Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
goby
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default It was just a boxing match people

C'mon. Im a boxing fan too. I order all the PPV's. Its a subjective situation when there are no guidelines for judging or regulation. We all know this. We can only all be surprised when the "superstar" gets the shaft? "Crap decisions" happen all the time. Thats just the way it is. Move on. Its not life or death for anyone other then those involved (the only ones that should be seriously concerned with). This too will pass. No biggie. The ones that get caught up in this that have no involvement other then being a fan, have real emotional/social issues.
goby is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
Kingkazim
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: It was just a boxing match people

I am emotionally attached to boxing. Bad decisions scar me to the core
Kingkazim is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
goby
Journeyman

I respect and appreciate the honesty. But you recognizing and admitting this, means you are not one of the severely mentally ill boxing fans out there.
goby is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

emotional, social issues? wouldn't go that far. how about, just some serious boxing fans who may or may not be appauled by the judge's verdict of a fight? I think that's the more reasonable perspective. concluding that people have emotional and social issues is completely unfounded imo.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Kingkazim
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
emotional, social issues? wouldn't go that far. how about, just some serious boxing fans who may or may not be appauled by the judge's verdict of a fight? I think that's the more reasonable perspective. concluding that people have emotional and social issues is completely unfounded imo.
Agreed.

Its like any other sport really. You will see grown men leading decent lives become DISTRAUGHT when their favorite team loses.

Its just part of life, you take the dissapointments with the successes
Old 06-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
goby
Journeyman

Have you seen the pics of people crying? Have you seen some of the posts? Just like the "fans" that cry for other sporting events-there are emo issues there no doubt. Some are healthier then others. But I guess not doing that contradicts the definition of "fan" aka "fanatic".
goby is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
goby
Journeyman

I was dissapointed with the decision. Thought it was crap. But then thats it. Its done. Either change judging or accept it. If there were rules or guidelines out there that should have prevented this, then I can better understand the uproar. But how can people that KNOW boxing not know that this outcome is very possible considering the system? Thats what gets me. Its as if people think boxing doesnt lend itself to this for most of its history. As if someone played with a viper and got bit, and were surprised and upset??
goby is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
Kingkazim
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I havent seen the pics of people crying, that sounds hilarious, please show me them lol.

But yes I have seen many posts of people being upset and I dont blame them. But its far from being "emo". How can you determine that over the internet? For all we know these "emos" are the most emotionally stable people in the world that happen to love the sport of boxing very much
Old 06-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Little Pea
'A' grade boxing fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by goby View Post
C'mon. Im a boxing fan too. I order all the PPV's. Its a subjective situation when there are no guidelines for judging or regulation. We all know this. We can only all be surprised when the "superstar" gets the shaft? "Crap decisions" happen all the time. Thats just the way it is. Move on. Its not life or death for anyone other then those involved (the only ones that should be seriously concerned with). This too will pass. No biggie. The ones that get caught up in this that have no involvement other then being a fan, have real emotional/social issues.
I agree.

Never been hard for me to move on with these things.

Of course I discuss it but it doesn't haunt me.
Little Pea is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
Indio-Bandido
Belt holder
ESB Addict

shut up u newbie piece of shit. this is a serious matter. these big fights are very important to me. they dont only affect the fighters themselves, they also affect other fighters who were probably gonna face the boxers involved and they affect our short and mid-term entertainment. entertainment is important.
Indio-Bandido is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1777

Some people are passionate about this sport and seeing the wrong guy getting a win because of money/corruption is of course saddening to them (especially to the fans of the fighter getting robbed), also robberies sometimes even ruin careers so it's no small deal really.
Cafe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum