Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #31
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750
Default Re: Why won't FBI get involve in anomalies in boxing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
yeah, because the FBI, if they did decide to investigate the corruption in boxing, would pour all of their resources into that undertaking, and completely abandon all more important national issues.
The FBI would ruin the sport of boxing. Instead of Arum and Don King style corruption we'd have FBI corruption with the feds and US government deciding who wins and loses.

Nothing could ruin the sport of boxing more than to get the FBI involved. I can't think of an idea worse. Hell I'd rather have the mafia run boxing again than have the FBI run it. The mafia might fix fights but do you really think the FBI would be fair with all their politics?

We'd have boxing flooded by conservatives and liberals and all sorts of election bullshit used to hype the fight. It's bad enough Pacquiao has become a jesus-freak and now you want more of that?
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #32
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibuku View Post
Same idiots been petitioning the Nevada Governor to hold a commission of enquiry. These guys think Pacquiao is a god of some sort.he lost to a guy who could barely move and they want the FBI and some governors in that ish,what are you guys smoking?
It's obvious Pacquiao is receiving special diplomatic treatment. Lot's of fighters lost controversial decisions and they didn't get this reaction.

The last time we saw this reaction was when Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson and they tried to act like Tyson was screwed by the ref.

This sore loser BS is what is wrong with boxing. If Pacquiao thinks he's a badass he should demand a rematch like Roy Jones vs Griffin or DLH vs Mosley.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #33
Peter__1987

vCash:

LMAO

You couldn't make this shit up, Pacquiao loses a bad decision and people want the ****ing FBI on the case

Why don't we call in Mulder & Scully whilst were at it
Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #34
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

Lol they have raided Bob Arum's office before.
king khan is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #35
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

FBI CAN GET INVOLVED.

If Bob Arum is paying people off that is a fraudlent activity

Where talking MILLIONS of pounds. With millions of fans bieng conned. that is a crime.

Bob Arum knows how to cover his actions though. He is an expieranced con man.

Wouldn't mind if the FBI all of a sudden crack down on this scumbag and ruin the rest of his life.
miniq is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #36
EONS
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Congress needs to get involved, not because Pacquiao lost by controversial decision but because this is getting out of hand already. Too many crooks in this sport, boxers using steroids, promoters and managers screwing over fighters, heads of boxing federations condemning certain acts of misbehavior by some boxers but turning a blind eye when it comes to boxers they favor. We have crooked judges, referees and so called discretion agreements when it comes to whether making steroid test results available to the public or not. The government already regulates everything in our lives so why not regulate boxing, boxing is getting slaughtered with all this in house fights, promoters who choose to do this need to be boycotted by the fans. The only way we can stop this is by boycotting this crap, Bob Arum already talking about how rich the rematch is going to make him, people need to stop this clown. Social media needs to get the word out to boycott this individual, he must think everyone is too stupid to not see what is going on. Mayweather gets blamed for not fighting Pacquiao, would we really want that fight to end like the one did this weekend, remember a trilogy would of certainly made plenty of money for certain individuals like promoters had it happened. In my mind that is exactly what would of happened, we would of had people in here arguing about that outcome and how they could not wait for the rematch and even hoping for a trilogy, mean while the people behind the scenes laughing all the way to the bank.
EONS is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #37
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxmaster View Post
It's far more powerful than it was during the Hoover era. They have better technology, think satellites. They have more agents. They might not shoot you dead like in the Hoover era but they can frame you up for any crime or arrest you on any little excuse or just make your life a living hell. So yes they still have just as much power.

COINTELPRO didn't end with Hoover. And no we don't want all that political BS ruining boxing. It's bad enough Manny is a senator and that is probably the only reason people are talking about FBI.
I agree with what you're saying to an extent but i'm thinking internationally.

in terms of influence it isnt nearly as powerful. hoover literally directly influenced the decisions of a string of u.s presidents. he was the most powerful man in the country for decades, by fat, and his organization reflected that. the fbi does not have nearly the all encompassing power that they once had.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #38
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

Quote:
The FBI would ruin the sport of boxing. Instead of Arum and Don King style corruption we'd have FBI corruption with the feds and US government deciding who wins and loses.

Nothing could ruin the sport of boxing more than to get the FBI involved. I can't think of an idea worse. Hell I'd rather have the mafia run boxing again than have the FBI run it. The mafia might fix fights but do you really think the FBI would be fair with all their politics?

We'd have boxing flooded by conservatives and liberals and all sorts of election bullshit used to hype the fight. It's bad enough Pacquiao has become a jesus-freak and now you want more of that?
I never once implied any of what you're supposing. read what I said.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #39
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

we need to have Obama speak on this issue with Congress
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #40
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I agree with what you're saying to an extent but i'm thinking internationally.

in terms of influence it isnt nearly as powerful. hoover literally directly influenced the decisions of a string of u.s presidents. he was the most powerful man in the country for decades, by fat, and his organization reflected that. the fbi does not have nearly the all encompassing power that they once had.
How would either of us know that? I would say the FBI still has dirt on virtually anyone but the difference probably is there isn't a Hoover running it. The FBI is organized differently but just as powerful only now the individual agents are like Gods rather than the director.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #41
vegasbigshots

vCash: 500

No FBI please. I like the current state of boxing. Boxing is clean, prestigious, honest and has integrity.

Now move on...
vegasbigshots is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #42
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

Quote:
How would either of us know that? I would say the FBI still has dirt on virtually anyone but the difference probably is there isn't a Hoover running it. The FBI is organized differently but just as powerful only now the individual agents are like Gods rather than the director.
I dont know where you're coming from. let's end this conversation now. we fundamentally disagree.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #43
Peter__1987

vCash:

We need to get Jimmy Mcnulty and Lester Freamon in on this shit

they'll run a tap on bob arum's cell phone, all this will be cleared up in no time and Pac will get his belt back
Old 06-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #44
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I dont know where you're coming from. let's end this conversation now. we fundamentally disagree.
The FBI can use the terrorism excuse to basically find anything on anyone.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #45
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

Quote:
The FBI can use the terrorism excuse to basically find anything on anyone.
in the hoover era, the fbi didnt need an excuse.
m8te is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum