Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #31
Da Chin Chekka
Chi-Town!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO Commentators R the Worst!!! EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury View Post
I had to laugh at Lampley during the Mitchell-Witherspoon fight, where at one point he goes, in that hysterical tone of his: "I love the way Mitchell ducked under that right hand and came back with a left hook."
Except Mitchell missed the left hook. It wasn't all that great a move at all, but to hear Lampley scream it out, it was the move of the centrury.

Hey, I like Mitchell and all, but Lampley is trying to make him out to be the second coming of Tyson or something.
This is the type of B.S. I'm talking about....What the hell is he watching?
Da Chin Chekka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #32
Da Chin Chekka
Chi-Town!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins View Post
I have been sick of Lampley for years. Guy just talks sometimes just to hear the sound of his own voice. Thinks what he says is the bottom line on everything. Total Tool! Get rid of him and Buffer and make me a happy man
Old 06-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #33
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 327

i had pac winning but these faggot ass commentators were on mannys nuts way too hard and wouldnt give bradley credit for shit. leddermans scorecard was a disgrace.

they loved to cry about Manny getting robbed but they acted as if Marquez lost convincingly knowing damn well he schooled pac. and to this day, still wont admt it.
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #34
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Sad part is the entire HBO production team is in on this BS. There were literally ZERO highlights for Bradley shown the ENTIRE night! ZERO!?! NOTHING!

Notice, everyone they sit next to Lampley who actually knows something about Boxing, i.e., Boxers? Is fired. With EXTREME prejudice.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #35
Da Chin Chekka
Chi-Town!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Sad part is the entire HBO production team is in on this BS. There were literally ZERO highlights for Bradley shown the ENTIRE night! ZERO!?! NOTHING!

Notice, everyone they sit next to Lampley who actually knows something about Boxing, i.e., Boxers? Is fired. With EXTREME prejudice.
Yeah it got so bad that George Foreman quit, because of Larry Merchant.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #36
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

I don't mind them. They often call missed shots for Pac and whatnot, but that particular case wasn't too bad. If you have an arm free you can punch, but in most close up clinches like that, the ref breaks them. They stood there for almost ten seconds without moving their feet standing straight up.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #37
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I was watching the Morales-barrera trilogy yesterday and Harold had everything opposite to the official cards... I find it amazing when this guy says that this is how it is and is very easy to score... Max is definitely losing personality under the lights in the big fights - I do hope he mans up sometime in spite of just making excellent speeches. Lampley always has been a duchbag and Manny Steward continues to have problems separating his views from his own work on fighters as a trainer. Larry Merchant already passed the 80 year old mark. But c'mon, Showtime without Steve Albert and with Jim Gray being made fun of every single time is not an alternative. Thank God Al Bernstein still loves the game and Antonio speaks clearly. Atlas on FNF is... Well I can't say it so...
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #38
Da Chin Chekka
Chi-Town!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I don't mind them. They often call missed shots for Pac and whatnot, but that particular case wasn't too bad. If you have an arm free you can punch, but in most close up clinches like that, the ref breaks them. They stood there for almost ten seconds without moving their feet standing straight up.
Yeah but Lampley and Stewart accused Bradley of holding and hitting when the video clearly showed Pac holding Bradley's arm... Also I see the better refs give the fighters a chance to punch their way out... Ain't nothing worse than a ref who breaks every time fighters get close to each other...it ruins the flow of the fight.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #39
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury View Post
Totally agree. Lampley is given to hysterical ramblings on occasion and places way too much emphasis on compubox.
Compubox literally means shit when scoring a fight. The judges don't use it, and for good reason. It's fine to use it to analyse a fight ex post facto, but that's it.

Lederman...I just find annoying.
it's not good for anything other than to appease jim lampley and hbo's agenda. someone posted a pic of the compubox guys and i noticed they had headphones on....i have to believe that they use them to score the fight. they are never off with jim lampley. pure bullshit.
daprofessor is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #40
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
yeah...but lampley stated that bradley was holding pacs arm when it was clearly the other way around.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #41
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
I was watching the Morales-barrera trilogy yesterday and Harold had everything opposite to the official cards... I find it amazing when this guy says that this is how it is and is very easy to score... Max is definitely losing personality under the lights in the big fights - I do hope he mans up sometime in spite of just making excellent speeches. Lampley always has been a duchbag and Manny Steward continues to have problems separating his views from his own work on fighters as a trainer. Larry Merchant already passed the 80 year old mark. But c'mon, Showtime without Steve Albert and with Jim Gray being made fun of every single time is not an alternative. Thank God Al Bernstein still loves the game and Antonio speaks clearly. Atlas on FNF is... Well I can't say it so...
lederman scored williams/quintana 1 for williams. need i say anymore?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #42
Ulver
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Chin Chekka View Post
I Always like to watch the fight live but with the sound off cause the HBO commentators are a sorry bunch...Lampley & crew is always screaming and getting hyped about punches that didn't land, rooting for the HBO fighter, etc...

Here is a example. Before I start I would like to state for the record that I had Pac winning the fight.

For those of you that have access to the fight go to round 2 at 2:23 of the round the fighters come together Pac's right arm is over Tim's left arm pinning it against Pac's body. Bradley does what a fighter is supposed to do, punch with your free hand, he does this until the ref breaks them at 2:11 then at 2:05 Lampley says the crowd didn't like the fact that Bradley had his left arm clamped over Pac's right arm and Byrd didn't break them, then Stewart chimes in "I was really surprised that Byrd didn't catch that ,cause he held on to it for a long time. Lampley shot back "Indeed Bradley was holding and hitting.
Sometimes I wonder What N the hell are they watching???

Now I know that this is just one example but it's like this for every fight.
Anybody else have any other examples? feel free to add them.
Pac won the fight, but HBO's cheerleading all night for him and ignoring anything good Bradley did was sickening.

That was a very very poorly called fight, and I fault all of them, Lampley, Steward, Kellerman and Lederman.
Ulver is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #43
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

11 rounds to 1

Pathetic.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #44
Da Chin Chekka
Chi-Town!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulver View Post
Pac won the fight, but HBO's cheerleading all night for him and ignoring anything good Bradley did was sickening.

That was a very very poorly called fight, and I fault all of them, Lampley, Steward, Kellerman and Lederman.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #45
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1945

SHOCKING!! really awful
biglemon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum