Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #31
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mike Jones: Warrior or Idiot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Delahoya/Ruelas
Vargas/Trinidad is another. One punch power exists in boxing.

Ruelas and Vargas both had Glass Jaws. I don't know what you think you're proving by the above.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #32
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666

Quote:
Delahoya/Ruelas
Vargas/Trinidad is another. One punch power exists in boxing.
you have made it in life when you start to quote yourself
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #33
FrankinDallas

vCash: 1000

Fun starts at 40 secs, ends with the uppercut at 2:00

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_5_c8UGlkM[/ame]
FrankinDallas is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #34
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post

Ruelas and Vargas both had Glass Jaws. I don't know what you think you're proving by the above.
Yeah ok Vargas taking Quartey's best shots without flinching, but it's glass.

You're an idiot.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #35
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah ok Vargas taking Quartey's best shots without flinching, but it's glass.

You're an idiot.
He was embarrassingly KOed in four of five losses. That is the sure sign of a Frangible Mandible. Really, quit trying to debate punch resistance, you have made it painfully clear that you do not understand the definition of a Glass Jaw and you are loathe to admit that there are Boxers who have them. You are an abject disgrace.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #36
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Pure hype, been saying it for time, just not a natural looking fighter. And peeps on here were calling him the 3rd best WW in the world

He might do better with a new conditioner though, his legs make Bambi look like Pacquiao. Every time he throws more than one punch he looks like he's gonna fall over. He'd take a shot a lot better with his weight more evenly distributed as well.
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #37
RightCross
Grandmaster of Boxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 915

I dont get all the hate Bailey is p4p likely still the hardest puncher in boxing.
RightCross is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #38
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCross View Post
I dont get all the hate Bailey is p4p likely still the hardest puncher in boxing.
I doubt that, he couldnt KO glass jawed bum Yoryi Estrella in his previous fight.
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #39
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
if you chincheckers are the premier authority on breakable madibles, answer this, what region of the u.s produces the most glass jaws?

Unfortunately, the area where I'm from - the south. . .
king khan is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #40
JohnnyDogs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankinDallas View Post
Fun starts at 40 secs, ends with the uppercut at 2:00

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I love hearing stewart talking up andy lee. Andy lee, as good a chance as he has against chavez would get ko'd by Bradley in two rounds, lol.
JohnnyDogs is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #41
Bobo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewishamboy View Post
I doubt that, he couldnt KO glass jawed bum Yoryi Estrella in his previous fight.
it's about the delivery of the punch. He was probably doing the same thing, looking for one good shot all night.
Bobo is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #42
Staminakills
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlts20 View Post
1st off we have Bailey who might be the best pure puncher in the sport requesting the 8oz gloves and Jones says fine because he doesnt want any excuses. I dont think anyone would do that when they know that Baily's only chance is by KO.

Saying yes to 8oz could show that he's a true warrior but at the same time, saying NO wouldnt have meant that youre a punk. Its not like Jones wanted 12oz. 10oz is what everyone uses so thats fine. You didnt have to prove anything by using 8 when everyone uses 10.

Then fast forward to late in the fight. He gets dropped. Very hard shot & he hit his head on the canvas but he got up like a true Champ. I remember saying immediatly that he's lucky its the end of the fight and Baily doesnt have the skill to get to him. All Jones has to do is stay away which I know he will do and box the last couple of rounds to an easy victory.

Instead he comes out pressing the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Like a true warrior he is trying to close the show. It was a boring if not unspectacular fight but Jones didnt wanna go out like a punk. Bailey had no chance unless Jones came to him. He couldve closed it on in a boring way an ran but he pressed the fight to show the boxing public he's foreal, to show the fans in the building some action, and to close the show instead of just coasting to a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Ofcourse he played right into Bailey's hands of trying to chase a puncher around the ring. Walked right into a massive upercut with just less than 4min left in the fight that wouldve put him on path for a big name next. IDK weather to call him a warrior or an idiot but I lean more towards idiot........lol
Wtf man, first you claim he could be the best pure boxer in the sport, wtf not close to true, then you claim he doesn't have the skill to get to jones. Which is it ? The best boxer = ridiculously skill
Doesn't have the skills to get to Jones.

You claim both within 2 paragraphs so which is it ? Is he supremely skilled and the best pure boxer or is he lacking the skills needed for a boxer
Staminakills is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #43
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlts20 View Post
1st off we have Bailey who might be the best pure puncher in the sport requesting the 8oz gloves and Jones says fine because he doesnt want any excuses. I dont think anyone would do that when they know that Baily's only chance is by KO.

Saying yes to 8oz could show that he's a true warrior but at the same time, saying NO wouldnt have meant that youre a punk. Its not like Jones wanted 12oz. 10oz is what everyone uses so thats fine. You didnt have to prove anything by using 8 when everyone uses 10.

Then fast forward to late in the fight. He gets dropped. Very hard shot & he hit his head on the canvas but he got up like a true Champ. I remember saying immediatly that he's lucky its the end of the fight and Baily doesnt have the skill to get to him. All Jones has to do is stay away which I know he will do and box the last couple of rounds to an easy victory.

Instead he comes out pressing the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Like a true warrior he is trying to close the show. It was a boring if not unspectacular fight but Jones didnt wanna go out like a punk. Bailey had no chance unless Jones came to him. He couldve closed it on in a boring way an ran but he pressed the fight to show the boxing public he's foreal, to show the fans in the building some action, and to close the show instead of just coasting to a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Ofcourse he played right into Bailey's hands of trying to chase a puncher around the ring. Walked right into a massive upercut with just less than 4min left in the fight that wouldve put him on path for a big name next. IDK weather to call him a warrior or an idiot but I lean more towards idiot........lol
8oz for 147 and lower and 10oz for 154 and higher.this fight was 147. and even if the fighters agree to lighter gloves at the the higher weight it has to be agreed on by the commision which it was not for the pbf/cotto fight.

think before you post.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #44
Staminakills
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
8oz for 147 and lower and 10oz for 154 and higher.this fight was 147. and even if the fighters agree to lighter gloves at the the higher weight it has to be agreed on by the commision which it was not for the pbf/cotto fight.

think before you post.
Actually the real rules a 10oz for 147 nd higher. It's just that so many have been implementing the 8oz option.
Staminakills is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #45
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staminakills View Post
Actually the real rules a 10oz for 147 nd higher. It's just that so many have been implementing the 8oz option.
please post the link.

i have read the rules on numeorus occasion and it specifcally states wbc, wba and ibf as 10 ounce gloves for jmw and super welterweight fights and 8oz for ww(147)fights.

if you dont post a link it is safe to say that you are wrong, which i am 99.999 percent most positive that you are.
Quincy K is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum