Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #46
kingmiller8282
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Ortiz is younger than Bradley by a few years so what's your point?
kingmiller8282 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #47
Thatman
No respond troll pactards
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
And Manny couldn't knock out a 38 year old lightweight nor a lww with two bad feet. What's your point?


Pac has not had a knockout in 3 years or 5 fights. He only has one knock down in his last 5 five fights.
Thatman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #48
Ali_
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 976
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmiller8282 View Post
Ortiz is younger than Bradley by a few years so what's your point?
Whoops there goes Diamond's thesis.
Ali_ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #49
LoRd_inFamousX1
Lord of the Square Rings
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MGM Grand
Posts: 1,824
vCash: 100
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Bradley has no chance.
LoRd_inFamousX1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #50
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: To take what's mine.
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Again, for ya'll that don't know shit about boxing...
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #51
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Bradley fought out of character for bradley.

Bradley would make it a war against floyd. an ugly war. he'd be all over him like a rash.

it would be ugly, but also effective in parts too.

He tried tht with Manny but ended up having to run. Fair play on him for changing tactics.

But against floyd, his best bet his to maul and spoil up close with floyd.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #52
Don't Sleep
Personal Trainer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Bradley will get thoroughly outclasseed against Mayweather (even at the age of 35) ... Not saying that Bradley would not have a few moments here and there but Desert Storm is no where near as accurate as Floyd is nor does he have the superioir defense skills Money has.

I like Bradley (been a fan for a few years now) and respect his discipline/work ethic, but he just isn't on Floyd's level.
Don't Sleep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #53
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: To take what's mine.
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Mayweather would beat Bradley handily enough.
This is one of those fights where it really depends on the judges.

I think Bradley would hit mostly gloves and air, but his activity, and the fact that Floyd will land few serious shots on him because he'll spend the majority of the fight off balance, means that this could be an upset.

It could be one of those fights where it is very contraversial.

Bradley's elusiveness and speed and ability to fire back, will make Floyd cautious when the bout is in the center of the ring because it's very hard to hit Bradley with more than one solid shot at a time due to his headmovement, and when you attempt a combination, Bradley fires back.

Additionally, Floyd doesn't have the same type of power that another precision punching counterpuncher that Pacquaio does, and that still wasn't enough to deter Bradley.

Bradley also doesn't fade. He appears to get stronger as the fight goes on. And he doesn't stay in one place, like Cotto does for instance.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #54
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: To take what's mine.
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
Bradley fought out of character for bradley.

Bradley would make it a war against floyd. an ugly war. he'd be all over him like a rash.

it would be ugly, but also effective in parts too.

He tried tht with Manny but ended up having to run. Fair play on him for changing tactics.

But against floyd, his best bet his to maul and spoil up close with floyd.
Exactly. He had to run due to Pacquaio's precision punching power, and counterpunching ability.

And even then, while Bradley did run some, he still maintained the will power to take it to Pac.

Mayweather doesn't hit like Pacquaio and won't put himself at the risk Pacquio does to land combinations or to get his shots off.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #55
Don't Sleep
Personal Trainer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Eye View Post
This is one of those fights where it really depends on the judges.

I think Bradley would hit mostly gloves and air, but his activity, and the fact that Floyd will land few serious shots on him because he'll spend the majority of the fight off balance, means that this could be an upset.

It could be one of those fights where it is very contraversial.

Bradley's elusiveness and speed and ability to fire back, will make Floyd cautious when the bout is in the center of the ring because it's very hard to hit Bradley with more than one solid shot at a time due to his headmovement, and when you attempt a combination, Bradley fires back.

Additionally, Floyd doesn't have the same type of power that another precision punching counterpuncher that Pacquaio does, and that still wasn't enough to deter Bradley.

Bradley also doesn't fade. He appears to get stronger as the fight goes on. And he doesn't stay in one place, like Cotto does for instance.
Maybe not, but Floyd is twice as accurate as Manny and Bradley will get precisely countered with the wild flurries that he throws by Floyd. Plus Floyd is way more versatile and smarter than Manny, which is another reason Bradley was able to come on strong in 2nd half of the fight ... that probaly wouldnt work with Floyd.

Again, I respect Bradley and he is one tough cookie but he is not elite ..... at least not yet.
Don't Sleep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #56
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Diamond gots to be the dumbest muther****er posting now.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #57
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: To take what's mine.
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Sleep View Post
Maybe not, but Floyd is twice as accurate as Manny and Bradley will get precisely countered with the wild flurries that he throws by Floyd. Plus Floyd is way more versatile and smarter than Manny, which is another reason Bradley was able to come on strong in 2nd half of the fight ... that probaly wouldnt work with Floyd.

Again, I respect Bradley and he is one tough cookie but he is not elite ..... at least not yet.
First of all, Floyd being twice as accurate is bullshit. Floyd is more accurate, but it's also because he doesn't throw as many combinations, and when it comes to single shots, it's negligable.

Manny is one of the most accurate punchers in the game.

Floyd's accuracy will only have the impact you're talking about when the fight is in the center of the ring, and when Floyd does throw it will be single shots.

The reason why is because Bradley is elusive, and therefore difficult to hit with more than one shot at at time, and also because Floyd will be hesitant to throw combinations anyway because Bradley will hit you when you're throwing even if you land shots on him.

The harder punching Pacquaio who was landing precision punches in the trenches, and will risk more anyway, was not able to fully deter Bradley from throwing back.

Due to this, Bradley will keep Floyd off balance. He'll push him against the ropes, using his head and strong neck as leverage, and still be able to be mobile and use aggressive defense. It's something that guys like Dempsey used to use in the past, but in today's scene there are very few people that utilize this.

Bradley happens to be one, even if he doesn't have Dempsey's sharper impact punches. When you got a guy off balance, they won't be able to hit you with much impact.

Look at when Cotto had Mayweather against the ropes, yes Cotto was missing his punches, and yes because Cotto doesn't move his head like Bradley does, Mayweather was tagging him with accuracy, but for the most part there wasn't shit on Mayweather's punches because Cotto was keeping him off balance.

Mayweather did his best work in the center of the ring. And due to Cotto not knowing how to move his head, Mayweather could land combinations and hard punches.

Look at when Pacquaio fought Cotto. Almost every combination he threw landed because Cotto doesn't have very good defense.

In contrast, Pacquaio had great difficulty landing more than single shots against Bradley who consistantly move his head and has great footwork.

So, Mayweather will not commit to throwing combinations when the fight is in the center of the ring and Bradley's elusiveness will make it more difficult to find openings.

When Mayweather does have an opening, he'll do his best work, but it will be with mostly single shots, and his cautiousness will give an already EXCELLENT conditioned Bradley more time to recover.

Mayweather isn't knocking him out or hurting him because Bradley has an excellent chin and if Pacquaio can land hard punches that he doesn't see and not put him down, Mayweather won't be able to either.

So this means the fight is going to take place against the ropes. Bradley does NOT FADE like Cotto. He moves his head, unlike Cotto.

He gets stronger as the fight goes on.

He will make this a rough, ugly fight, and push Floyd to work harder than he's ever had to work before.

This would be Floyd's hardest fight. Unquestionably.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #58
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: To take what's mine.
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Diamond gots to be the dumbest muther****er posting now.
You ain't offer shit except troll bullshit and dick suckin. I ain't into that.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #59
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: LA
Posts: 6,515
vCash: 962
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

Anyone who thinks Bradley could bully and maul Floyd don't know shit about boxing, and if he does decide to rough house he will get it back twice as bad.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #60
mr fists
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 469
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather vs Bradley: The Real Thread

bradley got outboxed by pac, he has little hope against mayweather. i doubt he could bully mayweather enough for the decision when the bigger, more powerful and more talented cotto couldnt.
mr fists is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013