Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Now, I'm gonna start this shit out by sayin, most of ya'll don't know shit about boxing.

You got stupid mother ****ers sayin Mayweather is gonna walk Bradley down and KO him....AGAIN.

Just like with Cotto.

In this case, Bradley doesn't have the counterpunching ability that Cotto has, but he has good footwork, and he's hard to hit with more than one punch at a time.

He lacks the impact jab that Cotto does, and his jab is mainly used as a range finder, but it also gives away his offense, which is why he had so much trouble utilizing it against Pac when he was in full retreat mode after feeling Pac's power.

However, with that said, there are some dumbass mother ****ers on this site, as usual, that say he was controlling Pac with his jab. No, he was giving away his offense, and when he came foward with it, Pac already knew what was coming, and typically blocked all of his punches with maybe one or two slippin in as Pac was countering with his own much harder punches.

But this isn't about Pac, it's about Mayweather. If Bradley doesn't commit to his jab against Mayweather, if he decides to "box" him, Mayweather will counter the shit outta him. Bradley would get picked apart from the outside because Mayweather will wait him out, and be very cautious with what he throws.

He would utilize his reach, and Bradley would give his offense away. It wouldn't be very exciting fight, and despite Bradley's lack power or his perceived lack of power, Mayweather would not commit to many combinations.

The reason for this is two fold: as I stated before, Bradley's head movement, and footwork makes it very difficult to land more than one punch at a time. Secondly, when Bradley gets inside, he may be sloppy at times, but he does manage to land some punches of his own.

Mayweather is most vulnerable when he throws. He has a lot of accuracy, but he doesn't have the impact on his punches that Pacquaio does. Additionally, Mayweather's long lean body would get hit by Bradley's quick punches while Mayweather is throwing his punches, even if they land.

Pacquaio who is a much harder puncher was landing hard accurate counterpunches, yet through Bradley's sheer will and determination, along with his ingrained and trained reflexes still managed to hit Pacquaio on occasion with fast if a perhaps wild, punches.

Additionaly, he doesn't let up. You can't let your guard down with this guy because he's a like a pitbull in his attacks.

It is very unlikely that Bradley would utilize an outside fight plan against perhaps the best boxer in the game. If Mayweather had Hearns power, it might be a different story, and Bradley would be forced to fight outside or risk taking severe punishment.

Obviously Pacquaio isn't as devesating a puncher as Hearns, but he's a hell of a puncher and has a great deal of speed and precision. Even with those assets, Bradley still managed to have spurts where he attacked Pacquaio aggressively.

He also kept his wind for 12 rounds and has shown in previous fights that he doesn't fade. He can potentially come out like a new man in the late rounds relative to his opponent.

Against Mayweather who doesn't have Pacquaio's power, he's going to bully him and push him against the ropes. He's going to use aggressive defense, and his head won't be in one place like Cotto's was.

He doesn't have the power that Cotto has, but he's more relentless, and he's physically very strong. Let's put into perspective.

Bradley mauled Peterson, who effectively mauled Khan.

My point is, Pacquaio is deceptively strong, his legs are the source of his power, but even then, to me it looked like Bradley was the stronger man in the ring.

Is low center of gravity will allow him to push Mayweather against the ropes, and his relentless activity won't give Mayweather a break.

Mayweather will have to work his ass off in this fight. Even when Mayweather lands, which he will of course, Bradley won't hesitate. If Pacquaio can't stop this man in his tracks, with his extremelly accurate, precision power counterpunching, Mayweather won't be able to either.

He just doesn't have the type of power that I can see making Bradley, who has exhibited an excellent chin, and some of the best cardio in the sport, stop attacking.

Don't get it twisted. Bradley will attack all night. The majority of his punches will get blocked, or catch air, but he will land on occassion, even if they don't have the effect of Mayweather's, which they won't, and some judges may favor his aggression over Mayweather's counterpunching.

When you got a guy on you aggressively mauling you against the ropes and keeping you off balance, like Bradley does, it makes it very difficult for you to effectively get your shots in with anything behind them.

This guy is more physical than Ricky Hatton and he moves. He doesn't stay in one place. He doesn't look to rest when he gets inside. He attacks.

Floyd is getting older. A young guy with this type of pace and good aggressive defense, who doesn't fade is going to give Mayweather problems.

Honestly, all indications point to this being Mayweather's hardest fight.

See, styles make fights. And while Bradley doesn't have the impact jab that Cotto does, he will do more effective work on the inside because of his positioning and his movement.

And while his punches aren't as hard as Cotto's, they maintain their power throughout the duration of the bout due to Bradley's excellent physical conditioning.

The best way for Mayweather to win this fight obviously is to keep the fight in the center of the ring, and box Bradley.

But this is much harder than it looks. This is not a small weak guy that will get demolished. He proved that against Pacquaio.

Mayweather would really have to hit this guy hard to gain his respect and do his best to put this guy in boxing mode, so he can dictate the rhythmm.

And Mayweather will have some success with this, but I imagine the majority of the fight will be ugly, and against the ropes.

This will be one of those fights that has potential for people to say it went both ways.

Again with Bradley's opponent landing the more effective shots, but Bradley's workrate and activity are going to be much higher than his opponents.

And unlike Pacquaio, Mayweather doesn't have the power to keep him off as much as Pacquaio did.

Not only that, there are still questions about Mayweather's legs. There are two scenarios, he either chooses to go to the ropes or his opponents force them there.

I think it's a combination because he feels comfortable. Well this is a fight where him being against the ropes could be his downfall.

For the record, I think Mayweather would win. But if you got the same dumbass judges from this fight, they are going to favor Bradley's mostly ineffective aggression.

In summation:

Bradley's aggressive defense and his difficulty to hit cleanly with more than one punch at a time combined with his conditioning, relentlessness, and ability to absorb punishment, will give the 10 years older Mayweather who's not a big puncher, but very accurate, a very tough time.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
allenko1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: the Real Thread

Don't care what you think.

Not reading all that.

Mayweather would smash Bradley.

Let's be real. He's good but he aint on Cotto's level.

Bradley can't touch Mayweather...
allenko1 is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: the Real Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenko1 View Post
Don't care what you think.

Not reading all that.

Mayweather would smash Bradley.

Let's be real. He's good but he aint on Cotto's level.

Bradley can't touch Mayweather...
Cotto and Bradley are different.

Styles make fights. Bradley would be a harder fight for Mayweather than Cotto.

Bradley doesn't fade. Bradley moves his head. He's a young man, and he's determined and strong.

If he can take Pacquaio's, hard, accurate, precision counterpunches, and keep attacking him, he'll push Mayweather harder than he's ever been pushed before.

Cotto was done by round 9. Bradley will keep going. He gains momentum. He's not going to slow down. This isn't a 28 year old Floyd.

This is a 38 year old Floyd. This is not an easy fight. People are signficantly underestimating Bradley.

Again man, most people don't know shit about boxing on this site. It's ****in pathetic.

Learn the game.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
allenko1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Floyd's 35 actually.

No way it's harder fight because Bradley can't punch like Cotto or Mosley who rocked him early. Think a faster paced Marquez fight in this one...
allenko1 is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Serb Can
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Excellent post as always DE.
Serb Can is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenko1 View Post
Floyd's 35 actually.

No way it's harder fight because Bradley can't punch like Cotto or Mosley who rocked him early. Think a faster paced Marquez fight in this one...
Bradley doesn't fight anything like Marquez. Marquez is a counterpuncher by nature. He doesn't have a mauling style like Bradley.

Marquez has a patient style and needs room to operate.

Marquez is also signficantly smaller than Mayweather, and fight night proved it. It was a huge size difference.

You don't need to punch hard to beat Mayweather. You need to punch a LOT because if you focus on hitting hard, chances are, you won't land anything.

You have to throw a lot, and wear him down.

Similiar to how Frazier beat Ali.

Mayweather is not a big puncher, Bradley has an excellent jaw and some of the best aggressive defense in the game.

Not only that, but he's very difficult to hit with more than a single punch. He's going to constantly move, and unlike Cotto, who just stayed in one spot, and basically let Mayweather beat on him, Bradley won't do that.

When he's hit with a punch, his instinct is to move. And he can punch when he moves.

Like I said, styles make fights. He's a rough, tough, physical fighter with good defense and a strong work ethic. He'll do everything he can to punish Mayweather to the body and keep him off balance.

When you got a strong guy pushing you up against the ropes and keeping you off balance, it's hard to get your footing down to get a clean punch off.

He did this with Pacquaio too. He did everything he could not to give Pacquaio room to operate.

Even Cotto had success with this until he started to fade. Mayweather punches on Cotto against the ropes, clearly did not have the same effect as the ones he landed from the center of the ring.

Bradley is a hard fight. I didn't say he would beat Mayweather, but he would make an ugly, tough fight that would force Mayweather to work his ass off.

He ain't knockin this man out.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Floyd's physical makeup hurts Bradley, but hell, Bradley will be a better fight because he can adapt, take a better punch, and is more active.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serb Can View Post
Excellent post as always DE.
I appreciate that man, but sometimes I do post some straight bullshit.

This time I'm being serious though. I'm tired of misguided people saying that Floyd would walk through Bradley like he ain't shit, and knock him out.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
Kid Presentable
Facial Blocking
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Eye View Post
I appreciate that man, but sometimes I do post some straight bullshit.

This time I'm being serious though. I'm tired of misguided people saying that Floyd would walk through Bradley like he ain't shit, and knock him out.

Who said Mayweather would knock him out?

He'd be a clear favourite to beat Bradley i can assure you of that. From bookies to hardcore fans.

You calling people stupid mother ****ers on your opening post or that they don't know shit about boxing isn't going to change that.
Kid Presentable is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

DiamondEye,

How can you have a "Real Thread" about a fake fight?
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Mayweather wouldn't KO Bradley if he was in there with him for a month.

I'd expect him to be picked off with short sharp counters as he came forward aggressively. Not easy, but comfortable UD for Mayweather.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
DiamondEye,

How can you have a "Real Thread" about a fake fight?
Maybe it will happen.

Maybe Pacquaio will end up fighting Marquez or someone else, and Mayweather will fight Bradley.

It's possible...

I didn't say it was going to happen, but I'm posting as if it were to occur in the next 6 months.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

I'm certainly not sure Floyd could stop Timmy,but there was a period in the fight where he looked like he was heading out of there,and his rough-housing could get Floyd fired up enough to end up sickening Bradley.
I honestly never saw anything that made me thought he could get close to beating Mayweather.
For all the hoo-hah I actually expected a better performance from Tim the other night.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #14
MAIN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Eye View Post
Now, I'm gonna start this shit out by sayin, most of ya'll don't know shit about boxing.

You got stupid mother ****ers sayin Mayweather is gonna walk Bradley down and KO him....AGAIN.

Just like with Cotto.

In this case, Bradley doesn't have the counterpunching ability that Cotto has, but he has good footwork, and he's hard to hit with more than one punch at a time.

He lacks the impact jab that Cotto does, and his jab is mainly used as a range finder, but it also gives away his offense, which is why he had so much trouble utilizing it against Pac when he was in full retreat mode after feeling Pac's power.

However, with that said, there are some dumbass mother ****ers on this site, as usual, that say he was controlling Pac with his jab. No, he was giving away his offense, and when he came foward with it, Pac already knew what was coming, and typically blocked all of his punches with maybe one or two slippin in as Pac was countering with his own much harder punches.

But this isn't about Pac, it's about Mayweather. If Bradley doesn't commit to his jab against Mayweather, if he decides to "box" him, Mayweather will counter the shit outta him. Bradley would get picked apart from the outside because Mayweather will wait him out, and be very cautious with what he throws.

He would utilize his reach, and Bradley would give his offense away. It wouldn't be very exciting fight, and despite Bradley's lack power or his perceived lack of power, Mayweather would not commit to many combinations.

The reason for this is two fold: as I stated before, Bradley's head movement, and footwork makes it very difficult to land more than one punch at a time. Secondly, when Bradley gets inside, he may be sloppy at times, but he does manage to land some punches of his own.

Mayweather is most vulnerable when he throws. He has a lot of accuracy, but he doesn't have the impact on his punches that Pacquaio does. Additionally, Mayweather's long lean body would get hit by Bradley's quick punches while Mayweather is throwing his punches, even if they land.

Pacquaio who is a much harder puncher was landing hard accurate counterpunches, yet through Bradley's sheer will and determination, along with his ingrained and trained reflexes still managed to hit Pacquaio on occasion with fast if a perhaps wild, punches.

Additionaly, he doesn't let up. You can't let your guard down with this guy because he's a like a pitbull in his attacks.

It is very unlikely that Bradley would utilize an outside fight plan against perhaps the best boxer in the game. If Mayweather had Hearns power, it might be a different story, and Bradley would be forced to fight outside or risk taking severe punishment.

Obviously Pacquaio isn't as devesating a puncher as Hearns, but he's a hell of a puncher and has a great deal of speed and precision. Even with those assets, Bradley still managed to have spurts where he attacked Pacquaio aggressively.

He also kept his wind for 12 rounds and has shown in previous fights that he doesn't fade. He can potentially come out like a new man in the late rounds relative to his opponent.

Against Mayweather who doesn't have Pacquaio's power, he's going to bully him and push him against the ropes. He's going to use aggressive defense, and his head won't be in one place like Cotto's was.

He doesn't have the power that Cotto has, but he's more relentless, and he's physically very strong. Let's put into perspective.

Bradley mauled Peterson, who effectively mauled Khan.

My point is, Pacquaio is deceptively strong, his legs are the source of his power, but even then, to me it looked like Bradley was the stronger man in the ring.

Is low center of gravity will allow him to push Mayweather against the ropes, and his relentless activity won't give Mayweather a break.

Mayweather will have to work his ass off in this fight. Even when Mayweather lands, which he will of course, Bradley won't hesitate. If Pacquaio can't stop this man in his tracks, with his extremelly accurate, precision power counterpunching, Mayweather won't be able to either.

He just doesn't have the type of power that I can see making Bradley, who has exhibited an excellent chin, and some of the best cardio in the sport, stop attacking.

Don't get it twisted. Bradley will attack all night. The majority of his punches will get blocked, or catch air, but he will land on occassion, even if they don't have the effect of Mayweather's, which they won't, and some judges may favor his aggression over Mayweather's counterpunching.

When you got a guy on you aggressively mauling you against the ropes and keeping you off balance, like Bradley does, it makes it very difficult for you to effectively get your shots in with anything behind them.

This guy is more physical than Ricky Hatton and he moves. He doesn't stay in one place. He doesn't look to rest when he gets inside. He attacks.

Floyd is getting older. A young guy with this type of pace and good aggressive defense, who doesn't fade is going to give Mayweather problems.

Honestly, all indications point to this being Mayweather's hardest fight.

See, styles make fights. And while Bradley doesn't have the impact jab that Cotto does, he will do more effective work on the inside because of his positioning and his movement.

And while his punches aren't as hard as Cotto's, they maintain their power throughout the duration of the bout due to Bradley's excellent physical conditioning.

The best way for Mayweather to win this fight obviously is to keep the fight in the center of the ring, and box Bradley.

But this is much harder than it looks. This is not a small weak guy that will get demolished. He proved that against Pacquaio.

Mayweather would really have to hit this guy hard to gain his respect and do his best to put this guy in boxing mode, so he can dictate the rhythmm.

And Mayweather will have some success with this, but I imagine the majority of the fight will be ugly, and against the ropes.

This will be one of those fights that has potential for people to say it went both ways.

Again with Bradley's opponent landing the more effective shots, but Bradley's workrate and activity are going to be much higher than his opponents.

And unlike Pacquaio, Mayweather doesn't have the power to keep him off as much as Pacquaio did.

Not only that, there are still questions about Mayweather's legs. There are two scenarios, he either chooses to go to the ropes or his opponents force them there.

I think it's a combination because he feels comfortable. Well this is a fight where him being against the ropes could be his downfall.

For the record, I think Mayweather would win. But if you got the same dumbass judges from this fight, they are going to favor Bradley's mostly ineffective aggression.

In summation:

Bradley's aggressive defense and his difficulty to hit cleanly with more than one punch at a time combined with his conditioning, relentlessness, and ability to absorb punishment, will give the 10 years older Mayweather who's not a big puncher, but very accurate, a very tough time.
dam u wasted time typing all that and aint no one goin bother reading that bs

lil floyd whoops on timmy just like manny

he's just not in the same class as those two
MAIN is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
Marshmallows =)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This is where Bradley got it all wrong.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxVHLuly1sc[/ame]