Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #1
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Why do people call Victor Ortiz a "quitter" he ain't a quitter, he's a warrior!

In my opinion, Victor Ortiz is a total warrior! He wears his heart on his sleeve, and he doesn't mind having a tear up. Just because he ducked out of the Maidana fight, doesn't make him a quitter, Maidana hits f**king hard, so doesn't make Ortiz a bad person.
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
JMM's Pee Pee
God Damn!
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Why do people call Victor Ortiz a "quitter" he ain't a quitter, he's a warrior!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma1 View Post
In my opinion, Victor Ortiz is a total warrior! He wears his heart on his sleeve, and he doesn't mind having a tear up. Just because he ducked out of the Maidana fight, doesn't make him a quitter, Maidana hits f**king hard, so doesn't make Ortiz a bad person.
He also bitched out of the Mayweather fight. Things weren't going his way so he resorted to fouling.
JMM's Pee Pee is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
zulander
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people call Victor Ortiz a "quitter" he ain't a quitter, he's a warrior!

no he isnt a bad person but he quit in a fight where the a guy he put down got back up again

to be fair i dont think he will ever do it again - against Berto he was a warrior but its leaves question marks over his mentality and will to win
zulander is online now  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

I like Victor. He's awesome.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #5
Enigma1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM's Pee Pee View Post
He also bitched out of the Mayweather fight. Things weren't going his way so he resorted to fouling.
He was being elbowed!
Enigma1 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 AM   #6
JMM's Pee Pee
God Damn!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma1 View Post
He was being elbowed!
More like pushed off with a forearm. He was also being thoroughly outboxed, which is why he resorted to butting. He tried to butt at least twice before landing the one that cost him a point, BTW
Old 06-13-2012, 04:58 AM   #7
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I agree... That Maidana thing was a fluke and that headbutting was G as ****... except the hugging Part...

IMO I think he has a big heart and it makes him seem very sensitive that's why he says the shit he says...

Also a quitter doesn't get ****ing KD hard by a hard ass PED Berto shot then gets up and Knocks Berto DOWN... that ain't a no heart quitter IMO... he had a hard night with Maidana and that was a fluke..

Again his big heart and stupid self shows up with Mayweather... head butts him but then feels like shit about and wants to **** him on stage and hug it out..

He has to much HEART imo.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #8
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

he has history of being a quitter
Quit on his stool against Khan in the amateurs
mishima is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #9
JMM's Pee Pee
God Damn!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I agree... That Maidana thing was a fluke and that headbutting was G as ****... except the hugging Part...

IMO I think he has a big heart and it makes him seem very sensitive that's why he says the shit he says...

Also a quitter doesn't get ****ing KD hard by a hard ass PED Berto shot then gets up and Knocks Berto DOWN... that ain't a no heart quitter IMO... he had a hard night with Maidana and that was a fluke..

Again his big heart and stupid self shows up with Mayweather... head butts him but then feels like shit about and wants to **** him on stage and hug it out..

He has to much HEART imo.
He doesn't have too much brains, does he? Mother****er's dumber than a bag of hammers.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #10
Kingkazim
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

He has heart but no brain. His quit against Maidana was stupid, he should have at least tried to fight on the outside and not get hit so much.
And his headbutt on Mayweather was due to frustration and further stupidity, not a lack of heart.
Kingkazim is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #11
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima View Post
he has history of being a quitter
Quit on his stool against Khan in the amateurs
They aren't in the amateurs any more. He didn't quit. Victor got outpointed when Khan fought him. Victor would brutally rape Khan in the ring. FACT.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #12
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince. View Post
They aren't in the amateurs any more. He didn't quit. Victor got outpointed when Khan fought him. Victor would brutally rape Khan in the ring. FACT.
Doesn't change the fact that he has a history of quitting:

Robert Garcia: 'There's more coming,' stuff like that, he will get to his head and Victor gives up. He did it many times in sparring. He did it against Amir Khan in the amateurs when they fought in the Junior Olympics; he quit against Amir Khan.

Khan on the Ortiz fight:

"When we met in the Amateurs in Louisiana we were both just 17.He was a real big name,had been unbeaten for a very long time and a lot of guys were pulling out from fighting him.
All the Americans told me I would get beat but I really took him apart - Beat him to the punch and overpowered him.After two rounds,he stayed on his stool and couldnt take anymore."
mishima is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #13
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima View Post
Doesn't change the fact that he has a history of quitting:

Robert Garcia: 'There's more coming,' stuff like that, he will get to his head and Victor gives up. He did it many times in sparring. He did it against Amir Khan in the amateurs when they fought in the Junior Olympics; he quit against Amir Khan.

Khan on the Ortiz fight:

"When we met in the Amateurs in Louisiana we were both just 17.He was a real big name,had been unbeaten for a very long time and a lot of guys were pulling out from fighting him.
All the Americans told me I would get beat but I really took him apart - Beat him to the punch and overpowered him.After two rounds,he stayed on his stool and couldnt take anymore."
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSnXMyi0TFA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQg5aT8xzVA&[/ame]

Go to 5:12
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #14
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

^i can't see the vid at work but he did quit like a bitch against Maidana
mishima is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 05:33 AM   #15
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Great warrior mindset:

"I was hurt. I'm not going to go out on my back. I'm not going to lay down for nobody. I'm going to stop while I'm ahead, and that way I can speak well when I'm older ... We'll see what happens from here on out. I'm young but I don't think I deserve to be getting beat up like this. I have a lot of thinking to do".
mishima is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum