Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #16
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928
Default Re: Why won't FBI get involve in anomalies in boxing..

FBI never gets things right..
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
HeavyPuncha
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Pacquiao loses a controversial decision and now people want a Federal investigation.
I'm not talking about PAC losing and getting FBI involved. I'm talking talking making this once proud sport better again and be mainstream like it was when the heavyweight champion of the world is like KING.
I don't give a **** about PAC losing cause there's nothing he can do about it. I'm talking about preventing future robberies by government setting example and making these corrupt individuals held accountable specially judges and promoters.
HeavyPuncha is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #18
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

You realize the FBI has spent millions of dollars and thousands of man hours investigating Barry Bonds and Roger Clemes without getting a conviction, right?

If they can't even prove Bar-roid knew he was juicing what do you expect them to do here?
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPuncha View Post
I'm not talking about PAC losing and getting FBI involved. I'm talking talking making this once proud sport better again and be mainstream like it was when the heavyweight champion of the world is like KING.
I don't give a **** about PAC losing cause there's nothing he can do about it. I'm talking about preventing future robberies by government setting example and making these corrupt individuals held accountable specially judges and promoters.
sorry but boxing really isn't important enough. like horseracing, fun as hell to watch, but crooked as **** but it still brings in a lot of money to the city and sponsors.

Even when the heavyweight was king there was still a shitload of crooked decisions and politics involved. The recent era is NOTHING compared to the mafia eras and the colour line eras.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #20
ITSMACHOTIME
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 236

Because the FBI dont hold as much power as made out by the media..

There are a hundred more serious cases out there to solve that the FBI dare not touch, ..

Boxing needs cleaning out from the inside, people need to start exposing names..
ITSMACHOTIME is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSMACHOTIME View Post
Because the FBI dont hold as much power as made out by the media..

There are a hundred more serious cases out there to solve that the FBI dare not touch, ..

Boxing needs cleaning out from the inside, people need to start exposing names..
I dont get what you're saying. it definitely isn't as powerful as it was during the hoover era, but it's still one of the most powerful and influential organizations not only in the country, but on this earth. FBI intelligece regularly influences decisions that the U.S executive branch makes which affect the whole world, directly or indirectly.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #22
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Specially corrupt judges and promoters screwing people off? Is boxing really that irrelevant of a sport in the US? Baseball Football and Basketball any wrong-doing by the players coaches teams are right away getting investigated by the FBI. Name it, from the Saints "bounty hunter" program to wire-tapping opponents locker room so they can hear what other teams are doing It's all investigated. And here in boxing atrocious decisions and blatant robbery is the norm which will kill the sport and no ones getting investigated and accountable. Simply amazing.
the FBI has already raided arum before

On the first week of January 2004, FBI agents raided Arum's Top Rank office in Las Vegas. Arum was on vacation when his office was raided, and the FBI originally declined to comment on the raid. The media reported that the FBI was investigating allegations that Top Rank was involved in fixing the rematch between De La Hoya and Shane Mosley, even though De La Hoya lost and Arum was De La Hoya's promoter. The federal agency also announced that it was investigating some of Eric Esch's fights, as well as the Jorge Páez-Verdell Smith fight. The investigation closed in the summer of 2006 with no charges being filed.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #23
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

the FBI??really??i mean the damn FBI?? come on man this is getting beyond dumb,move on they have a rematch clause and there will be a rematch if Manny wants one
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

whats next??Floyd needs to get a presidential pardon?
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #25
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3583

No need for the FED's baby!
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #26
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

OP is a complete tool.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #27
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Specially corrupt judges and promoters screwing people off? Is boxing really that irrelevant of a sport in the US? Baseball Football and Basketball any wrong-doing by the players coaches teams are right away getting investigated by the FBI. Name it, from the Saints "bounty hunter" program to wire-tapping opponents locker room so they can hear what other teams are doing It's all investigated. And here in boxing atrocious decisions and blatant robbery is the norm which will kill the sport and no ones getting investigated and accountable. Simply amazing.
You Pacquiao fans are taking this too far. You want Obama and the FBI to launch an investigation over a ****ing Boxing match?

So when your team loses the world series or superbowl you want that to be investigated by the FBI too? GTFO with that.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #28
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
the FBI has already raided arum before

On the first week of January 2004, FBI agents raided Arum's Top Rank office in Las Vegas. Arum was on vacation when his office was raided, and the FBI originally declined to comment on the raid. The media reported that the FBI was investigating allegations that Top Rank was involved in fixing the rematch between De La Hoya and Shane Mosley, even though De La Hoya lost and Arum was De La Hoya's promoter. The federal agency also announced that it was investigating some of Eric Esch's fights, as well as the Jorge Páez-Verdell Smith fight. The investigation closed in the summer of 2006 with no charges being filed.

I hope you are ****ing kidding. This stuff shouldn't happen over a ****ing boxing event. Someone has to win and someone has to lose and they can fight again. To go raiding people and looking for trouble is trouble in itself.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #29
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
We don't need the FBI ruining the sport of boxing. When has the FBI made anything better again? I suppose you want to involve the DEA because Peterson took steroids? You want to involve the ATF because of Margarito? Why not just send in the military to arrest Don King?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #30
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
I dont get what you're saying. it definitely isn't as powerful as it was during the hoover era, but it's still one of the most powerful and influential organizations not only in the country, but on this earth. FBI intelligece regularly influences decisions that the U.S executive branch makes which affect the whole world, directly or indirectly.
It's far more powerful than it was during the Hoover era. They have better technology, think satellites. They have more agents. They might not shoot you dead like in the Hoover era but they can frame you up for any crime or arrest you on any little excuse or just make your life a living hell. So yes they still have just as much power.

COINTELPRO didn't end with Hoover. And no we don't want all that political BS ruining boxing. It's bad enough Manny is a senator and that is probably the only reason people are talking about FBI.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum