Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Removing emotion and 24 hours later - how do you view the decision?
Absolutely horrid decision, I agree with HBO/ESPN/et all - 119-109 18 23.68%
Terrible Decision, Pacquaio decisively won (117-111/116-112) 34 44.74%
Bad Decision, Close Fight but Pacquaio did enough to win it (115-113, 116-112) 9 11.84%
Close Fight, Both Fighters had moments, could have been a draw (114-114) 15 19.74%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
PugilisticPower
The Blonde Batman
ESB Addict

vCash: 108
Default Removing the emotion from this... is this as horrible a decision as people make out?

Starting point: I had Pacquaio 116-112 in a fight that had periods where he was just another level compared to Bradley but moments where he was lazy and let Bradley outwork him.....

But lets be honest.

HBO and the ringside reports make this seem like such a bad decision it makes me laugh when the reality and a seasoned review of the fight indicates it was much closer in almost every regard to the proposed "reality" by mainstream media.

Take HBO and their commentary of the Bailey fight before it, how they ragged on Bailey, said there was nothing he could do to win and even post the first knock down "Just a small blip for Jones who will easily walk away with this victory" - then BAMPF.

HBO were terrible, the way they discredited Bradley in the first round made me laugh - Pacquaio throws and lands perhaps three punches to go against two and a half minutes of work from Bradley and suddenly "Pacquaio not even phased, boom boom boom and the round is his"

That's the standard we're dealing with here.

Yes, Pacquaio deserved 116-112 but ultimately? Two swing rounds and we've got a draw. He did not deserve to lose and I can't get to that decision myself despite multiple viewings but he didn't get a practical shut out against Bradley and his own lack of activity in Rounds 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 seem to be what cost him in the eyes of the judges.

I gave Bradley 1, 10, 11 and 12.

I gave Pacquaio every other round, out of those rounds, 2 and 9 could have easily been swing rounds on my score card based on activity in Round 2 by Bradley and effectiveness in Round 9.

Swing those rounds and you've got 114-114 = a close fight = not really the robbery of the century/death nail in boxing that most overly emotive people are making it seem.
PugilisticPower is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #2
Skullrip
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Removing the emotion from this... is this as horrible a decision as people make o

no it wasnt close. not even close, baby.
Skullrip is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #3
P4P_Hero
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 100
Default Re: Removing the emotion from this... is this as horrible a decision as people make o

Only gave Bradley 10th.
P4P_Hero is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #4
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Bradley needed a KO to win going into the 10th. PAC is such a killer nowaday that he's suppose to hurt every fighter that he faces. If he doesn't hurt them he automatically lose that round. Even when they run and he can't chase them he's being exposed.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #5
Bodyshot99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 235

its worse. it consisted of Pac rocking Bradley multiple times and Bradley doin the hoola-hoop

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Bodyshot99 is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:41 AM   #6
godlikerich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

116-112 is still a clear and decisive victory. I think giving Bradley 4 rounds is generous so I don't think a draw would have been reasonable. I've watched the fight without HBO commentary and I still struggle to score it anything but 117-111 Pacquiao. Yes Bradley was busier some rounds but he wasn't effective more than about 3. Effective aggression went to Pacquiao by a country mile in nearly every round and therefore he clearly won the fight. This is the complete reverse of Pacquiao's last fight where I believe he lost to Marquez - Pacquiao was busier in that fight but Marquez landed the more effective shots and so should have won the fight.
godlikerich is online now  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:42 AM   #7
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

The thing is Pac win his rounds far more conclusively than Bradley. The tale of the fight happened basically like this. Pac won 6 of the middle rounds rather clearly. The other 6 rounds are close rounds. I would say 2 of those rounds were definitely Bradley rounds. The other 4 were rather close. Now if you can find it in your heart to swing those 6 rounds to Bradley then he earns a draw. That's conceivable, and if one judge scored the fight this way I would not crucify them on a cross. This is why we have three judges, though. Pac won and should have won according to the majority of the judges. Two out of the three judges finding Bradley winning seven of the twelve rounds is outrageous.

For those curious, in my opinion the close rounds that Pac didn't clearly win are 1, 2, 8, 10, 11, 12. I thought Bradley pretty confidently won round 10 & 12. I would also give Bradley round 1 and 11. Round 2 & 8 were probably the closest and toughest rounds to score. The 2nd time I watched the fight I still scored it a draw (With a different RBR than the first time) but when I watched it again on the big screen instead of the laptop in HD I found that Bradley won round two rounds clear and the rest were close. I could score him rounds 1, 8, and 11. But in no way Pac lost the fight. Pac basically swept 3-7 and definitely won round 9.

To compare it to the Marquez-Pac III. I probably had that in the 8-4 range, but there were more swing rounds. Marquez won his rounds more clearly and more often but if you swung every swing round to Pac you could give him a 7-5 win and nearly all the swing rounds he would get a draw. I do not think he deserves such and would expect the majority of the judges to get it right. Marquez won some of those close rounds, and won more definitive rounds which is why he clearly won. Maybe the 10 point system needs to be addressed. I don't think it's the issue, I think the judging is just atrocious.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #8
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Show how Bradley really won 7 rounds. This is what makes it horrible. It's a draw to a wide Pac score at the best and worst for Pac. That's what makes it a robbery.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #9
DogTheBountyMan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2634

Horribe because it was pre determined. 2 Judges give round 5 to Bradley.
Pacs best round IMO.
3x landed 3x %
Every single power shot was crisp and hard Tim looked like an outclassed fighter ready for retirement.
2 Judges for Tim is the worst scored Round on a big stage and top 3 or 4 in HiSTORY
DogTheBountyMan is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #10
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

I watched it again. . . 117-111 is the right score. . . same as i had the first time.

Bradley won rounds 2 (for sure his best round of hte fight), and rounds 10, and 12 simply because Pacquiao took it easy.
king khan is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 04:05 AM   #11
satchmo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Close fight. Hard to score.
satchmo is online now  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 04:06 AM   #12
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

It wasn't what you would call a non-competitive fight but in saying that I thought it was clear who won the fight. 116-112 or 115-113 Pacquiao but a draw or any score in Bradleys favour cannot be justified in my opinion.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 04:06 AM   #13
cpnasty
Fight Fan 83
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Terrible decision
cpnasty is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 04:09 AM   #14
ViktorVaughn
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Watching the fight live I had it a draw. 2nd viewing I had 4 rounds to Bradley. 116-112 for Pacman but that's a terrible decision anyway.
ViktorVaughn is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 04:09 AM   #15
Vergilius
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugilisticPower View Post
Starting point: I had Pacquaio 116-112 in a fight that had periods where he was just another level compared to Bradley but moments where he was lazy and let Bradley outwork him.....

But lets be honest.

HBO and the ringside reports make this seem like such a bad decision it makes me laugh when the reality and a seasoned review of the fight indicates it was much closer in almost every regard to the proposed "reality" by mainstream media.

Take HBO and their commentary of the Bailey fight before it, how they ragged on Bailey, said there was nothing he could do to win and even post the first knock down "Just a small blip for Jones who will easily walk away with this victory" - then BAMPF.

HBO were terrible, the way they discredited Bradley in the first round made me laugh - Pacquaio throws and lands perhaps three punches to go against two and a half minutes of work from Bradley and suddenly "Pacquaio not even phased, boom boom boom and the round is his"

That's the standard we're dealing with here.

Yes, Pacquaio deserved 116-112 but ultimately? Two swing rounds and we've got a draw. He did not deserve to lose and I can't get to that decision myself despite multiple viewings but he didn't get a practical shut out against Bradley and his own lack of activity in Rounds 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 seem to be what cost him in the eyes of the judges.

I gave Bradley 1, 10, 11 and 12.

I gave Pacquaio every other round, out of those rounds, 2 and 9 could have easily been swing rounds on my score card based on activity in Round 2 by Bradley and effectiveness in Round 9.

Swing those rounds and you've got 114-114 = a close fight = not really the robbery of the century/death nail in boxing that most overly emotive people are making it seem.

It was a horrible decision, especially in such a high profile fight.
Vergilius is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum