Totalpac is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 AM   #32
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: St Marys last nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalpac View Post
Plausible suggestions welcome
There are about 380 heavyweights ranked higher than de Mori's last opponent Troy Weida, and their names aren't exactly a secret >>>

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 08-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #33
Totalpac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Oh thats all there is to it, pick a name, ask them to fight, cool, thanks, big help I'll let Mark and his managers know.
Totalpac is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #34
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Oh thats all there is to it, pick a name, ask them to fight, cool, thanks, big help I'll let Mark and his managers know.
There are 380 opportunities to cross off before you end up with an opponent as bad as Troy Wieda again.

If you're waiting for the phone to ring you'll be waiting a long time. Time you stopped moping around saying it's too hard, and made some calls
Old 08-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #35
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
There are 380 opportunities to cross off before you end up with an opponent as bad as Troy Wieda again.

If you're waiting for the phone to ring you'll be waiting a long time. Time you stopped moping around saying it's too hard, and made some calls
You reap what you sow. No point playing the victim. I'd have much more respect for Mark identifying a target or a path to a belt and calling someone out on social media. Get some pressure happening and garner some support from fans who may be more likely to think he's serious about these fights. At the moment, he might be an active user of social media, but all we can glean from that is what heavy weight training he's doing and what his favorite hair do's have been over the years. Who's he even sparring? Who does he want to fight? That's the sort of thing boxing fans want to hear.

Right now, it doesnt come across that he wants to step up.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #36
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296

Quote:
His last two opponents Calloway and Weida were both 40 plus year old shells of their former selves. Both reduced for the past few years to nothing more than 'canvas magnets', and mercifully now retired.

He was also scheduled to fight the retired and 40 plus year old Damon Reed, and then Saul Farah, who's career record is almost pure fraud.

Based on a track record like that his next opponent is unlikely to be much better.
Unfortunately it looks like Weida is going around at least one more time.

8/9/12 V Joe Stofle 11-19-2. Joe hasn't fought for 3 years and was KO'd in his last two.
Appropriately it's being held at the Dance Land Ballroom, Davenport , Iowa.

Attention Totalpac , If Troy gets the win Mark should call him out for a rematch.
fast hands is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #37
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

mark de moran is a show fighter .. i bet his idol is rob calloway, would of hurt him to ko his idol....but there would have been more action leading into the ring than inside it
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #38
Totalpac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If what I have written comes across as mark 'playing' the victim then that was not my intention in anyway what so ever and I obviously failed in getting my point across. It is also completely incorrect.

From the outside looking in, I understand fans frustration at his level of opponents, but if you knew the ins and outs you would probably come from a more similar place to myself.

If you want to believe anything, believe that landing and having a big fight is Mark's highest priority. If anyone honsestly believe's that someone who has dedicated his life to boxing and gone through the ups and downs he has, is happy fighting for not alot just to keep busy I don't know what to say.

In regards who Mark wants to fight. He wants to fight anyone that can progress his goal of fighting in the USA/Internationally. AGAIN, he has said yes to offers to fight Fury, Stiverne and Meehan of late, if that gives you an idea of the fights he wants.
Totalpac is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #39
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If what I have written comes across as mark 'playing' the victim then that was not my intention in anyway what so ever and I obviously failed in getting my point across. It is also completely incorrect.

From the outside looking in, I understand fans frustration at his level of opponents, but if you knew the ins and outs you would probably come from a more similar place to myself.

If you want to believe anything, believe that landing and having a big fight is Mark's highest priority. If anyone honsestly believe's that someone who has dedicated his life to boxing and gone through the ups and downs he has, is happy fighting for not alot just to keep busy I don't know what to say.

In regards who Mark wants to fight. He wants to fight anyone that can progress his goal of fighting in the USA/Internationally. AGAIN, he has said yes to offers to fight Fury, Stiverne and Meehan of late, if that gives you an idea of the fights he wants.
So why isn't he fighting Fury, Meehan or Stiverne, I'm pretty sure if you get an offer and you say yes to it, that means you have agreed to the terms laid out to you... So what am I missing?
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #40
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:

Appreciate the response mate. I hope Mark has you on his payroll as his publicist. Even if it is a percentage of not a lot. You certainly end up with your work cut out for you.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #41
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:

de Mori was recently quoted by a newspaper as saying >>>

"I have fulfilled all my ambitions in boxing and I am now in it to entertain".

That's exactly the way it comes across to the public, regardless of your tedious spin, and it seems to consist of beating up old guys who can no longer defend themselves.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #42
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
de Mori was recently quoted by a newspaper as saying >>>

"I have fulfilled all my ambitions in boxing and I am now in it to entertain".

That's exactly the way it comes across to the public, regardless of your tedious spin, and it seems to consist of beating up old guys who can no longer defend themselves.
Oh Dear
Old 08-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #43
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
Oh Dear
Exactly what I thought when I read that quote and saw who his last two opponents were.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #44
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296

Quote:

In regards who Mark wants to fight. He wants to fight anyone that can

progress his goal of fighting in the USA/Internationally. AGAIN, he has said yes to offers to fight Fury, Stiverne and Meehan of late, if that gives you an idea of the fights he wants.
Plagiarising the prophetic words of our very own trailer park hero,

Pathedic.
fast hands is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #45
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Looks like a very poor crowd alright going by the vid. But put on a mismatched main event with a poor support card and the surprise is what?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!

Wouldn't have been just the faces that were red in the St Mary's wash-up.

looking at that amatuerish performance, alex would murder demori.....
swingin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum