. Pac flurries. Lands the back end of a 3 punch combo right through the gloves. Bradley lands a right to the body then a little later an uppercut. Pac wings a left over the top that lands clean. Bradley slipping the jab jab straight from Pac. Flurries at the end and neither guy lands.

10. BRADLEY Bradley starts off jabbing. Right to the body and a partially blocked left upstairs from Tim. Lull in the action. Bradley swings and misses on a winging right to the body. Right to the body left upstairs clean from Tim. Bradley moving. lands a jab clean. lunges with a glancing right. Pac throws a jab jab straight hook. Straight left from Pac partially lands. Pac lands the jab as Tim misses with his. Bradley with some weak shots with his head down. Winging right from Timmy partially blocked, but shows some effect. Leaping left hook blocked by Manny. 1-2 blocked by Manny. Straight left misses for Manny. Slapping left hook lands for Bradley. Another slapping left as Manny connects with his left. Bradley jabs being caught on the gloves by Manny. Bradley lands one jab and misses with the left hook. Bradley jabbing, Pac missing . Pac pushes a left hand that lands. Not much work landed by either guy. But the earlier work won Tim the round.

11. EVEN Bradley jabbing and being blocked. Counter right from Bradley partially lands, Bradley jabs to the body and the head both landing. Pac catching more Bradley jabs. Bradley lands another jab as Pac lunges with the right. Another jab to the body by Tim. Pac blocks the one upstairs. Pac blocks the 3 punch combo from Bradley. Left to the body lands for Bradley. Pac lands a little left to the body on the ropes. Pac blocking more Bradley jabs. Misses with the jab, but grazes Tim with the left. Bradley misses with some pitter pat combos. Bradley's punches blocked as he leaps in. Pac blocks another 3 punch combo from Tim. 2 jabs land for Tim. Tim moving and jabbing, but not landing anything. Pac flurries and lands a right hook then a left. Pac getting more aggressive, but not landing. Pac blocks a winging right from Tim. Then blocks a 3 punch combo from Bradley. Bradley with an awkward right hand that lands. Pac grazes him with a right hook but misses everything else. Decent right to the body by Tim. Slow round mostly. Tim landed more, but neither guy was really efective. I'd call it even or a Tim round.

12. BRADLEY. 4 punch combo by Bradley blocked. Jab lands for Bradley Slapping shots from Bradley land softly. Bradley with multiple jabs up top and a solid straight right to the body. Wild left hook misses from Tim. Bradley lands a jab to the body and one upstairs. Pac blocking punches, glancing right from Tim. Slapping 3 punch combo misses by Tim. Both guys miss combos. Bradley lands a decent slapping flurry to the body and one up top. Lunging left from Pac comes up short. Both guys gassed not landing anything. Bradley lands 2 punches in a flurry. lands a jab and steps away.Bradley flicking the jab missing most, but lands one as Pac lunges. Nothing of significance lands as they both throw some wild stuff. Pac did absolutely nothing in this round.

6-5-1 Timothy Bradley I called 11 even. I have no problem with anyone giving either guy that round. Pac really just gave rounds away by not punching. Timmy didn't land many hard shots, but he got some clean ones in. On first viewing I had this a draw, but that 11th round had absolutely nothing to offer from either guy. It was a close fight that Timmy edged because Pac stopped fighting.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #112
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimaru View Post
Just like to point out that in this thread alone if you read everybody's scorecards that Bradley has been given 9 different rounds by different people.

(Obviously ignoring the ridiculous scorecards)
Excellent point.

Multiple people have given Bradley close to two thirds of those rounds mentioned, too.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #113
Bad Boyz
Sportscenter
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 162

Rds. 1-7: Pacquiao 10-9
RD. 8: Bradley 10-9
RD. 9: Pacquiao 10-9
Rds. 10-12: Bradley 10-9

TOTAL: Pacquiao 116-112
Bad Boyz is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #114
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimaru View Post
Just like to point out that in this thread alone if you read everybody's scorecards that Bradley has been given 9 different rounds by different people.

(Obviously ignoring the ridiculous scorecards)
Well yeah, optimally the list will include all of Bradley's clear rounds + all of the swing rounds-

what we're trying to iron out is who gets what swing rounds, and when its competitive each round is where it gets blurry depending on what each person's scoring preferences are
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #115
Mrpacman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbox View Post
There's no reason to score a 10-8 round in last night's fight. That's utterly ridiculous
round 4 stupid flomo.
Mrpacman is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #116
Mrpacman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR BOXING View Post
what a bitch. . . .
You bitch.
Mrpacman is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #117
anundecidedarm
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I had it 8-4 in favor of Manny
anundecidedarm is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #118
crispjab
I uppercut myself

I had it
1-tim
2-pac
3-pac
4-pac
5-pac
6-pac
7-timmy
8-pac
9-pac
10-tim
11-tim
12-tim
7-5 for pac.
crispjab is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #119
PinoyProdigy
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 577

HBO are unbelievably biased towards some boxers but it shouldn't be a factor that influences your scorecard if you have a certain amount of knowledge of the sport.
PinoyProdigy is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #120
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyProdigy View Post
HBO are unbelievably biased towards some boxers but it shouldn't be a factor that influences your scorecard if you have a certain amount of knowledge of the sport.
Yep, which is why my score like most others scorecards look nothing like their 119-109 semen stain of a card
megavolt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum