Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Why does everyone want to see Pac/Mayweather fight? Mayweather just runs!

It'll be a boring fight, probably worse than Bradley fight. Mayweather will be too scared to trade, so Manny will get bored and will lose rounds from not doing much. It's just going to be a boring fight, not exciting like everyone seems to think.
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why does everyone want to see Pac/Mayweather fight? Mayweather just runs!

It's the best 2 fighters of the last decade, around the same age and fighting in the same weight division. You'd have to be a retard to not want to see it.

Also... another point... what some of you so called boxing fans call running is actually boxing. It's the art of hit and not get hit. Makes me laugh how any fighter that doesn't stand and trade becomes a runner to ESB posters
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #3
Thatman
No respond troll pactards
ESB Addict

Default Re: Why does everyone want to see Pac/Mayweather fight? Mayweather just runs!

u ****ing serious.
Thatman is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #4
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post
It's the best 2 fighters of the last decade, around the same age and fighting in the same weight division. You'd have to be a retard to not want to see it.

Also... another point... what some of you so called boxing fans call running is actually boxing. It's the art of hit and not get hit. Makes me laugh how any fighter that doesn't stand and trade becomes a runner to ESB posters
No, I meant he runs in the Pacquiao fight. He won't want to feel Pacquiao's power, or at least if he does, he won't want to continue trading. He will back off and run, use his tight defence, and probably win a close fight because Manny will get bored that he's not trading, and in return lose rounds.
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #5
jasbar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I want to see them fight but i agree with u that it could be a boring fight since Floyd will just run. Floyd may win on points but he wont hurt Pac
jasbar is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:43 AM   #6
JMM's Pee Pee
God Damn!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma1 View Post
It'll be a boring fight, probably worse than Bradley fight. Mayweather will be too scared to trade, so Manny will get bored and will lose rounds from not doing much. It's just going to be a boring fight, not exciting like everyone seems to think.
More like too smart and too skilled to give a vastly inferior boxer a chance to win by trading with him. Why take one to land one when you can take none and land three?

BTW, I don't want to see this fight because it'll be another easy win for Mayweather. I'd rather see him take on a much bigger challenge in Martinez and Pacquiao can take on someone on his own level like JMM who he still has yet to beat convincingly in three attempts.
JMM's Pee Pee is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #7
Peter__1987

vCash:

Yeah because Floyd ran like a bitch against Cotto didn't he?

This thread sucks
Old 06-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #8
busstonedfx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

i thought the whole point was to see someone beat floyd finally and shut his mouth... maybe 3 years too late for that to happen...
busstonedfx is online now  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #9
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Floyd will/would dominate pac. Ts is right it would be a boring fight. Roach even knows this. Arum fears making the fight. And now manny lost. He will likely fight bradley, then jmm and lose and retire.
1lehudson is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Yeah because Floyd ran like a bitch against Cotto didn't he?

This thread sucks
Cotto had neither the power, speed, or agility to bother Mayweather. We could see that by the way Margarito walked through Cotto's punches in the 2nd fight too.
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #11
Young Terror
O.G
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 935

I dont want to see Pac anymore.

The dude is past it.

And should retire before he hurts his legacy.
Young Terror is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #12
sweetray
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Floyd hits and runs but at his age he can`t keep runnung for 12 rounds.
sweetray is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
Sunchild78
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma1 View Post
it'll be a boring fight, probably worse than bradley fight. Mayweather will be too scared to trade, so manny will get bored and will lose rounds from not doing much. It's just going to be a boring fight, not exciting like everyone seems to think.
You failed please try again.
Sunchild78 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #14
LordJomski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM's Pee Pee View Post
More like too smart and too skilled to give a vastly inferior boxer a chance to win by trading with him. Why take one to land one when you can take none and land three?
Hold it right there.. Yes with the red highlighted ones..

"IF" Floyd's skill is a lot better than Manny, then he could've beat Oscar and Cotto with ease.. He could've finished Hatton easier.. He should've destroyed Margarito.. He should've fought Williams and Martinez back then..

These are all facts.. You won't beat those guys with pure athleticism alone.. Especially with no reach advantage to utilize with(except for Ricky).. I can name 10 other boxer with speed and power faster or at par with Manny, but can't see them dominate the sport the way Manny did..
LordJomski is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
I agree it won't be very exciting, if Floyd comes out of jail anywhere near the his current self he will slowly pick pac apart. Floyd has to many tools and Manny with all his explosive greatness will fall short because he lacks the layers needed to defeat Floyd. We are all entitled to our opinions but I compeletly disagree with your synopsis.
Caper is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum