Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
KuRuPT
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Default Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

who wins ?
KuRuPT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Liston gets exposed much like he did against Clay...Sonny has never seen the like of a man that would stand there (on the inside) and go shot for shot with him like Holy would do for sure...Holyfield by late KO...10th or 11th round.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

evander would give a beating to the quitter
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,725
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

I like Liston. Better jab, much better reach, stronger, more powerful, not that far behind technically.

If Liston's a quitter, so is Ali, Duran, Langford, Tyson etc.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
I like Liston. Better jab, much better reach, stronger, more powerful, not that far behind technically.

If Liston's a quitter, so is Ali, Duran, Langford, Tyson etc.

No...Liston is a REAL quitter...The very second he realized he was in there with a guy he knew he couldnt beat...He showed his true colors and bitched out....When did Ali quit like that!?
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
I like Liston. Better jab, much better reach, stronger, more powerful, not that far behind technically.

If Liston's a quitter, so is Ali, Duran, Langford, Tyson etc.
yes, exactly equal
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
No...Liston is a REAL quitter...The very second he realized he was in there with a guy he knew he couldnt beat...He showed his true colors and bitched out....When did Ali quit like that!?
i hope that he was not talking about ali vs holmes, maybe he was referring to the fight in manilla with frazier, anyway i tis absurd and ridiculous, ali and frazier were both in the limit in this fight and they fought a war, liston simply got frustrated and he did quit with a stupid excuse of his shoulder
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,725
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Ali didn't quit like that.

Tyson is a REAL quitter. As soon as he realised he was in there with a guy he couldn't beat in Holyfield he fouled out, deliberately. Bitch quit move, I don't pick him over any ATG.

Duran, total bitch quitter. Quit like a bitch when he was being embarrassed by a guy who was totally out-boxing him. Bitch doesn't beat anyone great unless they fight the wrong plan, Leonard proved that. He'd quit to a lot of top guys I bet.

Maybe not as straight up bitch as Vitali Klitschko. It's true he had a simlar shoulder injury to the one Liston quit with against Ali, but his opponent was smaller instead of kinda bigger.

Cotto actually got down on his knees rather than fight Straight up bitch quit move. Surprised he hasn't quit since, no heart.

And on...and on...and on...
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Ali didn't quit like that.

Tyson is a REAL quitter. As soon as he realised he was in there with a guy he couldn't beat in Holyfield he fouled out, deliberately. Bitch quit move, I don't pick him over any ATG.

Duran, total bitch quitter. Quit like a bitch when he was being embarrassed by a guy who was totally out-boxing him. Bitch doesn't beat anyone great unless they fight the wrong plan, Leonard proved that. He'd quit to a lot of top guys I bet.

Maybe not as straight up bitch as Vitali Klitschko. It's true he had a simlar shoulder injury to the one Liston quit with against Ali, but his opponent was smaller instead of kinda bigger.

Cotto actually got down on his knees rather than fight Straight up bitch quit move. Surprised he hasn't quit since, no heart.

And on...and on...and on...
yes they were... and?
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,725
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hands View Post
yes they were... and?
And quitting in boxing doesn't make a quitter. Quitting in the boxing ring and being "a quitter" are two different things.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 1,665
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
And quitting in boxing doesn't make a quitter. Quitting in the boxing ring and being "a quitter" are two different things.
I completely agree. The proverbial armchair athlete wouldn't understand.
Sangria is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
And quitting in boxing doesn't make a quitter. Quitting in the boxing ring and being "a quitter" are two different things.
liston did quit like a little bitch against clay because he got frustrated and he was taking a beating, he could not lose like a man, period
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #13
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hands View Post
yes, exactly equal
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #14
DaveK
Vicious & Malicious
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,831
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Liston gives Holyfield serious trouble.

Pretty even fight, but I'd lean towards a close decision win for Liston.
DaveK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #15
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Holyfield vs. Prime Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hands View Post
i hope that he was not talking about ali vs holmes, maybe he was referring to the fight in manilla with frazier, anyway i tis absurd and ridiculous, ali and frazier were both in the limit in this fight and they fought a war, liston simply got frustrated and he did quit with a stupid excuse of his shoulder

No way Heavy!..If he is talkin about the fight in Manilla then he needs to go back and do his homework..And your right it was a ridiculous excuse to quit..
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013