Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 AM   #16
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Anyone feel bad for bradley?

His good performance has definitely been overshadowed with the decision but at the same time he just earned himself a ton of money and the exposure that he badly needed in his career. Despite not being everyones favourite fighter at the moment he's put himself right in the mix for big money and legacy building future fights.
Post Box is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #17
Moses Hightower
We're related.
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I feel bad for him that his moment of glory is coming in such a bullshit way. I wish he would have actually earned it, but he didn't.
Moses Hightower is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #18
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Yeah, everyone is raining on his parade.

29-0

Bring on the rematch if Manny wants to get beat again.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #19
Moses Hightower
We're related.
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Box View Post
His good performance has definitely been overshadowed with the decision but at the same time he just earned himself a ton of money and the exposure that he badly needed in his career. Despite not being everyones favourite fighter at the moment he's put himself right in the mix for big money and legacy building future fights.
He did ok. I wouldn't call his performance "good". What should have happened is he should have earned a huge amount of respect for coming to fight, and putting up a decent effort, got a good payday, and went on about his business. He shouldn't have won.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #20
Moses Hightower
We're related.
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_g.o.a.t View Post
Yeah, everyone is raining on his parade.

29-0

Bring on the rematch if Manny wants to get beat again.
Your screen name speaks volumes.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #21
Tora
Estonian Cab Driver
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Bradley fought his heart out, sometimes even trading with Pacquiao, and finishing strong. Respect will come around when ppl. realize it was actually a good fight, or over the 2nd fight when THEY WILL ACTUALLY ****ING WATCH TWO FIGHTERS IN THE RING INSTEAD OF ONE. Because ppl. with one-sided scorecards sure just watched the one with the name, ask HBO.
i dont understand how people can say it was a bad fight, im sure its just the butthurtness of the whole situation.

i do feel for him though, thats gotta be hard.
Tora is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #22
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Quote:
Bradley fought his heart out, sometimes even trading with Pacquiao, and finishing strong. Respect will come around when ppl. realize it was actually a good fight, or over the 2nd fight when THEY WILL ACTUALLY ****ING WATCH TWO FIGHTERS IN THE RING INSTEAD OF ONE. Because ppl. with one-sided scorecards sure just watched the one with the name, ask HBO.
This is absolutely 100% correct.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #23
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Hightower View Post
He did ok. I wouldn't call his performance "good". What should have happened is he should have earned a huge amount of respect for coming to fight, and putting up a decent effort, got a good payday, and went on about his business. He shouldn't have won.
It was a good performance from him imo, he was in it more than the Primetime commentators were saying, but still losing, it was a valiant effort. To come back from being hurt multiple times and losing consecutive rounds to finish as strong as he did is a credit to just how hard he trained for the fight.
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #24
illwill007
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bradley fought his heart out, and got a decision that many think he didn't deserve(myself included). Justice will be served in november, and Timmy will either prove to everyone that he deserved to win, or everyone will just say that it was a fluke. Either way, he gets to make another huge payday, and he gets a second crack at pacquiao. If round 13 is anything like 10-12 then he has a real shot at winning. No I don't feel sorry Timmy, he will only be hated for 5 months.

Plus if he does win the rematch then he can go to mayweather who will give him something like 20%, and he will earn yet another amazing payday. Should he win that fight...he will be in demand.

Imo, Timmy has a very good chance in the rematch, as long as he boxes Pacquiao. He can then call out Mayweather in whatever fashion he wants i.e. I handled your dirty work bitch! lol
illwill007 is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #25
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Box View Post
It was a good performance from him imo, he was in it more than the Primetime commentators were saying, but still losing, it was a valiant effort. To come back from being hurt multiple times and losing consecutive rounds to finish as strong as he did is a credit to just how hard he trained for the fight.
I agree. . . This robbery really didn't do Bradley justice either. . .

I thought his stock would still have gone up, or at least stayed the same despite the losing effort. . .

He showed tremendous heart, and resistance. . He continued to try, as evinced by his punch output - I dont think BRadley has ever came CLOSE to throwing that many punches in a fight before. .

But ultimately, it's going to hurt him, because despite his valiant effort, he didn't even come close to winning the fight, and people will take it out on him .

AS LONG AS he doesn't go around saying he broke his ankle, or severely ****ed it up, I'm cool with Bradley. . I still wish him the best. . I don't expect him to say "I lost the fight" - as he still is going to look out for himself, which I can't really blame him.
king khan is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #26
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

No because he will get the rematch now and will make more money in the rematch and get another chance to prove he is one of the best p4p.
maciek4 is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #27
whirlwind
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill007 View Post
Bradley fought his heart out, and got a decision that many think he didn't deserve(myself included). Justice will be served in november, and Timmy will either prove to everyone that he deserved to win, or everyone will just say that it was a fluke. Either way, he gets to make another huge payday, and he gets a second crack at pacquiao. If round 13 is anything like 10-12 then he has a real shot at winning. No I don't feel sorry Timmy, he will only be hated for 5 months.

Plus if he does win the rematch then he can go to mayweather who will give him something like 20%, and he will earn yet another amazing payday. Should he win that fight...he will be in demand.

Imo, Timmy has a very good chance in the rematch, as long as he boxes Pacquiao. He can then call out Mayweather in whatever fashion he wants i.e. I handled your dirty work bitch! lol
Pac will ko him in rematch. See how when Pac turns on the switch he never miss Bradley's bald head and he always out of his feet.
whirlwind is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #28
sabor
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Respect Bradley for at least trying to put up a fight with pacquiao, but deep down in his heart he knew he lost this fight.

29 have tried, 1 got robbed.
sabor is online now  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #29
LoRd_inFamousX1
Lord of the Square Rings
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Bradley is the champ
LoRd_inFamousX1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum