Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default This is my take on why they screwed manny over.....

like many of us, arum knew or felt that manny just wasn't gonna steamroll through a young, and hungry bradley......if manny beat bradley (imo he did) on the cards, then there would be absolutely nothing left for manny out there......marquez ??? floyd ??? ortiz ???? all serious threats that can beat manny, but neither of them belong to arum, who would actually be the real loser in all this.....

so what does arum do......make manny vs anybody in the future lose the sizzle it once had, but another arum boy gained it....regardless of what happens in bradley vs manny 2, does it even matter anymore ???

manny hasn't blown an opponent out in a very long time, while floyd has looked great recently....do you really think arum will go into negotiations with things this uneven ??? **** no....we might not ever see floyd vs manny now, and if we did, it wouldn't ****en matter anyways

a young, undefeated black american was the prize winner in all of this...arum will now pump everything he can in and outta timmy for the years to come.....

who remembers the video where floyd warned manny of this....and he said he would pay jmm step aside money to fight manny a few years ago ????

floyds an asshole, but he knows arum in and out and had him figured out since the beginning......
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Default Re: This is my take on why they screwed manny over.....

ttt
Old 06-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Yeah, I agree. If Pacquiao had beaten Bradley, what was next for him? Maybe a fight with Marquez but that isn't guaranteed. Now, there is at least a rematch and maybe even a rubber match if Pacquiao beats Bradley in a good fight. In that time, Arum can either sign Marquez or someone else who is a threat to Pacquiao.

Pacquiao had no immediate opponent. By robbing him, Arum created a bigger star in Bradley and also guaranteed himself a few more interesting fights for Pacquiao.

Had the decision been 117-111, like I think it should have been, Pacquiao wouldn't have had any opponent and Bradley would have been just another overrated, overhyped kid who nobody wants to see again.

Arum is a cunt but he is smart.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
like many of us, arum knew or felt that manny just wasn't gonna steamroll through a young, and hungry bradley......if manny beat bradley (imo he did) on the cards, then there would be absolutely nothing left for manny out there......marquez ??? floyd ??? ortiz ???? all serious threats that can beat manny, but neither of them belong to arum, who would actually be the real loser in all this.....

so what does arum do......make manny vs anybody in the future lose the sizzle it once had, but another arum boy gained it....regardless of what happens in bradley vs manny 2, does it even matter anymore ???

manny hasn't blown an opponent out in a very long time, while floyd has looked great recently....do you really think arum will go into negotiations with things this uneven ??? **** no....we might not ever see floyd vs manny now, and if we did, it wouldn't ****en matter anyways

a young, undefeated black american was the prize winner in all of this...arum will now pump everything he can in and outta timmy for the years to come.....

who remembers the video where floyd warned manny of this....and he said he would pay jmm step aside money to fight manny a few years ago ????

floyds an asshole, but he knows arum in and out and had him figured out since the beginning......
I started a thread similar to this a couple of days ago. There was also talk of Manny thinking about leaving Uncle Bob. This would totally **** TR who as no Marque fighters to be the cash cow. I think he did not want to be left with nothing like when Cotto left
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
exocet76
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I just don't see Bradley as the big draw in the future, this is a short term play for Arum.
I do agree with you Jack, Arum is a smart cunt.
exocet76 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Yo you are right, but we are beating a dead horse to death.

Bob Arum will get his pockets picked by Floyd if that fight ever gets made. Floyd 70 mil compared to Bradley's 5 mil?

It leaves a lot more cash for Arum to snag when he has Manny against these guys that can not demand shit for $. It does not suit Arum to do business with Floyd because he HAS to split a massive amount of revenue between BOTH fighters, pac and floyd. Do you think he cares about that?

Hes going to milk the **** out of Pac before he finally concedes to a Floyd match. As you can see, Arum doesn't give a SHIT about Pacquiao's career, legacy, OR HEALTH The **** is willing to feed Pacquiao to Floyd, once hes all washed up. Don't get it twisted, Floyd ain't intentionally delaying the fight, or hoping that Pacquiao gets old, because Floyd is getting old too. Its ****er Arum that doesn't mind at what age those two HOFers meet.
pound is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:

floyds an asshole, but he knows arum in and out and had him figured out since the beginning
Here are the supplements to your opening post, freddy

"You know Cotto(e)'s contract is almost up. So you know bob arum, you know, of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Cottto(e) thinking about leaving, going on his own. So of course, bob arum, arum doesn't want that to happen. So he like okay if you leave me you gon be beat before you leave me." - Floyd

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It seems he's finally cashing out on emmanuel. If a 4th Juan fight happens, it'll be tough for emmanuel win or lose likely causing him to further decline. This increases the chances of Timmeh winning their rematch next year. bob wants to use the hated Black guy blueprint to build Timmeh up.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

i'm starting to think we might not see manny vs timmy 2

dont think arum can pull that rabbit out the same hat, twice......
Old 06-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Ortiz is a big threat?
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Eye View Post
Ortiz is a big threat?
to manny and anyone at 147 **** YEAH !!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

This is the interview you were talking about.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFoXYt8sVdc[/ame]
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

Mayweather, 'If you leave me, you gonna get beat'
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
Colpolite
Belt holder
ESB Addict

My take on it is that Pac and Bradley isn't in it on the fix because they were trying to knock each other off and what if a shot connected and KO'd Bradley or Bradley hurt Manny.

Here is my take on this, Arum before the fight already planned that if Manny is suppose to win, he needs to win impressively by KO or TKO or stoppage and if he does not and win another decision, then why not give the W to Bradley regardless if it's a close fight or the other way around. IMO that is the fix right there but of course Arum will never tell us or admit to it.

The reason for this is Pac last 2-3 fights were dull and unexciting lately and he hasn't had a stoppage win since Cotto and giving the fight to Pac on a decision W again does not make him a much more desirable fighter since he is either shot because of age.

All Business move by Arum.
Colpolite is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #14
Donovan
Journeyman

vCash: 100

Quote:

I agree with everything you said here, but based on your response to the Rios/Abril fight (which was a worse robbery than Pac/Bradley), I can't help but think you would have had Bradley winning if he were Mexican.
Donovan is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
mick557
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Pacquiao should do a Hagler and just walk away and say **** it i'm done with this.
mick557 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum